MP4-21

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
manchild
manchild

I can't find a pic right now but that is where they attacht that bulky IR camera or whatever.

That hole is big enough for 220V power cord jack so I doubt that any laptop jack requires hole of 30 mm or more :lol:
Last edited by manchild on 19 Feb 2006, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

bernard
bernard

I know they put the camera there. But there is normally a hole that big there too.
But actually I don't think they have even ran the front IR camera on the mp4-21, the only car I've ever seen that on was the mp4-20b or the mp4-20 a month or so back.
I suppose the camera was just easy to install there with the connections and the hole ready, rather than putting it directly behind the tyre as they do at the back.

ginsu
ginsu

The MP4-21 sports a much narrower nose than its predecessor, modifying the car's centre of aerodynamic pressure. Its front end looks significantly cleaner in terms of airflow management, especially towards the sidepod air inlets, which are smaller and at a higher level than before. These changes work in conjunction with the zero-keel suspension concept retained from the MP4-20, whereby the lower wishbones are connected directly to the lowermost corners of the chassis. Last year this solution proved highly effective aerodynamically, providing plenty of valuable room for airflow passing under the front wing.
I love to love Senna.