2014 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2014 German Grand Prix

sAx wrote:
iotar__ wrote:...Hamilton should be glad he even finished this race in one piece after three contacts he caused including one heavy change of the line in the braking zone and causing a collision with Raikkonen......
Just possibly only the cause of 2! http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09134
Button being whipped into lukewarmness by team's PR department doesn't change reality :wink: . First they say what they think then team tells them to correct themselves and be nice. Even if it's 50/50 (it wasn't but for the sake of argument) LH should still be glad to finish in one piece (this 50% part - top speed, tyres and huge pace advantage included). To be fair the one with Sutil was fairly normal.

sAx
sAx

iotar__ wrote:
sAx wrote:
iotar__ wrote:...Hamilton should be glad he even finished this race in one piece after three contacts he caused including one heavy change of the line in the braking zone and causing a collision with Raikkonen......
Just possibly only the cause of 2! http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09134
Button being whipped into lukewarmness by team's PR department doesn't change reality :wink:
Your reality or his?
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Hobbs04
Hobbs04

I thought Kimi/Alonso/Vettel pass was due to Kimi playing when he had bad tires. Instead of blocking Vettel for his team mate he ended up blocking Alonso. But then again Vettel is his friend.

Going back to Brazil 12 when Massa held off Webber to let Alonso through was what I was hoping for...

basti313
basti313

andrewf1 wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:
Shrieker wrote:Had the sc been deployed, did Rosberg have a fresh set of supersofts to bolt on at that stage of the race ?

I think Hamilton's last set was new. I don't think there's a conspiracy against Hamilton, but not bringing the sc out for a car that was stranded at the middle of the track ( start/finish straight no less) simply had an agenda.

Oh well... At least we now know the 's' in 'sc' doesn't stand for safety. Anything but. Disgusting how F1 is becoming WWE fast.
Lewis agrees. He said in a Sky interview: ''you know why''.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnWGMyODW7o#

He has a solid point. Advantage Nico once again :roll:
No, just playing mind games, showing his ugly side. :roll:

He knows very well that everyone would have got new tires, maybe options, and he would have been the one who has to stop again. He would have been the looser with a safety car right after his pitstop, even if he would have won the fight against Vettel and Alonso with his damaged front wing, Ros and Bot would have been away until then.
Last edited by basti313 on 20 Jul 2014, 23:07, edited 1 time in total.
Don`t russel the hamster!

SiLo

Collision with Kimi was hard to avoid, Force India was coming across in front and he needed to slow down, he was also going straight the whole time...

Why there was no SC I will never know. I complain when it comes out for small things sometimes when maybe it shouldn't, but that one takes the biscuit.

Loved watching Alonso, Ric, Vettel and Ham make all the moves today though, put on a great show for us! And Bottas put in a stormer once again, couldn't happen to a more down to earth guy.
Felipe Baby!

Redragon

Firstly Rosberg stop in purporse on Monaco, sky and hamilton play that game, telemetry prove them wrong.
Secondly Hamilton pit stops are slower, today was the contrary. Hamilton had better pit stops but still every one is speculating that Merc does in purpose because it is a german team.
Thirdly, now the FIA didn't deploy SC because FIA doesn't want Hamilton wins championship.
Let's see what it is next.

From my point of view it is the british media making Hamilton a victim, so if he wins at the end of the year, it will be heroic. But by doing that they take merit to Rosberg who is, by surprise of many here, doing a great job and driving really well.

Yes, SC would have been deploy, but wouldn't be change much at the end of the race. But also Ham should have been investigated for causing a collision.

andrewf1

basti313 wrote:
andrewf1 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnWGMyODW7o#

He has a solid point. Advantage Nico once again :roll:
No, just playing mind games, showing his ugly side. :roll:

He knows very well that everyone would have got new tires, maybe options, and he would have been the one who has to stop again. He would have been the looser with a safety car right after his pitstop, even if he would have won the fight against Vettel and Alonso with his damaged front wing, Ros and Bot would have been away until then.

What on Earth are you talking about? He was the first to pit while anticipating a safety-car and he changed to his last set of SS tyres. He would have finished the race on those tyres - as he did without the safety-car - only this time the field would have been bunched up, with both Rosberg and Bottas in sight.
Last edited by andrewf1 on 20 Jul 2014, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

iotar__

Re-watched Button-Hamilton onboard - to put it bluntly I don't think Hamilton is telling the truth when he says he thought Button was letting him through - JB was clearly in front, visibly turning in, that's not how letting drive by looks like. It wasn't 50/50 - he survived so good for him.

andrewf1

iotar__ wrote:Re-watched Button-Hamilton onboard - to put it bluntly I don't think Hamilton is telling the truth when he says he thought Button was letting him through - JB was clearly in front, visibly turning in, that's not how letting drive by looks like. It wasn't 50/50 - he survived so good for him.
So do you think Jenson himself is telling the truth in his tweet here or is he also lying? :wink:
https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status ... 7633123329

gray41

Jenson was waving him through, only to turn last minute.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

iotar__ wrote:Re-watched Button-Hamilton onboard - to put it bluntly I don't think Hamilton is telling the truth when he says he thought Button was letting him through - JB was clearly in front, visibly turning in, that's not how letting drive by looks like. It wasn't 50/50 - he survived so good for him.
f**king genius!

SectorOne

It´s creative though, i give him that!
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MercedesAMGSpy

Redragon wrote:Firstly Rosberg stop in purporse on Monaco, sky and hamilton play that game, telemetry prove them wrong.
Secondly Hamilton pit stops are slower, today was the contrary. Hamilton had better pit stops but still every one is speculating that Merc does in purpose because it is a german team.
Thirdly, now the FIA didn't deploy SC because FIA doesn't want Hamilton wins championship.

From my point of view it is the british media making Hamilton a victim, so if he wins at the end of the year, it will be heroic. But by doing that they take merit to Rosberg who is, by surprise of many here, doing a great job and driving really well.

Yes, SC would have been deploy, but wouldn't be change much at the end of the race. But also Ham should have been investigated for causing a collision.
It will be heroic, quess what he is 14 points behind Rosberg with two DNF's and one DNF in Q compared to Rosberg's one DNF in Britain. Maybe you can ignore these facts too in your own reality.

turbof1

Speaking after the race, I think both are sensible: Hamilton takes the blame for misinterpreting Button's intentions, and Button comes back on what he said earlier and admits he might have given Hamilton the wrong impression.

Race incident.
#AeroFrodo

Redragon

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:
Redragon wrote:Firstly Rosberg stop in purporse on Monaco, sky and hamilton play that game, telemetry prove them wrong.

It will be heroic, quess what he is 14 points behind Rosberg with two DNF's and one DNF in Q compared to Rosberg's one DNF in Britain. Maybe you can ignore these facts too in your own reality.
So basically I have to assume on my own reality, as you call it, that Hamilton is the winer already. Yes, Rosberg is DNF less but I don't look DNF as drivers mistakes, I look at them as unlucky circunstances.

Overall, and from my point of view, sorry to permit myself to have one, Rosberg have been driving with more professionalism and a great level. He has earned himself to be 14 points in front of Hamilton.