2014/15 Silly Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Phil

Re: 2014/15 Silly Season (yes this includes ALO and VET too!

EDIT: Reply directed at ojlopez

While I wouldn't quite word it like that, I think Alonso's priorities have shifted. He's not the youngest F1 driver any more, and his career has stagnated to a degree with no realistic lookout for a further WDC. I firmly believe that for him, getting himself into a competitive car is his highest priority, all else being secondary. If Rosberg were to pack his bag and leave Mercedes, I'm willing to bet good money that Alonso would be right there begging for his seat along side Hamilton, despite whatever history they may have had in 2007. Given that a Mercedes seat is unavailable to him, the lookout to join a hungry team such as McLaren and the prospect of Honda doing a miracle job on the PU front... I think the team-mate question is rather unimportant. No, again, I don't see him concerned over who else joins him at McLaren at all. At least not if the choice is between Button or Kevin.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

emaren
emaren

I'm not convinced that Alonso is really in a position to dictate that he has a lap-dog partner.

Mercedes have shown what is possible with two really rather good drivers and I am sure that Honda would prefer to be able to win the WDC rather than 'just' help Alonso to win another WDC.

I would think that the optimum combination is to have two drivers that like the same style of car......

Andres125sx

ojlopez wrote:Everybody knows that Alonso does not want a great driver next to him, too risky for his reputation. He wants a sidekick, somebody that is just starting to gain experience and can't outshine him.
Wow, Kimi Raikonnen a sidekick.... :lol:

His reputation is that no teammate has scored one single point more than him, and he´s had the strongest teammates any other top driver has had

Lewis Hamilton
Kimi Raikonnen
Jarno Trulli
Jean Carlo Fisichella

Grosjean
Villeneuve
Massa

Please stop the "Alonso don´t want strong teammates" myth. It´s so false it´s risible

Andres125sx

Phil wrote:I honestly think Alonso is old and mature enough to not be too picky about his team-mates, unless he might be placed with Hamilton inside the same team (due to their history at McLaren).
Only if it´s McLaren Phil

He´s no problems with Lewis, he said it many times

I know this is a british forum and most of you will never recognize Lewis was benefited in 2007, no evidences because this is F1, but there are so many indicatives it simply cannot be coincidence

For example because no driver would leave best team on the grid when they have a contract to sign in with a midfielder. We will never know what did really happen that seasson, but to me this is more than enough to figure it out

BTW, Lewis was benefited both by McLaren and FIA, I´d do a list about all that happened that seasson, but it´s OT, if someone is really interested on discussing this subject start a new thread and I´ll post it there
Last edited by Andres125sx on 28 Nov 2014, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

Moose
Moose

Andres125sx wrote:I know this is a british forum and most of you will never recognize Lewis was benefited in 2007, no evidences because this is F1, but there are so many indicatives it simply cannot be coincidence
No, I really can find no evidence of that at all. I can see plenty of evidence that Alonso bitched a lot about not being treated as a Number 1 driver. But not being treated as No 1 is not the same as being treated as No 2. Especially at McLaren.

turbof1

Andres125sx wrote:
Phil wrote:I honestly think Alonso is old and mature enough to not be too picky about his team-mates, unless he might be placed with Hamilton inside the same team (due to their history at McLaren).

I know this is a british forum and most of you will never recognize Lewis was benefited in 2007, no evidences because this is F1, but there are so many indicatives it simply cannot be coincidence

For example because no driver would leave best team on the grid when they have a contract to sign in with a midfielder. We will never know what did really happen that seasson, but to me this is more than enough to figure it out
British? My dear man, f1technical.net is run from the holy kingdom of Belgica. The owner is Belgian. We would be fanboys of a Belgian driver if we had a Belgian driver.
#AeroFrodo

Andres125sx

turbof1 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

British? My dear man, f1technical.net is run from the holy kingdom of Belgica. The owner is Belgian. We would be fanboyq of a Belgian driver if we had a Belgian driver.
I stand corrected

But you know what I mean

Andres125sx

Moose wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:I know this is a british forum and most of you will never recognize Lewis was benefited in 2007, no evidences because this is F1, but there are so many indicatives it simply cannot be coincidence
No, I really can find no evidence of that at all. I can see plenty of evidence that Alonso bitched a lot about not being treated as a Number 1 driver. But not being treated as No 1 is not the same as being treated as No 2. Especially at McLaren.
Because the current two times WDC accepting alternating strategy preference with a rookie is no evidence of the contrary, of course.....

They received equal treatment until everything exploded in Monaco (or it was Hungary?). From that point BOTH requested No1 treatment (a rookie requesting No1 treatment over the current WDC!!! :wtf: )

All began with Lewis rejecting Alonso to pass before the last lap of qualifying. Then Alonso sttopped on pits more than necesary, lewis put a claim.... But the first move was by Lewis

Then McLaren did nothing to stop the claim, they did prefer Lewis 1 Alonso 5 than a 1-2..... Very logical for a F1 team....

F1NAC

Alonso started following Vandoorne. Future teammates?

prince
prince

So it is official now. Sainz joining Verstappen at Toro Rosso for 2015.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116973

Sasha
Sasha

Ron Dennis wants Magnussen but the other shareholders want Button.

Who wins?

xDama
xDama

F1NAC wrote:Alonso started following Vandoorne. Future teammates?
They're doing a 24h karting-race today. But I'd certainly like that! https://twitter.com/svandoorne/status/5 ... 3450454016
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

noel

Sasha wrote:Ron Dennis wants Magnussen but the other shareholders want Button.

Who wins?
take a wild, wild guess.
44 | 22 | 14

f1universe
f1universe

F1NAC wrote:Alonso started following Vandoorne. Future teammates?
Are they friends?, Alonso invited him to the karting event to replace Sainz.

Thunder

Either that or it shows a McLaren Connection.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum