Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Richard wrote:
Bizarrely Daniel Ricciardo claims expense for water and snacks at airports. Doesn't he fly business class or have enough frequent flier points to get into the lounge for free food & drink?
What's bizarre about claiming travel expenses for work, those of us who've done it frequently always claim all of them or you end up out of pocket very quickly!
"In downforce we trust"

Richard
Richard

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

Read the second sentence in my post?

djos

Richard wrote:Read the second sentence in my post?
Having access to a members lounge or biz class doesn't mean you won't buy things when leaving airports etc :)
"In downforce we trust"

Glyn
Glyn

Richard wrote:This video is an interesting insight. I wonder if PaulB is the video somewhere?

Bizarrely Daniel Ricciardo claims expense for water and snacks at airports. Doesn't he fly business class or have enough frequent flier points to get into the lounge for free food & drink?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNuQMmnTpoo
More interesting. A bottle of water was like £5 or £7!

SectorOne

Lounge is definitely free in terms of consumables. I´ve flown it twice while i was about 10.
went from a normal kid to a kleptomaniac in three tenths flat.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:Lounge is definitely free in terms of consumables. I´ve flown it twice while i was about 10.
went from a normal kid to a kleptomaniac in three tenths flat.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

adrianjordan

You know there's something about this team, an x-factor of some kind, that appeals to me. I hate Red Bull drinks and haven't supported them while Seb was there because my support lay with Lewis and Jenson, but Daniel is a breath of fresh air and I'll actually be rooting for him to be a title contender next season.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

lio007

RBR announced a new partnership with EXNESS: http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/a ... ner-exness

GPR-A duplicate2

Red Bull's estimated budget for 2014 is a whopping 280 Million Euros !!!

http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it ... oni/21117/

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

GPR-A wrote:Red Bull's estimated budget for 2014 is a whopping 280 Million Euros !!!

proof money can't buy you the championship :mrgreen: \:D/

*becomes quickly silentl and hides before somebody debunks this claim with Mercedes 2014 budget including preperations since 2012* O:)
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

astracrazy
astracrazy

Manoah2u wrote:
GPR-A wrote:Red Bull's estimated budget for 2014 is a whopping 280 Million Euros !!!

*becomes quickly silentl and hides before somebody debunks this claim with Mercedes 2014 budget including preperations since 2012* O:)
I'd say thats mostly down to the engine. I'd bet if they both had equal engines the red bull would give the merc a run for its money

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

astracrazy wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

I'd say thats mostly down to the engine. I'd bet if they both had equal engines the red bull would give the merc a run for its money
Well yes, if by run for their money means a spanked backside ;)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

astracrazy wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Williams, Force India and Mclaren have Mercedes engines and they can't even reach them.

RedBull is suffering from having to re-invent their aero since there is no blown diffusers to gain from anymore,
But it's not like mercedes is at the end of the development possibilities of their car.
The Merc W05 is overall just miles ahead of the competition, it's not just the engine - even though clearly the engine
has a huge benefit. Mercedes is having an advantage by having a technical lead over the rest of the field, a very strong driver pairing [i'd say stronger than Ricciardo/Vettel] and a strong team [leadership].

Many people critisise Wolff and Lauda for not having Brawn around to keep the drivers 'under control', but don't forget RedBull wasn't able to keep Vettel under control either the past years either.

As good as RedBull is this year, they are way out of Merc's reach - keeping in mind the high possibility Mercedes also isn't using the engine's full potential, RedBull just isn't remotely close neither is the rest of the field.

I was and still am positively surprised to see RedBull advancing from the start of the season to where they are now, though. It was a huge mess at the start with the disfunctioning Renault engine. Them being second and actually beating Williams in the standings is a remarkable achievement and very respectable.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Juzh

Manoah2u wrote: it's not just the engine
It is. end of story.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Juzh wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: it's not just the engine
It is. end of story.
Because you say so?

No, it isn't.

Williams, Force India, Mclaren. 3 teams with the same engine [even though not works]. Not even close to AMG Mercedes F1.
If it was about the engine, we would have battles with AMG between them and the former ones. Meanwhile, both RedBull and Ferrari have splitted several Merc-powered cars.

Meanwhile, Red Bull, Toro Rosso, Lotus and Caterham all have Renault engines but neither one is batteling eachother.

Mercedes AMG F1 Team has a total package which is overall stronger on every aspect to the rest of the field. One of the most obvious examples of this was in Sochi, where Nico rode almost an entire race on 1 set of tires, whilst another Mercdes-powered team [Williams] couldn't do the same. Was that due to the engine? No it was because the Merc also is able to manage the tires pretty well - their main problem the past years.

It has been said Renault is 75 HP down on Mercedes, but that's genuine bullcrap because there is no effing way RedBull can be second in the WCC standings when they are 75 HP down on other Merc-powered teams like Williams, Mercedes and Force India. There is no doubt that Renault has a lower HP rating compared to Mercedes, but in no way would that be 75 HP.

Mercedes did a better job for 2014 compared to RedBull. It's not that important though because RedBull has won 4 seasons consecutively. It's not like all is lost all of a sudden. To be in the 2nd spot on the WCC is a win on itself really.