0-60

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
darksag3x

0-60

i know that this question has been asked a million times, but considering the changes in regulation and the responses by the teams to such, how fast will the modern (2003-2005) 900-950 bhp F1 car hit 100 and 160 km/h?

m3_lover

I know for the Jaguar R1 was in Car and Driver, and they estimate it was 0-60 in 2.6 seconds and 0-100 in 4.1 seconds.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

RH1300S
RH1300S

Buy a motorbike :twisted: Nearly as quick and you can do it on the road........

I know you know this ;), 0-60 is pretty academic in an F1 car, they are traction limited and not optimised for launch mode. What would be really impressive would be to know the acceleration in the higher ranges (100 - 150 mph?)

Mikey_s
Mikey_s

Gotta agree with RH1500S - having seen the things in real life the most amazing aspects of the cars is the rate of change of speed (both up and down) and the ability to change direction at seemingly impossible speeds.

It never fails to amaze me how they stay on the road when you see them corner in real life.
Mike

Tom

By the time u finish reading this sentance, an f1 car can go from 0-100 and back to 0!

Thats fast enough for me. :lol:
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Watching of these cars in real life is like something out of Star Trek, they are so quick. The car comes out of a corner, and ... warp... it's there going into the next corner. It happens so fast it is truly something out of another world. They accelerate and decelerate so quickly the straights get eaten up before it can register in your mind how quick they go. And the cornering, you see it, and you know that you can never get even close to it in a road car. Television doesn't do them justice, you have to see it in real life.