Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2015

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
cdsavage
cdsavage

Re: Khamsin Virtual Racecar Challenge 2015

There's a bit over 24 hours until the deadline for round 4. Just a quick reminder - the new rules specify that the area template STL needs to be included with the submission.
variante wrote:Hi, guys.
I'll be brief... What about asking Chris not to reveal technical images of our cars, this round? (by technical images i mean CFD and cutouts)

Chris, does it make sense?

The point of this proposal is letting everybody play their cards without the fear to reveal "ideas" uselessly (as this race won't reward points).
We should wait to see if there's any more input on this from others, but for the moment I think it's a reasonable idea for round 4 (same set of renders released, but no further technical images).

RicME85

Yeah that's fine.

With regards to the template stl, if I remember the email u got from you before the last race, that only applies to those going for the smallest sidepods and not a large all encompassing sidepods like a mine in the last race yeah?

cdsavage
cdsavage

It's less relevant for that sort of design, but it would be best if you submit it anyway. It's been added to the list of parts to submit in the rulebook (K1.4). Looking at it now, it probably shouldn't have been in that list, since it's referring to parts that need to be "separated from the bodywork", which doesn't make sense for an internal template - it probably should be in a separate note after that list.

cdsavage
cdsavage

There's about 4 hours left until the submission portal closes. We have entries from:
Brook Motorsport
CAEdevice
JJR Racing
Kineuton
Mercury Motorsport
sjnsRacing
Talno Racing
Variante

etsmc
etsmc

Well looks like my aim is for the back of the pack judging by those that have submitted so far

sjns
sjns

I'm not really happy with my submission. I hardly managed to finish the rebuilding of the car due to the low downforce change. I wasn't able to work on one of the biggest problems of the last race. That will cost me dearly again this race I guess. Especially in terms of efficiency. So I'll settle at the back of the pack again. Looking forward to those beautiful renders and all of your ideas!

cdsavage
cdsavage

What does everyone think about doing the normal resubmission process for this round? Since no points are awarded it won't really make any difference, but it looks like most entries had at least one or two issues that would normally need resubmission.

RicME85

Is there any point? As long as we have your email with what needs changing for next race I'm happy.

etsmc
etsmc

No need for re submission i think for this round.. we know what we need to fix.

CAEdevice

cdsavage wrote:What does everyone think about doing the normal resubmission process for this round? Since no points are awarded it won't really make any difference, but it looks like most entries had at least one or two issues that would normally need resubmission.
I expected it, since it's the first race with the new rules

cdsavage
cdsavage

Compliance check emails have been sent out - decided that it is probably best if there's still the option to resubmit in case there is any confusion over the new rules. Resubmission is completely optional since it's a non-championship round, there won't be any penalty for choosing not to.

CAEdevice

Hi everybody, to make less boring waiting for the results of the fourth round, I made available (through GrabCAD) the models of my MP003-FE, in STEP and STL format... with a very special dedication ;)

Here are the files:https://grabcad.com/library/mp003b-fe_free-1

cdsavage
cdsavage

Congrats Richard :)

Round 4 entries:

RicME85

Interesting, seems people haven't gone for wholesale changes like I did.