Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

I don't know if it's the right thread, I hope it's the right one, because we don't have the thread about Mclaren-Honda Team of 2014, and it can't be posted in the thread about the engines, because it's not directly about the engine, it's about Honda's seriosity and preparations for a strong Mclaren Team in 2015.
Accordond to some reports, Yasuhisa Arai, Honda’s new Formula 1 boss, and the Japanese marque’s technical chief Kazuo Sakurahara were on an ‘un-uniformed’ mission to learn and observe as the 2014 season kicked off. Both of them were in Australia, at the first race of the season.
They went in Australia to see what happend witht the rivals engines, and I thinks it's a very clever move by Honda, because by taking part at this year races as observers, and have Mclaren's experience with the Mercedes engine, they will have plenty of information which will feed in an extra year for development. I think Mclaren it's well placed for a strong 2015, because we could hear the Honda relesead their engine sound on October 2013, with only 4-5 months after Renauld and Mercedes, which had to have the engines ready for 2014. I think that Honda started developing the engine before May 2013, when it was announced the partnership with Mclaren, if the engine was ready after just 5 months.

http://grandprix247.com/2014/03/19/hond ... oceedings/

Gridlock

Vodafone red is #E60000, rocket red is made from 3 pantones, not sure if they're the same. Back to McLaren :D

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

Mclaren recruited two more young drivers for their Junior Programme: Marvin Dients and Benjamin Mazatis.
Both of them are linked to Mucke Motorsport and will race in the Formel ADAC championship.
Kevin Magnussen took the same steps as this boys several years ago, but at this point we can't say that they will make it near F1. But other sources claims that both of them have top qualities for their age.

Source: http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2014/ ... r-program/

Del Boy
Del Boy

Great interview with Ron

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113072

It seems the Perez decision was his! He also hints that that decision had other things involved - could he mean Telemex title sponsorship deal went with him?

Pup
Pup

Gridlock wrote:Vodafone red is #E60000, rocket red is made from 3 pantones, not sure if they're the same. Back to McLaren :D
That's interesting, since I always thought rocket red had a fluorescent component. Of course, the way the F1 photographers bump their saturation settings, I guess any red would look like day glow.

I doubt the stickers on the car are as precise as that formula - unless the formula was made to match what's on the car. Surely they buy a stock vinyl for the stickers.

Thunder

Any rumours of this weekends Livery / Sponsor yet?
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Kiril Varbanov

Thunders wrote:Any rumours of this weekends Livery / Sponsor yet?
Not yet, just E. B. mentioning that "back at MTC, we’re pushing hard to ensure that the supply chain from factory to track is further refined: ours is a battle of constant development; and while we’ve seen one team emerge at the front, it’ll be the constant, iterative developments that will upset the order."

In the meantime, I'd like to share a humble effort of mine, which is mostly sponsored by the people at this very same MTC - http://f1framework.blogspot.com/2014/03 ... -data.html

A preview of what's inside:

Avocado
Avocado

Holm86

Gridlock

KingHamilton01

Re: McLaren MP4-29 Mercedes

I honestly don't think McLaren have gained half a second between Aus and here, they weren't at the sharp end in practice and still slower than the redbull, work to do before qualifying and judging by ferrari's performance I think McLaren could be looking at 4th down to 10th if it is dry!
McLaren Mercedes

FoxHound

Ron Dennis will not be happy.

4 teams ahead of McLaren, and 2 Williams snapping at their heels at the end.
JET set

ergenomic
ergenomic

High speed track and the butterfly suspension are a bad combination. Given the other Mercedes teams being quicker, I suspect numbers are being done for adopting a more conventional suspension set up. My money is that high downforce circuits will use it and the low-mid downforce won't.

CjC
CjC

ergenomic wrote:High speed track and the butterfly suspension are a bad combination. Given the other Mercedes teams being quicker, I suspect numbers are being done for adopting a more conventional suspension set up. My money is that high downforce circuits will use it and the low-mid downforce won't.
What makes you think that? Drag?
Just a fan's point of view

KingHamilton01

Poor weekend for McLaren, I don't know where that mysterious half a second a lap was? because McLaren didn't really show any pace all weekend. Given how quickly Red Bull have moved forward and Ferrari also leaping McLaren I already think this season could be a struggle. Makes me wonder if McLaren really do have the right personnel involved with developing the car or we just need to give it more time.

I hope McLaren have got something good in the pipeline, Because I for one will stop watching if I hear Button carry on saying we don't have enough downforce compared to top team's! anyway still got point's so not all lost, onto the next one at Bahrain.
McLaren Mercedes