Red Bull RB10 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Juzh

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

Mandrake wrote:It might be the picture and angle, but that diffusor looks super tiny?
It's the picture and the angle :wink:
Everyone is maxed out on diffuser dimensions. there's absolutely no reason not to be. It's pure performance with virtually no drag penalty. Otherwise we wouldn't have these monstrosities back in 2010

Mandrake
Mandrake

I went through the old pictures and you are right. Strange how it just struck my mind......maybe because my own car has a larger diffuser than the F1 cars :D

Blackout

AfroDude41
AfroDude41

View from new nose camera in Monaco

Sevach
Sevach

They took out the upper monkey seat, but kept the narrower bodywork from Monaco.

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Anyone know if the insulated inlet at the bottom is the input form the exhaust manifold or otherwise?
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Sevach wrote:http://cdn-2.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... 2/s1_1.jpg

They took out the upper monkey seat, but kept the narrower bodywork from Monaco.
They are also running a traditional grill vented end plate compared to the venturi slot solution they were experimenting with.
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

jagunx51

is this new ?

not seen from behind..... or perhaps they just test it

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 2014-8.jpg
............!!!!

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Juzh wrote:
Mandrake wrote:It might be the picture and angle, but that diffusor looks super tiny?
Everyone is maxed out on diffuser dimensions. there's absolutely no reason not to be. It's pure performance with virtually no drag penalty. Otherwise we wouldn't have these monstrosities back in 2010

http://seven.collective-b.org/wp-conten ... 6_rear.jpg
RBR do run a shallower diffuser than most but they go for more rake. It's one of the reasons they can run so much rake before stalling.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Juzh

Owen.C93 wrote:
Juzh wrote:

RBR do run a shallower diffuser than most but they go for more rake. It's one of the reasons they can run so much rake before stalling.
In what way is shallower diffuser beneficial to this?

wesley123
wesley123

I don't see how it would be benificial either. It only would require stronger vortices around the floor area to properly seal the floor, plus it would raise CoG.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Blackout

Robbobnob wrote:
Anyone know if the insulated inlet at the bottom is the input form the exhaust manifold or otherwise?
Yes it is

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Juzh wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:
Juzh wrote:

In what way is shallower diffuser beneficial to this?
It helps stop separation whilst still having a large expansion ratio.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

PlatinumZealot

The RB difusers tend to use the rear wheels in combination with the trailing vortex from the wheel cut outs on the floor to creat the diffuser "walls."
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

Owen.C93 wrote:...
It helps stop separation whilst still having a large expansion ratio.
Would you explain this further or draw a picture?