2014 Russian GP - Sochi

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nd2014
nd2014

Re: 2014 Russian GP - Sochi

F1 2014 game lap of sochi; this one has commentary from Danil Kyvat: http://www.redbull.com/en/motorsports/f ... -lap-sochi

Vasconia

WilliamsF1 wrote:
kalinka wrote:The run from last corner to turn2 is esentially a flat-out no? It seems quite long. They should reach quite high speeds there. Turn 2 will be the real issue at the start as everybody tries to outbrake each other on cold tyres.
Nothing special, think Valancia
I hope that the race is not as bad as it used to be in Valencia(forget 2012).

SectorOne

A look at the championship mathematically:

If Mercedes occupy the first two spots (does not matter who wins) in Russia and USA, Ricciardo will be out of the championship mathematically.
If he splits them in Russia but Hamilton wins in USA he´s out as well.

He can even win all of the remaining races and it still won´t be enough if Mercedes occupies 2nd and 3rd spots for the remainder of the season.
Even if both Mercedes drivers get a DNF each in a normal points race it still won´t be enough.

Looking at Nico vs Lewis:

If Hamilton comes second in RUS, USA, BRA he only needs to win Abu Dhabi to take the title by 3 points.

If Hamilton wins RUS, USA and BRA he only needs to finish 5th in Abu Dhabi to take the title by 1 point.

If Hamilton gets a DNF in Russia he needs to win USA, BRA and Abu Dhabi to take the title by 13 points. (Abu Dhabi shootout basically)

If Rosberg gets a DNF in Russia even if he wins all the races, he needs Hamilton to finish lower then 2nd in those three.
Hamilton could even afford to come third in two normal races and still take the title by one point.

I´m bored what can i say.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

zioture
zioture

F1 2014 Russian Grand Prix Preview: Sochi

Edax
Edax

SectorOne wrote:
Edax wrote:When the Houston track was delivered, I thought that Tilke was finally getting a grasp of what a good track should look like (Although If I was Spa, or Silverstone I would sew him for stealing my corners).
Then sue Tavo Hellmund. He´s the one that put down the general track layout for that one which Tilke then had to modify to fit FIA´s safety regulations.
[snip]
A big contrast is Atlanta Motorsports Park which Tilke is behind.
You do realise that the main attractions of Atlanta are a carbon copy of the carousel and eau rouge?

But no problem with me. The track certainly looks exciting with a nice flow.

Better well copied than badly invented. One might even wish they copied a bit more Monaco or Pau in Sochi, the track could certainly do with some crazy armco hurdles, strange bumbs, potholes etc. With cars jumping around and squirming between the barriers even a high speed parade becomes moderately exciting.

Sevach
Sevach

Do Mercedes engined teams take their 5th engine here or wait one more?

Skippon
Skippon

MGP WiF1 and MRL all ran their 5th PU in Japan!!

SectorOne

Edax wrote:You do realise that the main attractions of Atlanta are a carbon copy of the carousel and eau rouge?
I don´t see any carbon copies of either in Atlanta Motorsports Park to be honest.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

FW17

I heard that Jules car was taken by the cops at suzuka as part of their investigation. Is it true?

Does maruasia have another car to ship from the factory or do they carry enough spares to build a new one at Sochi?

Cuky

Well, they couldn't use that car in any way as the tub was damaged (roll hoop torn off above else). And they sure have at least one or two tubs that they keep in store should need to use them come.

mikeerfol

Ι saw somewhere (Buxton's twitter?) that Marussia were preparing 2 cars today.

Richard
Richard

Most teams carry enough spares to build a complete new car in case there is a crash in free practice or qualifying. I wouldn't be surprised if a small team like Marussia only had one spare tub so if there is a big crash at Sochi they'll be down to one car.

FW17

Are they going to be running 2 cars? must be less of a financial strain to field just 1 car for this race. They could plead "out of respect" to the FOM.

the_end90
the_end90

News says they will run 2 cars with Rossi

bauc

This track reminds me of Abu Dabi & Singapore, but I hope we will be able to see some good racing
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg