Red Bull RB10 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
tim|away
tim|away

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

Interview with Adrian Newey on the lauch day.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7XagTv3JqI[/youtube]

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

very interesting nose!

after the Merc, this is def. the most normal looking car of them all. btw what's that face on the headrest :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

TimmTurbo
TimmTurbo

This Keel seems to be a flap preloaded by a spring or something whichs gives way for air to pass thru the nosecone once a certain speed (pressure) is reached. This may be a way to feed the wings ?

As far as i know this will be legal ?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

TimmTurbo wrote:This Keel seems to be a flap preloaded by a spring or something whichs gives way for air to pass thru the nosecone once a certain speed (pressure) is reached. This may be a way to feed the wings ?

As far as i know this will be legal ?
no, that would not be legal for it would be a moveable aerodynamical device
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

tim|away
tim|away

Scarbs on the RB10.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cm8DF08QCQ[/youtube]

Gridlock

The size of the stay is intriguing me. Why would you do this?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i assume it's a cover over the actual stay to hide things or possibly a measuring device

Juzh

Manoah2u wrote:i assume it's a cover over the actual stay to hide things or possibly a measuring device
good point

SectorOne

Why do the finger have this little carbon window on it? What is the purpose?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Gridlock

To keep the drivers' toes chilly.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

tim|away wrote:Scarbs on the RB10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cm8DF08QCQ
nice interview i like it. would enjoy f1racing to actually make more of an effort of providing images accordingly to what
scarb's discussing, f.e. a closeup of the rear would be enjoyable when discussing the rear end packaging.

anyway nice chat with scarbs.

TimmTurbo
TimmTurbo

Manoah2u wrote:i assume it's a cover over the actual stay to hide things or possibly a measuring device

Okay but this is certainly a individual part. Its not closing the hole entirely it may reduce pressure in this area to harmonize the airflow around ? anyway i guess there is something tricky about it.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

motobaleno wrote:If mercedes nose will be deemed legal than all other teams are wrong (and they will pretty upset I guess...)
In particular RB10 nose actually is rather similar to mercedes one...but with a bulge intended to make it legal...
Whoops. #-o
SectorOne wrote:Why do the finger have this little carbon window on it? What is the purpose?
Would it be legal to run another camera within the nose alongside the mandated positions?

stfn_ger
stfn_ger

Jonnycraig wrote:
SectorOne wrote:Why do the finger have this little carbon window on it? What is the purpose?
Would it be legal to run another camera within the nose alongside the mandated positions?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TR Art. 3.7.8 apply in this area, thus the opening is meant for driver cooling ( apart from secondary effects like a slightly lower pressure at the tip of the nose ) ? Other cars also have openings in their noses tips, the RB one is only shaped differently.

stfn_ger wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't TR Art. 3.7.8 apply in this area, thus the opening is meant for driver cooling ( apart from secondary effects like a slightly lower pressure at the tip of the nose ) ? Other cars also have openings in their noses tips, the RB one is only shaped differently.
I suppose the cooling doesn't need to exit inside the cockpit, just be directed towards the driver e.g. via a S duct?