2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2014 Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina

djos wrote:Regardless of flap-gate, how about Dan extracting 6/10ths more out of his rb10 than Seb, that was mega and he did it twice in q3 just when it looked like Seb was getting to grips with the car.
Oh yes. forgot about that... I thought Seb had finally gotten a handle on the Bull. After the last few races seemed he was on a high going to Ferrari - crushing Dan in qualy and race. I really wonder if it was down to other reasons, because to get 6 tenths stuck into him in his final race for RB doesn't look so good from Ferrari's point of view!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

djos wrote:Regardless of flap-gate, how about Dan extracting 6/10ths more out of his rb10 than Seb, that was mega and he did it twice in q3 just when it looked like Seb was getting to grips with the car.
Yes that was very notable. Just when i thought Seb was making a comeback. He is doing to him what Alonso is doing to Kimi, and Kimi has old age and a bad back as an excuse!
For Sure!!

djos

ringo wrote:
Yes that was very notable. Just when i thought Seb was making a comeback. He is doing to him what Alonso is doing to Kimi, and Kimi has old age and a bad back as an excuse!
Seb vs Kimi sure is going to be interesting next year, both drivers have struggled with the 2014 cars so I wonder if Ferrari haven't made an epic mistake in their driver line up?
"In downforce we trust"

Mr Alcatraz

Kimi will probably get a little spanky, spanky, but nothing like the punishment, and abuse that he gets and has to endure from Fred! :oops: :-({|= spanky, spanky, :-({|= ;) :-"
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

djos wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
djos wrote:Ps. once again Dan K showed us JEV is too slow to deserve a top race seat.
Now watch JEV show him how to race again...
He'd want to be better at something with 3 seasons of racing under his belt!
What, the part where you get points?

djos

BanMeToo wrote: What, the part where you get points?
Is that the part that takes a beating when you have to take two extra pu's?
"In downforce we trust"

Kingshark
Kingshark

MercedesAMGSpy wrote:Rosberg is an underrated driver, maybe because of the bad cars he had before this one. I think it's the same story with Hulkenberg. Put him in a better car like Ricciardo and he will shine. I think Alonso/Vettel wouldn't beat Rosberg easily as team mate.
I doubt Vettel would beat Rosberg at all.

In fact, the only ones who I confidently rate ahead of Rosberg are Alonso and Hamilton. I don't really think that there's anyone else out there better than him. The jury is still out on Ricciardo.

Mr Alcatraz

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

????
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SectorOne

djos wrote:
BanMeToo wrote: What, the part where you get points?
Is that the part that takes a beating when you have to take two extra pu's?
Only if you actually would have performed. In Kvyat´s case that seems to be Saturdays.
The day no points is produced.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Traction

Kingshark wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote:Rosberg is an underrated driver, maybe because of the bad cars he had before this one. I think it's the same story with Hulkenberg. Put him in a better car like Ricciardo and he will shine. I think Alonso/Vettel wouldn't beat Rosberg easily as team mate.
I doubt Vettel would beat Rosberg at all.

In fact, the only ones who I confidently rate ahead of Rosberg are Alonso and Hamilton. I don't really think that there's anyone else out there better than him. The jury is still out on Ricciardo.
This is so funny, Hamilton On the verge of cruising to a WDC in a completely dominating car, by only having to beat one person and all of a sudden that one person is one of the best drivers on the circuit..
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

SidSidney
SidSidney

Just a few scenarios of how Lewis could lose his WDC at the first corner, feel free to add more:

Anything involving Massa and Maldonado is supposed to be a little bit funny...
This signature is encrypted to avoid complaints, but it makes me laugh out loud:-
16S75 13E7K 41C53 7CT23 14O5O 67R32 76175 90B67 L4L42 41O63 72W56 98M10 52E87

Shrieker

Maldonado made me lol. Deffo not out of the question :mrgreen: Also Grosjean :D

If Nico is ahead into the first corner he might try brake check Hamilton. Alonso did it in 2007 coming up to Descida do Lago with splendid results.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Kingshark
Kingshark

Traction wrote:This is so funny, Hamilton On the verge of cruising to a WDC in a completely dominating car, by only having to beat one person and all of a sudden that one person is one of the best drivers on the circuit..
I've rated Rosberg highly long before he became Lewis' teammate (you can look back to many of my comments on F1Fanatic and Autosport Forum back in 2011-2012 for evidence).

I don't just rate Rosberg because he took 11 pole positions with one of the fastest drivers of all time as his teammate. I rate him because of the fact that;

1. Charged from 22nd to 7th in and set fastest lap in an average car, in his debut race (Bahrain 2006), was fighting for pole position in Malaysia.
2. Matured enormously as a driver from 2006 to 2007, became a lot more consistent and less error-prone.
3. Took 2 podiums in a shoebox in 2008 (a car which finished 8th (!) in the WCC ffs!)
4. Was the most consistent point-scorer of any driver in 2009 apart from Button, beat both Toyota's in the standings with a weaker car.
5. Demolished Schumacher, beat Kubica in roughly equal cars in 2010. Also scored 3 podiums with the 4th-5th best car.
6. Was occasionally fighting with Red Bull and McLaren in 2011 when his car had no business being up there. China and Turkey come to mind.

I saw Rosberg for the talent that he was long before 2013. Some people just can't separate car performance from driver ability. Nico has been brilliant since 2007, it's just that up until 2013, he's never had the car to show it.
Last edited by Kingshark on 06 Dec 2014, 06:31, edited 1 time in total.

mikeerfol

https://twitter.com/MikeWise71/status/5 ... 9216908289 So, I believe it's the first time both cars from a team start from the pitlane since Toyota at the 2009 Australian GP?