Red Bull RB10 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

Didnt know that, I saw the Pwr logo for the first time on the rads, this year : P Thanks

henra
henra

turbof1 wrote: I think it's more down to Newey's radical package approach. Red Bull was the only renault who had to cut holes in the sidepods during testing.
That was probably a factor in the overheating Problems.
But despite the aggresive packaging the sidepod volume of the RB10 is still quite massive.
One wonders if they would be able to change to air/water IC during the season if that is really the reason for the bulky sidepods.
It must be aching someone like Adrian Newey to carry around bigger sidepods than feasible with a different solution. I'm surprised he went for that less compact approach.

Blackout

Morteza

Formula1.com
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ringo

Blackout wrote:The RBR sidepod volume is big because it's using big air to air intercoolers (unlike Merc and Ferrari) which are located vary backward in the sidepods with a very closed angle and that reject their hot air at he top... The RB10 air sidepod intakes are small and the outlets are tiny.
Every Renault team is using different cooling solutions and aero phylosophies so it's difficult compare them. But if RBR have opted for an air-water intercooler like Lotus for example, it would have much lower/smaller sidepods...
RBR also didnt maufacure all of its engine rads in Milton keynes for the beginning of this season. They lacked time with the RB10 it seems...
I don't know why you have that misconception.

the sidepods are not less compact. All cars have a standard floor width. Look at the distance from the floor width to the sidepods and you can see for yourself that all cars have quite similar size sidepods. In fact the major difference is around the rear and the upper half, and from what i can see the redbull is more agressively packaged than most cars.
It's packaged so aggressively it gives the illusion of being cluttered.
The mercedes is the exception because of the log manifolds. But otherwise the heat exchanges in all the cars are of similar volume.
For Sure!!

Blackout

ringo wrote:
Blackout wrote:The RBR sidepod volume is big because it's using big air to air intercoolers (unlike Merc and Ferrari) which are located vary backward in the sidepods with a very closed angle and that reject their hot air at he top... The RB10 air sidepod intakes are small and the outlets are tiny.
Every Renault team is using different cooling solutions and aero phylosophies so it's difficult compare them. But if RBR have opted for an air-water intercooler like Lotus for example, it would have much lower/smaller sidepods...
RBR also didnt maufacure all of its engine rads in Milton keynes for the beginning of this season. They lacked time with the RB10 it seems...
I don't know why you have that misconception.

the sidepods are not less compact. All cars have a standard floor width. Look at the distance from the floor width to the sidepods and you can see for yourself that all cars have quite similar size sidepods. In fact the major difference is around the rear and the upper half, and from what i can see the redbull is more agressively packaged than most cars.
It's packaged so aggressively it gives the illusion of being cluttered.
The mercedes is the exception because of the log manifolds. But otherwise the heat exchanges in all the cars are of similar volume.
I didnt say they are not compact... I said they have a relatively big volume because they are very high (when you look at them from the side) and I explained why they are so IMO...

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

Please don't hypothesize in the car threads about updates. When the updates are real car parts, talk about them here. Please post update guesses and announcements in the team thread.

theWPTformula

I believe there are some slight tweaks to the front wing.

Upper flap has been cut down plus (I may just imagining things) the vane on the main cascade winglet, trailing edge of the endplate and the very small vane right next to the endplate on the edge of the highest element have all been reprofiled?

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

The car threads have never been the place to discuss the livery or sponsor decals or make little jokes about it.

Sandropim
Sandropim

yeap

New in the upper pic - no bulge under nose

tim|away
tim|away

RicerDude

New RW end plate?

FrukostScones

flyboy2160 wrote:Please don't hypothesize in the car threads about updates. When the updates are real car parts, talk about them here. Please post update guesses and announcements in the team thread.
so why didn't you push my comment in the team thread? anyway, I think such "hypothesizing" is better off here.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Bomber_Pilot

Looks like they may have sorted out their PU, since the FW isn't in its low DF iteration, like in Bahrain.

Mandrake
Mandrake

It might be the picture and angle, but that diffusor looks super tiny?