will there be a new team in F1?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
munudeges
munudeges

Re: will there be a new team in F1?

We're going to lose teams, not gain them.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

When a handful of current teams are very mediocre the last thing we need is more of them. I wish they could get a larger share of the revenue to be more competitive.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

skoop
skoop

according to this article there are 2 teams interested in joining 2015:

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 11604.html

- no car manufacturer
- no more details are given

JanF1
JanF1

Well, the article mentioned above also says "according to their informations" it could be again a project based in the US and a project by a former formula 1-team-principle from europe...

Although you have to add that the "informations" from this site didn't proof to be too reliable in the past...
(f.e. according to them, Hülk will drive for Lotus in 2014 at least twice... :wink: )

skoop
skoop

i know. i just provided the link. you have to decide yourself if you believe the article or not :)

Kiril Varbanov

Looks like it will be Haas Racing + Kolles and StefanGP - according to AMuS: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 84603.html

Pup
Pup

Stefanovich, oh my!

I'm headed to Costco to buy a whole crateful of popcorn for this show.

I wonder if that shipping container is still in Bahrain?

Translated link, for convenience - http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 84603.html

SectorOne

All i hope is that if a new team arrives. Just make sure you actually afford it..
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

siskue2005

Tobias Grüner F1‏@tgruener·3 mins
AMuS exclusive: Applicants for 12th team spot in #F1 for 2015: Gene Haas Racing (US), StefanGP & Colin Kolles: http://ams.to/eI

countersteer
countersteer

http://www.racer.com/nascars-gene-haas- ... le/329703/

snip... Stewart-Haas recently expanded its facilities in Charlotte, which could be part of the preparations for a potential F1 involvement.

Haas owns factory facilities in Brussels that could become a European base for the team. He is also the owner of the full-scale Windshear wind tunnel that has been used regularly by F1 teams.

If the project is given the go-ahead then the team would likely enlist Dallara to help build its initial F1 car. - end snip

Interesting...

dren

Where is Peter Windsor when you need him???

I think one or both of these potential entrants should buy Sauber or Lotus.
Honda!

countersteer
countersteer

Haas has confirmed....

snip... UPDATE, 2:30 p.m. ET: Haas confirmed the report. Yes, he’s interested.

“We have responded to the FIA’s ‘call for expression of interest’ regarding a Formula One entry on behalf of Haas Racing Development,” the statement read. “We respect the FIA’s evaluation process and will share more details in the coming weeks.”

end snip...

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-f1-team/

RicME85

why do they ask for invites for teams to join AFTER rule changes rather than getting them in the year of the changes...just madness. as proved by the last attempt in 2010, the teams just waste money trying to tread water

Moxie
Moxie

MOWOG wrote:Over in the Double Points thread, a few intrepid souls have suggested that the sport might come to its senses if only we fans would stop watching the charade. While that is an excellent idea, it is not likely to occur, sadly. If everyone who is a member of F1T stopped watching, nobody would notice. Or care. And besides, we cannot avert our gaze, just as people at a cock fight cannot look away from the carnage before them.

In support of this assertion, let it be known that I hold the rights to the url "www.boycottf1.com", which I secured after spending several thousand dollars to watch the TireGate race at Indianapolis. :evil: To date, I believe I am the only living soul to ever visit that site, which is now defunct. :cry:
Don't be silly, but if F1 continues to be boring, a formal boycott by a few F1 uber-nerds will be the least of their problems. The viewers will naturally seek more satisfying forms of entertainment elsewhere.
MOWOG wrote:But if the TEAMS were to rise up on their hind legs and demand an end to the madness, THEN some changes might occur. Let's imagine, for a silly moment, that Baron Makeashitload were to decide his advertising dollars could be put to better use elsewhere, perhaps in IndyCar or Formula E. And let us further suppose that Marussia, Caterham, Sauber, Lotus, Toro Rosso and Force India all departed from the field.

What we would be left with would be a dozen red cars circulating the track amongst a sprinkling of McLarens and Mercedes and a renaming of the sport as Formula Ferrari. Shades of Indianapolis all over again! :o That giant sucking sound you hear after that happened is the rush of advertisers leaving the sport.

I know, I know. The above is simply ridiculous and could never happen. Could it? [-o<
Now that thought isn't silly at all. But there is a lot of ego involved when blowing many millions of dollars at the highest level of motorsport. I suspect that for some that ego will not be satisfied racing anything but F1. Why else would they put up with competing against the Ferrari payments and the Ferrari veto.

Racer X

Maybes an entry from the US who knows if they enter they might attract an American Manufacturre to enter with them not to mention American Brands and pretty big sponsorship. They can easily be based in somany factories in the US.
I mean NASSCAR is already a place where these guys do business and with NASSCAR loosing popularity here in the US one of the larger companies would be smart to jump into Formula 1 early..

Team USA?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/na ... r/4525315/
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ