Hamilton Vs Rosberg 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SidSidney
SidSidney

Re: Hamilton Vs Rosberg 2014

SidSidney wrote:Rosberg will be laughing up his socks at that comment. The entire garage will turn against Hamilton. You watch: there will be a mechanical error in Germany, and I know who's car it won't be on...
:shock:
This signature is encrypted to avoid complaints, but it makes me laugh out loud:-
16S75 13E7K 41C53 7CT23 14O5O 67R32 76175 90B67 L4L42 41O63 72W56 98M10 52E87

strad

Sjamaan wrote:It's because of Lewis braking.
Absolutely true
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

prince
prince

strad wrote:
Absolutely true
So according to the same logic, Rosberg's gearbox failure was because of the way he was CHANGING GEARS and Vettel's engine failures were because of the way he was USING ENGINES. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on guys, its a general knowledge by now that Lewis is a late breaker, hard breaker and whatever BS breaker. But the thing is, the engineering team who builds a car is equally aware of the kind of requirements to build one that goes with a certain driver's style. The components that are used are of highest quality and are designed to handle FAR MORE STRESS than what they go through in a race. General knowledge isn't it. But, s**t happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c03BF6f0mY

ringo

I found it interesting in the qualifying sessions that rosberg was struggling with the car. He had a lot of lockups.
I think this is fromt he FRIC deletion. It was a shame Hamilton had a brake failure, this would have been a fairly easy win.
Rosberg has the luck of the Irish, because i don't think he was getting the most out of the car over the weekend.
Hamilton seems to be in the same doldrums of mark webber and vettel this year in terms of reliability of the car.
For Sure!!

SectorOne

strad wrote:
Absolutely true
In a different universe yes. But thankfully Mercedes has let us know who´s really to blame.
The funny thing is that this is the second more improved version because of the same thing that happened to Rosberg.
Clearly Brembo has some work to do to make sure the brakes actually work as intended.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

I wasnt completely sure there was a conspiracy against Hamilton winning the WDC until today when the safety car failed to emerge for the stricken sauber? In the past the safety car came out if one of the marshalls spilled his tea for gods sake? Yet here we see marshalls having to run ACROSS the track to the sauber ...unbelievable
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

iotar__

Emerson.F wrote:I wasnt completely sure there was a conspiracy against Hamilton winning the WDC until today when the safety car failed to emerge for the stricken sauber? In the past the safety car came out if one of the marshalls spilled his tea for gods sake? Yet here we see marshalls having to run ACROSS the track to the sauber ...unbelievable
So in order to win a WDC Sauber's car has to fail in the middle of the road because only then conspiracy can kick in. So no random event, no safety car, no WDC for Hamilton? That's a bit disrespectful for LH :wink: .

Jenson is not Hamilton's biggest fan anymore Don't worry Lewis, I can replace traitor Button although I agree that it was poor driving:
"I don't think I'm the only person he drove into today. It's strange, when the car's so much quicker you'd think he wouldn't get into so [many] fights but there you go. "He drove into my rear wheel, that's all I've got to say and I don't know much else about it."
Edit: typos

dans79

Today was a good damage limitation day for Lewis, hopefully his bad luck us done worth for the season. If so Nico still has no chance!
197 104 103 7

SiLo

Conspiracy theories are stupid, there isn't one. But that questionable call will piss a lot of people off. Bottas wouldn't have gotten Rosberg but Hamilton maaaaaybe could have gotten Bottas, but it's unlikely.

The only thing good about Hamilton seemingly having run out of luck after the first practice session in Australia is that the entire season is exciting. The only problem with that is if Ros or Ham get crowned champion and one of them has loads more reliability issues throughout the year.
Felipe Baby!

basti313
basti313

SiLo wrote:Conspiracy theories are stupid, there isn't one. But that questionable call will piss a lot of people off. Bottas wouldn't have gotten Rosberg but Hamilton maaaaaybe could have gotten Bottas, but it's unlikely.
No chance. Two laps of safety car wouldn't have been enough to make the Supersofts last to the finish with the damaged front wing.
With the safetycar giving Bot, Ros, Alo and Vet a "free stop" the question is if he would have had enough room to open a gap on Alo and Vet to do his additional stop.
Don`t russel the hamster!

SectorOne

The stop actually worked against him. Not really sure why they brought him in if there was no advantage to stopping because they thought it was a safety car.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

adrianjordan

Was the extra stop and using 2 sets of SS tyres really quicker than a nose change and S tyres til the end of the race?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

iotar__

SectorOne wrote:The stop actually worked against him. Not really sure why they brought him in if there was no advantage to stopping because they thought it was a safety car.
Why does it have to be this everything is against Hamilton mentality? Check times after 2nd stop at similar time, http://macofan.com/en/index.php?page=ch ... 20Hamilton Bottas was on a very stretched two-stopper managing the pace, losing a lot of time , see how even lap times were. Three stopping was faster. LH couldn't get past with faster, fresher tyres. How do you expect him to be 10 s behind and somehow overtake. He was faster because of tyres and three stopping, he stays on a long stint on the same tyres, he is not getting past.

andrewf1

SectorOne wrote:The stop actually worked against him. Not really sure why they brought him in if there was no advantage to stopping because they thought it was a safety car.
The stop would have clearly worked for him, had there been a safety-car. He would have been on new super-softs, in a bunched up field.

No stop and the safety-car coming out would have meant trouble - a bunched up field and him having to make another stop later on.

Seeing as Merc and most of the paddock was certain a safety-car will be deployed, it was the most reasonable thing to do.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

dans79 wrote:Today was a good damage limitation day for Lewis, hopefully his bad luck us done worth for the season. If so Nico still has no chance!
The only problem is, it seems since Monaco, every weekend has been "damage limitation". He really needs to be extending a championship lead of his own right now, he can't pin all his hopes on potential retirements for his team mate, or the double points at the last race (which could work against him).