2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Thunder

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

So how long until we get the Vettel announcment from @ScuderiaFerrarl? I can see that happen. -.-
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Harsha
Harsha

Thunders wrote:So how long until we get the Vettel announcment from @ScuderiaFerrarl? I can see that happen. -.-
surely will be done Before March 15th 2015

CBeck113
CBeck113

Looks like Vettel has a new job as a mechanic :-D

“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Vasconia

I am happy with Grosjean being Lotus driver for the next season again.I think he is a good driver and hopefully Lotus will have a better season with Mercedes engines.

All the stuff related to Vettel/Alonso is becoming more and more annoying.

FW17

Alonso announces he is leaving ferrari.
“Today is not an easy one for me, because even if I always look to the future with great enthusiasm and determination, at the end of this season my journey as a Ferrari driver will come to an end,” said Alonso.

“It was a difficult decision to take, but a carefully considered one and from start to finish, my love for Ferrari was a prime consideration. I have always been lucky enough to make my own decisions about my future and I have that possibility now too.

“I must thank the team for that, as it understood my position. I leave scuderia Ferrari after five years, during which I reached my very best level professionally, tackling major challenges that pushed me to find new limits. I also proved to be a true team player, putting the interests of the scuderia before my own.

“When I had to take important decisions about my future, I did so with Ferrari in my heart, driven by my love for the team. I am very proud of what we have achieved together. Thanks to the efforts of the men and women of Maranello, on three occasions we came second in the Formula One world championship, two of them fighting for the title right up to and including the final race, running in a championship winning position for many laps. Without a shadow of a doubt, these five years produced some of the best moments of my career and I also feel that, in leaving the team, it is family rather than friends I am leaving behind.

“Now I look to the future with great enthusiasm, knowing that part of my heart will always belong to the prancing horse. I want to thank each and everyone of the team for the trust they showed in me.”

Alonso joined the team from Renault in 2010 and came close to winning the championship in his first season with Ferrari. The following year he signed a deal which extended his contract to 2016.

But despite coming close to the title again in 2012, Alonso’s five years with the team has failed to yield any championship success.

Team principal Marco Mattiacci said Alonso “will always occupy a special place” among Ferrari’s greatest drivers.

“We offer him our heartfelt thanks for what has been an extraordinary adventure with the scuderia, when in the past five years, he twice came so close to winning the world championship.

“I am sure that a great driver like Fernando will always hold the Prancing Horse dear to his heart and I also expect the Ferrari fans will continue to hold him in high regard in his future endeavours.”

Richard
Richard

Official: after 5 years, 1,186 points, 44 podiums and 11 wins, @alo_oficial will leave theScuderiaFerrarialo_oficial! #FerrariFamily #GrazieFernando https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/sta ... 4178683905 Ferrari driver. One experience. A pride. thanks
https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/ ... 7558561794 So who's tweeting next - Vettel?

McLaren said they would announce their drivers on twitter after 1Dec. I can imagine Dennis calling Alonso to say "Fooled you! You might get a seat in a Caterham if you're lucky".

mikeerfol

sectionate
sectionate

Richard wrote:Official: after 5 years, 1,186 points, 44 podiums and 11 wins, @alo_oficial will leave theScuderiaFerrarialo_oficial! #FerrariFamily #GrazieFernando
https://twitter.com/ScuderiaFerrari/sta ... 4178683905

Ferrari driver. One experience. A pride. thanks

https://twitter.com/alo_oficial/status/ ... 7558561794

So who's tweeting next - Vettel?

McLaren said they would announce their drivers on twitter after 1Dec. I can imagine Dennis calling Alonso to say "Fooled you! You might get a seat in a Caterham if you're lucky".
This statement
I leave Scuderia Ferrari after five years, during which I reached my very best level professionally, tackling major challenges that pushed me to find new limits. I also proved to be a true team-player, putting the interests of the Scuderia before my own. When I had to take important decisions about my future, I did so with Ferrari in my heart, driven by my love for the team.
Says to me "Hey Ron, I play fair now" lol

Thunder

Finally at least one Part of Silly Season is done.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Last edited by Blanchimont on 20 Nov 2014, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Harsha
Harsha

Thunders wrote:Finally at least one Part of Silly Season is done.
Yeah when we felt its never going to finish it ended suddenly :D

WaikeCU

Newsflash! Why am I not surprised? :lol:

turbof1

If someone at Ferrari now comments that nobody saw that coming, I'll be having a good laugh.
#AeroFrodo

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

and now....we wait
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bauc

So Alonso to MCL is now almost certain - now we just wait the choice between BUT or K-mag
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg