MotoGP 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: MotoGP 2014

RZS10 wrote:Young Marquez apparently learned from his older brother, drives into Miller, takes him out and takes over the championship lead :x
Watched it around 5 times, and don´t see it that way. Marquez didn´t change his line a little bit, he was passing but Miller didn´t want to give up, touch, and crash. But Marquez was at the inside, he´d earned the position. Race incident IMHO

About MotoGP..... my DVR didn´t record it... :cry: :cry: :cry:

RZS10

Andres125sx wrote:
RZS10 wrote:Young Marquez apparently learned from his older brother, drives into Miller, takes him out and takes over the championship lead :x
Watched it around 5 times, and don´t see it that way. Marquez didn´t change his line a little bit, he was passing but Miller didn´t want to give up, touch, and crash. But Marquez was at the inside, he´d earned the position. Race incident IMHO

About MotoGP..... my DVR didn´t record it... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yea it was a first impression ... they haven't shown the replay that often during the race, i watched it in a rubbish stream :D
It was OK i guess

turbof1

So Rossi looks to be relative ok - only a concussion. When I saw him smacking to the pavement like that I really thought that he must have broken something given how he dropped down.
#AeroFrodo

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Anyone got the video of the Alex Marc and miller incident

radosav
radosav

JimClarkFan wrote:Anyone got the video of the Alex Marc and miller incident
Here are only photos. http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/09/28/mil ... uez-clash/

RZS10

i deleted the video link, i guess everyone who was interested saw it, don't really want to keep it in my dropbox

[should play in firefox ... ie tries do download...dunno what chrome does :D]
Last edited by RZS10 on 03 Oct 2014, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Well, until the rain made it a lottery ( & congrats to Jorge, good result) - it looked as if the seasonal aberration
of the Misano result was indeed - a bit of a fairy tale, & it was back to business as usual - with the Honda boys..

Rossi had already gone from 25 point Misano hero to zero, with - as Stoner would put it - his ambition outweighing
his talent ( but only taking himself out on this occasion)..

Good to see Crutchlow back on the podium.. ..& to get up there on a Ducati - circumstances or not - at last..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

mikeerfol

J.A.W. wrote:Well, until the rain made it a lottery ( & congrats to Jorge, good result) - it looked as if the seasonal aberration
of the Misano result was indeed - a bit of a fairy tale, & it was back to business as usual - with the Honda boys..

Rossi had already gone from 25 point Misano hero to zero, with - as Stoner would put it - his ambition outweighing

Good to see Crutchlow back on the podium.. ..& to get up there on a Ducati - circumstances or not - at last..
And the only non-GP14.2 as well :lol:

turbof1

J.A.W. wrote: Rossi had already gone from 25 point Misano hero to zero, with - as Stoner would put it - his ambition outweighing
Agreed; I infact believe Rossi would have won the race if he didn't crash. Given his intelligence, I believe he would have come at the right lap to change to the intermediates.

So a huge chance missed by him, although the Honda boys didn't play it smart either. In the case of Marquez, this is acceptable and more about paying learn money, since he hasn't witnessed such conditions before. But Pedrosa definitely should have known better.

Lorenzo had a sligthly easier call since he couldn't keep up with the Honda's anymore, so he could take the risk.
#AeroFrodo

mikeerfol

turbof1 wrote:
J.A.W. wrote: Rossi had already gone from 25 point Misano hero to zero, with - as Stoner would put it - his ambition outweighing
Agreed; I infact believe Rossi would have won the race if he didn't crash. Given his intelligence, I believe he would have come at the right lap to change to the intermediates.
There are no inters in MotoGP :P There are soft and hard wets though.

turbof1

mikeerfol wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
There are no inters in MotoGP :P There are soft and hard wets though.
Yeah I was guessing; couldn't remember how they called it during the broadcast :P. You get the idea.
#AeroFrodo

mikeerfol

turbof1 wrote:
Yeah I was guessing; couldn't remember how they called it during the broadcast :P. You get the idea.
Sure :wink:

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

radosav wrote:
RZS10 wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141 ... miller.mp4 should play in firefox ... ie tries do download...dunno what chrome does :D
Thanks guys, who do you see as being at fault here? It looks 50/50 to me.
turbof1 wrote: Agreed; I infact believe Rossi would have won the race if he didn't crash. Given his intelligence, I believe he would have come at the right lap to change to the intermediates.

So a huge chance missed by him, although the Honda boys didn't play it smart either. In the case of Marquez, this is acceptable and more about paying learn money, since he hasn't witnessed such conditions before. But Pedrosa definitely should have known better.

Lorenzo had a sligthly easier call since he couldn't keep up with the Honda's anymore, so he could take the risk.
I think Rossi had the pace to win the races too, even on the dry! We will never know now.

mikeerfol

JimClarkFan wrote:
radosav wrote:
RZS10 wrote:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/141 ... miller.mp4 should play in firefox ... ie tries do download...dunno what chrome does :D
Thanks guys, who do you see as being at fault here? It looks 50/50 to me.
Same, racing incident for me.

the_end90
the_end90

not a cool racing incident though, it can be seen that miller (is he the one on the inside line?) lifts up the bike just a bit and then he crashes on marquez...