2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lio007

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

here are the latest rumors: Ferrari's Mattiacci out and Marlboro's Arrivabene in.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/formel-1 ... 65591.html

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

lio007 wrote:here are the latest rumors: Ferrari's Mattiacci out and Marlboro's Arrivabene in.

=D> =D> =D> =D> just as you thought it couldn't get any better

an interesting Ferrari Magazine article on him, though, even if it's back from 2011....

http://magazine.ferrari.com/blog/2011/0 ... rts-today/
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Hail22

lio007 wrote:here are the latest rumors: Ferrari's Mattiacci out and Marlboro's Arrivabene in.

Just like Sky F1 saying that Massimo Rivola "may" be going to Mclaren with Alonso, that won't be happening.

But in saying that, Arrivabene has a lot of political pull in the back channels of Maranello...so it may be true.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Phil

lebesset wrote:my view , as already stated , is that it involve lewis ; I think it is he who won't negotiate with merc until after the season ; if he wins the WDC he will extend , if not he will wait until he sees how McLaren is next season and make an agreement with ron to come back subject to performance guarantees ; alonso may sign subject to lewis not coming back while he is there , no brainer which ron would like considering alonso's past actions and , perhaps even more important , the age gap
I agree. I too think Lewis is the key in this... Lets see how tomorrow turns out...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Lewis Hamilton will go to win the 2014 WDC and immediately announces his retirement from motorsports to start his solo music career, leaving Fernando Alonso to replace him at Mercedes :mrgreen:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Amus suggesting that Brawn may well be on his way back to Ferrari.

Kiril Varbanov

Jonnycraig wrote:Amus suggesting that Brawn may well be on his way back to Ferrari.
Already denied by text message to Brundle by Brawn himself.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Amus suggesting that Brawn may well be on his way back to Ferrari.
Already denied by text message to Brundle by Brawn himself.
Which should be the end of any speculation, especially having repeatedly denied he was leaving Mercedes last season.

ScottB
ScottB

The suggestion when Mattiacci came in was that it was short term to prepare him for a leadership role within Ferrari as a whole, whether that's still the plan, or he's not impressed enough for that to now happen, he's not an obvious choice to run the team long term and turn it around.

lebesset
lebesset

McLarens shop say jenson is out ...they are selling off his team shirts .....but not Kmag's
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

notsofast
notsofast

Not sure if this was already reported here. I just read that Perez was confirmed at Force India.
Last edited by notsofast on 22 Nov 2014, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.

mikeerfol

Force India! :P

prince
prince

Although this is Ferrari news, but I see that Scuderia Ferrari thread is locked and hence posting here.

Marlboro chief set to replace Ferrari boss Mattiacci

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marlb ... -mattiacci

notsofast
notsofast

(oops, fixed)

ringo

Make sense, since Matiaci is Montezelomo's choice and Monty is now out. Might as well remove any remnants of Luca's.

As for Mclaren i think boulier is a good team boss. He could work well with another manager like how Mercedes has 3 top guys. Mclaren performed respectably this year given the car's poor performance. Boulier had no control over the poor performance coming into 2014. I think he will stay on, Brawn is not needed at Mclaren. Eric is cold and decisive enough to put Alonso into submission.
For Sure!!