2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard
Richard

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

Seriously guys, we don't need another outbreak of driver comparisons (they've gone). I'll briefly outline the end game for that line of conversation to save us all the bother.

• I think driver X is better than Y
  • No I think Z is better than W
  • You idiot, my next neighbour's granny says Q wipes the floor with R
  • You crazy fools I ain't believing that driver C don't own no one
  • Yeah they all suck compared to Count Von Sauerkraut's epic 5 kph speed trap in 1872.
[/i]

Sasha
Sasha

adrianjordan wrote:
emaren wrote:
Sasha wrote:Here is a good rumor!

Ron Dennis last day of Head of Mclaren Racing is November 30 and his replacement starts December 1.
Never bet against Ron Dennis.......
You're suggesting that this isn't his idea anyway?

Though there was a brief clip shown during FP2 of him in what looked like a heated exchange with an arab gentleman...
Now here is the second part of that rumor.

Ron Dennis replacement is Ross Brawn.

People in the know who know Dennis and Alonso state the two have too big of balls too work for each other again.But that 35 million Euros a year might make Alonso to become a gilding for a couple years.
So something must happen(Arab 50% owner and Honda wants Dennis to go back to running Mclaren Auto).

dren

You beat me to it rolled. I hope Brawn shows up in 2015!
Honda!

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Sasha wrote:Here is a good rumor!

Ron Dennis last day of Head of Mclaren Racing is November 30 and his replacement starts December 1.
Sasha wrote: Now here is the second part of that rumor.

Ron Dennis replacement is Ross Brawn.

People in the know who know Dennis and Alonso state the two have too big of balls too work for each other again.But that 35 million Euros a year might make Alonso to become a gilding for a couple years.
So something must happen(Arab 50% owner and Honda wants Dennis to go back to running Mclaren Auto).
Where are you getting this from?

smr
smr

his imagination.

Sasha
Sasha

That rumor is being dicussed all over the paddock at the moment.But the media is being a little cool about it until somebody can find Brawn at the moment.

Richard
Richard

I recall Brawn made a comment that he'll spend his time fishing?

So that's why Dennis insisted on a huge lake at the MTC, it was all part of his evil masterplan for world domination.

gary123

Richard wrote:I recall Brawn made a comment that he'll spend his time fishing?

So that's why Dennis insisted on a huge lake at the MTC, it was all part of his evil masterplan for world domination.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... evilly.png
:lol: =D>

Sasha
Sasha

Dennis made promises to the other team owners when he took over the team and put Whitmarsh on garden leave.

He didn't meet any of his promises so the other owners wants somebody else to run the team who can live up to their promises.

Short list.
Horner-will not leave RB
Whitmarsh-veto by Dennis(25% owner)
Berger-do you think Dennis would allow a German(Tyrolean) to run his team!

Maybe Dennis pulled a rabbit out of the hat and got Brawn,who he wanted in January to run the team but Brawn wanted to go fishing for the whole year.Brawn would make the other owners happy and Honda,Alonso.

And with PP in charge of the car and the Honda PU looking it could be equal to MB or just behind it,might make beating his ex own team better than not catching brown trout.

Thunder

Sasha wrote: Berger-do you think Dennis would allow a German(Tyrolean) to run his team!
He is Austrian, not German. (Yes that's a HUGE difference :D )
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Sasha
Sasha

Thunders wrote:
Sasha wrote: Berger-do you think Dennis would allow a German(Tyrolean) to run his team!
He is Austrian, not German.

It(the joke..the brits tease the krauts or maybe thats only in TopGear) went over your head.

He is a German(Austro-Bavarian) speaking Tyrolean(a state in Austria)Austrian.

Is that better?

PlatinumZealot

Well Mclaren will be restructuring their team to have more than two bosses. So Dennis will still be there.
And, just in case people didn't know. KMAG is their on Ron Dennis' ticket due to friend ship with KMAG's daddy. If Ron goes so does KMAG.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I saw whatcha did there :mrgreen:

Hmm i really like this idea and it has a plausible sound to it. It would explain a bit 'nando's laugh :mrgreen:
I'd welcome it.

Brawn @ Mclaren with Honda ( his actual former team ), Jenson ( his former driver with whom he managed to grab the WDC and WCC with BrawnGP ), Alonso ( whom is dying to grab a WDC and hates Ronnie Boy and of whom I can't imagine any other person he'd imagine to be capable of grabbing the WDC aside Chrstian Horner but Ross Brawn )......that sounds so shocking that it may be actually true and subsequently, could even explain the shouting and arguements @ Ferrari :mrgreen:

And I think no other team leader has the experience of having the benefit of finding a way to implement a Merc engine into a Honda-built car and still win a championship, so i'd think vise versa should n't be too hard; pulling out a Merc and shuffing in a Honda?

Apart from that, Alonso is kind of a hothead and Ross Brawn is very very capable of managing hotheads......

Maybe brawns 'fishing' wasn't literally but rather 'fishing for another team' :mrgreen:

craziest silly season ever!

Only thing even more insane would be Barrichello returning for a drive in 2015 alongside Alonso @ Mclaren :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Thunder

@Manoah2u: Head ----> Explode :D

But yeahh, don't rule out anything in 2014 Silly Season i guess.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

lebesset
lebesset

well , the fat lady isn't singing quite yet !

in an an interview with the BBC at the end of FP3 ron dennis made it quite clear that it won't be he alone who decides on the driver line up , but he in conjunction with the other shareholders
he wouldn't confirm alonso for next year .... he said that events tomorrow could influence the decision , that they were not procrastinating but that all the information on which their decision was to be made was not yet in !! he said that he regretted upsetting various people but that making a decision without all the facts would be an error

that doesn't sound like just Kmag or jenson to me , so what could it be ?
my view , as already stated , is that it involve lewis ; I think it is he who won't negotiate with merc until after the season ; if he wins the WDC he will extend , if not he will wait until he sees how McLaren is next season and make an agreement with ron to come back subject to performance guarantees ; alonso may sign subject to lewis not coming back while he is there , no brainer which ron would like considering alonso's past actions and , perhaps even more important , the age gap

machiavelli would have felt right at home in F1
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be