MotoGP 2014

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Re: MotoGP 2014

Wow I was really rooting for Jorge.

Honda too fast on straights

Cam

Wow! Brilliant race. =D>
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Cam wrote:Wow! Brilliant race. =D>
That is why I watch motor racing, amazing :mrgreen:

Silver stone last year, final corner Jorge, tops that race, but only slightly

Cam

Top tier Motorsport done right. 2 great, no, masterful riders on wonderful machines going flat the %#^* out, lap after lap after lap. Hard fair racing. Truly wonderful stuff.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

http://gfycat.com/VagueWebbedCricket

Bradls monster crash in practice, I post it only because he walked away uninjured.

Shrieker

That was a really nice duel ! Jorge had better drive on the exit of some corners compared to Marc, be curious to learn which had which rear tire compound. Or maybe it was Marc just trying to save some rear tire for the last lap.

It's amazing seeing a rider ride over the limit consistently and not crash. His bike was wobbling around left, right, rear and center. Even the front was wobbling like mad going into some corners and he wasn't even losing time lol. I used to watch some of Rossi's races in his dominant days 10 or so years ago, he was f#!%k fast compared to others, but even he didn't use to cross the limit so many times.

One other rider who used to ride over the limit was Ben Spies on the R1 in his solitary season in wsbk where he won the thing. He used to swing the rear of that R1 left and right and then left again wildly into the corners. He was a superb rider, so sad to see his carrier end like it did. At least Marc doesn't have that problem of adapting to something else and be forced to ride faster still.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Andres125sx

Cam wrote:Top tier Motorsport done right. 2 great, no, masterful riders on wonderful machines going flat the %#^* out, lap after lap after lap. Hard fair racing. Truly wonderful stuff.
Only if Yamaha would be a bit faster in the straights...

I was conviced Marc is too good even for Lorenzo, but today Jorge proved me wrong, thank god! :D

Anycase Yamaha still need a bit more top speed, Mugello is the most appropiatte track for Jorge/Yamaha style (long corners where cornering speed is crucial), if they don´t improve top speed I´m not sure if they will fight Marquez again...

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

They are getting closer, the Marq era might finally be coming to an end. He is finally touchable these last two races.... kind of annoyed that Pedrosa didn't win there, he needs to just stuff it up the inside in the same way Marq does to him.

Shrieker

Lewis must've had flashbacks to Bahrain :lol:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Avocado
Avocado

Who is this girl on the right? :oops:

radosav
radosav

Marc's style is a bit dirty, i wonder when will other drivers get tired of it and decide not to move for him!

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

radosav wrote:Marc's style is a bit dirty, i wonder when will other drivers get tired of it and decide not to move for him!
They should be giving just as much back already... Dani was bullied today by Marq, he needs to step up. He keeps letting Marq by too easily.

Valentino doesn't stand for it, neither does Jorge

Andres125sx

radosav wrote:Marc's style is a bit dirty, i wonder when will other drivers get tired of it and decide not to move for him!
Dirty? Disagree

He´s very aggresive, ok, but I don´t see anything dirty

And that aggresiveness is the responsible of his competitiveness, and also our enjoinment. What a races these last! =P~

BTW, When they lifted their hand it looked like it was raining but it was due to a yellow flag, at the end there was a race direction message saying Marq was penalized.... but finally they corrected. I have the race recorded, I´ve been watching the incident repeatedly, and can´t see where did they see that :wtf:

Marq overtook Rossi at first corner, then he realiced about the yellow flag and let Rossi pass between second and third corner, meanwhile Pedrosa who didn´t see the yelllow flag overtook both Marq and Rossi at third corner, but instanly realiced about the yellow flags and let them pass again, so finally they all recovered their positions before the yellow flags

Many F1 drivers should watch the incident and take note

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Lewis Hamilton wrote:
It's also interesting to watch Marc Marquez.

He's got the best bike, but it's still remarkable what he's achieved. He won the title in his first season last year, aged just 20, and looks set to retain it after winning the first seven races of 2014.

I see some reflections of myself in Marc. When I watch him, I'm always thinking: 'I would have done it like this.' Then he takes the exact lines I would have - and they work. It's really cool to see that.

It's a great sport and it's good that the fans can get so close to the action.

I really want to try it one day. John Surtees won a world title on a bike and in a car, so it would be cool to do that, too.
It's easy to be popped off a bike, though, so you couldn't take the risk during an F1 season. But I'll definitely try it one day.
I know what I'm going to say next might upset some people, don't care, but I don't think I know of a person with their head so far up their own ass.

Pierce89

JimClarkFan wrote:
Lewis Hamilton wrote:
It's also interesting to watch Marc Marquez.

He's got the best bike, but it's still remarkable what he's achieved. He won the title in his first season last year, aged just 20, and looks set to retain it after winning the first seven races of 2014.

I see some reflections of myself in Marc. When I watch him, I'm always thinking: 'I would have done it like this.' Then he takes the exact lines I would have - and they work. It's really cool to see that.

It's a great sport and it's good that the fans can get so close to the action.

I really want to try it one day. John Surtees won a world title on a bike and in a car, so it would be cool to do that, too.
It's easy to be popped off a bike, though, so you couldn't take the risk during an F1 season. But I'll definitely try it one day.
I know what I'm going to say next might upset some people, don't care, but I don't think I know of a person with their head so far up their own ass.
As if Lewis could just hop right on the motogp grid #-o If he started today, he wouldn't win a British Superbike race for 5 yrs.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher