Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KingHamilton01

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Holm86 wrote:I am pretty sure the unsettling at McLaren with Withmarsh and Perez being sacked, and Ron coming back, has caused the team not to have a full focus on the car during the winter. I recon they should be able to have full focus on developing the car now where the team seems pretty strong. Specially if the correlation between track and tunnel is now pretty correct.

I have strong believes in them developing the car over this season. Hope they will be able to fight the Mercs soon.
I wouldn't hold your breathe, beaten by 4 other team's, Merc, red bull, Ferrari and Force india! I know button said sepang did not play to McLaren's strength but hulkenburg finished 34secs ahead of him! I will write this race off given they show some more promise in Bahrain otherwise what McLaren and Button are saying is all a front to keep fan's happy!
McLaren Mercedes

Thunder

This Weekends Sponsor, Picture is from AMuS.

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Emerson.F wrote:
FoxHound wrote:@holm

It does not help the team in any way to say that the car will be 0.5 seconds quicker in Malaysia, as Dennis proclaimed.
The turnaround for this team is going to be arduous. Dennis can help here, but he needs to stop with these bold statements, because they raise expectations.
Ultimately, it was a small faux pas from him, but you can bet there will people in Woking that got a grilling on sunday afternoon.
Man you how Ron works? He puts presssure on everybody and if they dont perform....
j2004p wrote:
akshat21 wrote:Button is a bit of a moaner when things aren't perfect for him.
A true statement about just about every driver on the F1 grid these days!
This. Although Jb well known for 'Understeeerr'
:roll: #-o can't give it a rest, now can you?
Thunders wrote:This Weekends Sponsor, Picture is from AMuS.

hmm a non-mobil/esso linked sponsor on the side now. When were they gonna reveal their new title sponsor? i recall Ronnie said there was an announcement soon - i guess this ain't the title sponsor, right?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Hey guys question about a pic i found. Isn't that Mark Webber's old engineer? And what the situation with Peter Podromou?

Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Thunder

Yes Ciaron Pilbeam joined McLaren as Chief Race Engineer this Season.

The latest i heard regarding Prodromou is that he will join for 2015. It was an Interview with Jonathan Neale.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Avocado
Avocado

Emerson.F wrote:And what the situation with Peter Podromou?
1.1.2015. Or earlier if it's possible. Fingers crossed.

gray41

Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

shotzski

Talk about sponsors, what happened with Lucozade? Non renewal of contract? Gillette is listed in their website as PARTNERS but their logo/branding is non existent both cars and clothes. Any thoughts?

Pup
Pup

GSK sold off Lucozade last year, so they're no longer part of that sponsorship.

gary123

They have only Maximuscle now.

FoxHound

Its odd that they dont want an interim title sponsor, but they change secondary sponsors at pretty much every venue.
JET set

Pierce89

Avocado wrote:
Emerson.F wrote:And what the situation with Peter Podromou?
1.1.2015. Or earlier if it's possible. Fingers crossed.
Personally, I feel Prodromou will never get to Mclaren. Red Bull has so much time to romance him that they'll eventually come up with an offer that keeps him at Red Bull.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

CjC
CjC

That's the worry^
I personally think that is the only hope mclaren have to return to proper competitiveness, I know one man or two don't make a team, but as red bull have arguably the best aerodynamic car and as Prodromou is red bulls chief aero guy I'm sure he'll bring a few good ideas or two to mclaren
Just a fan's point of view

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

@Thunders and @Avocado

Thanks guys. I heard Redbull is very keen on keeping him and possibly buying him out of his Macca contract.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Pierce89

Emerson.F wrote:@Thunders and @Avocado

Thanks guys. I heard Redbull is very keen on keeping him and possibly buying him out of his Macca contract.
I've heard it as well, I heard that they didn't put him on gardening leave specifically so they could be in his ear all day, promising him the world if he'll stay at Red Bull.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher