will there be a new team in F1?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Re: will there be a new team in F1?

SectorOne wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:I think you overestimate F1. It has a reach of about 30 -40 million people. F1 is not trying to eat into Nascar market which will never happen, just trying to get the same amount of viewers as Canada.
Just like Canada you say? Ok then let´s look at the population of both countries.

35 million people in Canada.
316 million people in USA.

You can already see that getting the same viewers from both these countries is by definition a failure in USA.
It´s just a speck of the people in USA.

30 million viewers in a population of 7 billion is not definition global either

SectorOne

WilliamsF1 wrote:30 million viewers in a population of 7 billion is not definition global either
what?

If you are talking about the world now you need to take into account all the viewers.
Half a billion people in the world watch F1.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

FW17

SectorOne wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:30 million viewers in a population of 7 billion is not definition global either
what?

If you are talking about the world now you need to take into account all the viewers.
Half a billion people in the world watch F1.
Reality check!

Half a billion people watch 20 races not each race

SectorOne

Half a billion people watch FORMULA ONE.
i dont need any reality checks, but thank you.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

FW17

Haas has an idea of using Dellara built car as a starting point, however wouldnt it be better to have some one like TMG who has more recent F1 and LMP experience to design and build the car? or is it a budgetary consideration?

Development is going only into aero and front suspension with everything else almost off the shelf?

to be developed
- Aero -
- Braking system
-Chassis and front suspension

Off the shelf
-Gear Box with rear suspension with hydraulics - Williams, Mclaren, Ferrari or Red Bull
- Electronics and data logging - MES
- Engine intercooler, radiator and ERS - could be made available as a complete package from Honda, Merc, Renault or Ferrari

Racer X

Okey so here is another bidder

mobile.f1today.nl/en/news/kolles-stefanovich-also-interested-in-f1-entry-in-2015/

But Haas will have a 3 digit million dollar budget and Ferrari engines also the owner won't step in to run the team he likes to have experts do their job so he will find them but let them work. That's good a team owner who knows his strenght I think Team USA would come strong they have one of the best wind tunnels in the world.. Dalara was also mentioned...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

SectorOne

WilliamsF1 wrote:Haas has an idea of using Dellara built car as a starting point, however wouldnt it be better to have some one like TMG who has more recent F1 and LMP experience to design and build the car? or is it a budgetary consideration?
Dallara has more recent experience then Toyota building F1 cars. 2012 vs 2009.

Regarding Toyota, they are developing their own LMP1 machine which is probably quite similar to running an F1 programme so i would assume they are way too busy to build an entirely new F1 car for a customer.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

raymondu999 wrote:I wonder though - if an American manufacturer was to enter F1, how would they fare? The US sports car industry is built upon engines, not so much handling
It always amazes me how American road cars get so few horsepower out of 3 and 4 litre engines.

FW17

ChrisF1 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:I wonder though - if an American manufacturer was to enter F1, how would they fare? The US sports car industry is built upon engines, not so much handling
It always amazes me how American road cars get so few horsepower out of 3 and 4 litre engines.
The idea is not to stress the engine
SectorOne wrote: Dallara has more recent experience then Toyota building F1 cars. 2012 vs 2009.

Regarding Toyota, they are developing their own LMP1 machine which is probably quite similar to running an F1 programme so i would assume they are way too busy to build an entirely new F1 car for a customer.
Am not sure if we can compare the Dallara car which was built for 2010 with that of Toyota TF110.

With regard to the customer car design and manufacture service i do not expect a full fledged effort of 800 people who worked on their f1 program but rather a small team of probably 50 engineers which could get the basics right.

SectorOne

WilliamsF1 wrote:Am not sure if we can compare the Dallara car which was built for 2010 with that of Toyota TF110.
But you said most recent. Dallara has the most recent experience from F1. Again, 2012 vs 2009.

Moxie
Moxie

There is building a chassis, and then there is developing the chassis, and then there is racing the chassis. Dallara is clearly capable of designing and building an F1 chassis. But in the current F1 environment, a team of engineers at home base receives telemetry and makes decisions in real time. Would Hass be subcontracting the whole show to Dallara? If not I would think that he might buy a chassis from Dallara but have it raced and developed by an outfit such as Pratt & Miller, with obvious input from Dallara.

MOWOG

Shoot, we'll just get us a coupla good ol' boys to slap one a them Fear R I engines inta one of them old Jordan or Minardi chassis and go racin'. Yeah haw! Shake and bake, baby. Boogedey, boogedey, boogedey. Prolly stick one a them Hurst shifters in there just like we do for the Darlington cars. Heck, how hard can it be? A car's a car, right? :wtf:

Do NOT hold your breath waiting for the NASSCARification of Formula One. Not in this lifetime and not in your children's lifetime either. ](*,) :-"
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

FW17

SectorOne wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:Am not sure if we can compare the Dallara car which was built for 2010 with that of Toyota TF110.
But you said most recent. Dallara has the most recent experience from F1. Again, 2012 vs 2009.
Hispania parted company with Dallara in May 2010 after the partnership between the two companies had become tense due to the car's lack of performance. The team sought an alternative technical deal to assist in the construction of its 2011 chassis.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83874

HRT F111 was designed by Geoff Willis but was largely based on F110

cossie
cossie

of all the chassis makers they pick Dulllara, why not Swift, or Panoz or Lola, I see a train wreak if they go with Dulllara, just look at what they gave HRT a DOG of a car

Racer X

This is true but at the same time HRT was supposed to develop the car not Dalarra if not they minus well enter F1..
Failure was on HRT..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ