McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JoeE
JoeE

Re: McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

Sky have a Live blog and they haven't even been told a time by the sounds of things

http://www1.skysports.com/live-blog/124 ... -30-launch

poolboy67

oh come on Ron! just reveal the car already so i can finally go to sleep.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

Thunder

poolboy67 wrote:
surely you mean 11am? :lol:

seems to be white on the rollhoop/engine cover. that'll surely make it 2 seconds a lap faster than mercedes. :mrgreen:

Yes 11am, sorry for the Confusion.
I'm bad with the AM / PM thing, we don't have such fancy stuff here in Germany. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

KingHamilton01

I've even seen 1pm touted by numerous Twitter sources now, seem's logical as same time as pervious years!
McLaren Mercedes

poolboy67

Thunders wrote: Yes 11am, sorry for the Confusion.
I'm bad with the AM / PM thing, we don't have such fancy stuff here in Germany. :D
no problem man, we finns don't use am/pm either :D
KingHamilton01 wrote:I've even seen 1pm touted by numerous Twitter sources now, seem's logical as same time as pervious years!
assuming it's englandshire time right? wait. that might have been dumb question. #-o
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

Avocado
Avocado

12:00 UK time or CET?

ollandos
ollandos

We’ll be getting you up close and personal on the 29th January via an online-only launch where you can get involved using #McLarenHonda on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

only online on social media ....the car perhaps is on the road to spain today........only video and photos ...and demo-test livery .....

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

poolboy67 wrote:maybe by witholding the time of release, they're attempting to avoid the vicious onslaught of people rushing to their website. i.e they may be trying to avoid a server overload. though their attempt is futile :lol:
That's rather pointless because as soon as they unveil the car, the servers will get hammered as news will spread across twitter etc Anyway I expect the media either have embargoed images of the MP4-30 or McLaren will send them a press pack in digital form just as the car is unveiled on it's website.

I just noticed that you can make out the shadow of the nose and front wing under the coming soon graphic on the picture that's currently on the McLaren website.

Teutonic Knight

I can't remember any car launch in the past, for which there has been such an anticipation! Maybe to some extent for the 2009 cars due to the changed regulations; but in MP4-30's case everything is unknown - from livery to the car design!

Awesome feeling!
Teutonic unique unit. Infantry with slow but powerful attack. Attack bonus vs buildings.

bauc

Teutonic Knight wrote:I can't remember any car launch in the past, for which there has been such an anticipation! Maybe to some extent for the 2009 cars due to the changed regulations; but in MP4-30's case everything is unknown - from livery to the car design!

Awesome feeling!
Yes, Indeed it is awesome feeling, the anticipation to finally see the car..... C'mon Mclaren just get on with it and save us from this suffering :D
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mikeerfol

Looks like we'll have to wait for another hour :P

Hail22

The live feed isn't running yet which means its not for another 50 odd minutes :(
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

mikeerfol

That live is for GP weekends only.

Teutonic Knight

bauc wrote:
Teutonic Knight wrote:I can't remember any car launch in the past, for which there has been such an anticipation! Maybe to some extent for the 2009 cars due to the changed regulations; but in MP4-30's case everything is unknown - from livery to the car design!

Awesome feeling!
Yes, Indeed it is awesome feeling, the anticipation to finally see the car..... C'mon Mclaren just get on with it and save us from this suffering :D
They should have "quietly" released the car online at midnight or say between 02.00 and 04.00 when most of the people would have been asleep (maybe even dreaming of the car). The surprise which they would have got after online for the first time in the day would have been quite something!
Teutonic unique unit. Infantry with slow but powerful attack. Attack bonus vs buildings.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

McLaren have just tweeted a picture of the MP46. They are dragging this out for all it's worth. They won't have launched the car at midnight as it would lessen the impact in terms of PR. I can understand why they are teasing and have not said what time they car is be unveiled. Ramps up anticipation and media attention. Still frustrating though :lol: