Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
hemichromis
hemichromis

Re: Honda Power Unit

GoranF1 wrote:
a1b2i3r45 wrote:Honda used 18 tokens over the winter, so they have 14 left. Anyone care to speculate when they are gonna use the tokens and in which area. AFAIK honda concentrated on improving reliability and deployment over the winter, maybe they will now concentrate on different combustion concepts :?: :?: :?:
they will move the compessor to rear and they will work on pre-chamber trickery like Mercedes and Ferrari do......those are rumors anyway.
Can they move the compressor to the rear with that amount of tokens?
Seems to me that the amount of together things that will need to be changed may really add up.

The combustion solution is what the seem to be looking at introducing soon.

hemichromis
hemichromis

[youtube]https://vid.me/2R48[/youtube]

Just found this, it's the first 2 laps of Vandoornes onboard.

On the first lap he makes a mistake at the last turn, a Toro roso is passing him but he manages to out accelerate it and reach 325kph.

On the second lap he reaches only about 310kph. Why is this?

Whatever the engine mode on the first lap it looks pretty mighty!

Macklaren
Macklaren

hemichromis wrote:https://vid.me/2R48

On the first lap he makes a mistake at the last turn, a Toro roso is passing him but he manages to out accelerate it and reach 325kph.

Slipstream?

hurril
hurril

I think that video shows some solid performance. Am I dreaming?

kasio
kasio

Macklaren wrote:

Slipstream?
Nop looked like limiter. check FP longruns. Its interesting that almost everybody do 1fast 1slow lap and repeat. To me it looks that they adapt ers on how much they can use during one lap. i think he just depleted ers at that point.

PlatinumZealot

This engine is not bad for a Barcelona engine. Can't wait till the real upgrades come.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pany
Pany

kasio wrote:
Macklaren wrote:

Slipstream?
Nop looked like limiter. check FP longruns. Its interesting that almost everybody do 1fast 1slow lap and repeat. To me it looks that they adapt ers on how much they can use during one lap. i think he just depleted ers at that point.
I think is mainly due to diver skill and different use of ers at each lap
In addition, i noticed in 7° gear accelleration decreases and 8° gear never stars working before break

namao
namao

ME4ME

Yeah that's absolute BS. I doubt that quote is even real. Who is that guy?

namao
namao

ME4ME wrote:Yeah that's absolute BS. I doubt that quote is even real. Who is that guy?
Here's the source -> http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/151 ... -engine-f1

ME4ME

I think it's a typical case of the leading team downplaying any advantage they might have to keep the fans interested, and their own team motivated.

Also it's selective fact sharing. Mercedes absolute power advantage might be 2%. Low says nothing about other crucial factors of the PU, which affect lap time. Mercedes is probably still ahead in total energy deployment, fuel consumption, cooling requirements etc etc. An advantage in each individual area.. it adds up.

I think nobody is under the illusion that the Mercedes PU isn't substantially better than Honda & Renault.

Logie
Logie

He could be right in the case of putting all engines on a dyno and recording the power that way, but we all know its not just the case of having an engine that puts out 1000BHP :P

Its got to work with the electrics as well as everything else and then you got to get the car hooked up.

Toto says in the vid that you got to get everything working together which is the hardest part

max_speed
max_speed

when Honda is planning to introduce HCCI engine ?. Ferrari already have it and according to forum facing some reliability issues. Renault is planning this mode in Canada. i hope honda comes with this ASAP.
is quali mode present on honda now ? i do not think in baharin they did turn on quali mode. i also miss wazari.
his insider info has been a booster for all mclaren's fans and buzz of forum has subdued a bit.

FrukostScones

max_speed wrote:when Honda is planning to introduce HCCI engine ?. Ferrari already have it and according to forum facing some reliability issues. Renault is planning this mode in Canada. i hope honda comes with this ASAP.
is quali mode present on honda now ? i do not think in baharin they did turn on quali mode. i also miss wazari.
his insider info has been a booster for all mclaren's fans and buzz of forum has subdued a bit.
Hungary
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GoranF1
GoranF1

max_speed wrote:when Honda is planning to introduce HCCI engine ?. Ferrari already have it and according to forum facing some reliability issues. Renault is planning this mode in Canada. i hope honda comes with this ASAP.
race 11
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."