MotoGP 2015

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Re: MotoGP 2015

M-M takes out 3rd USGP C-o-A victory, he rode a steady race to gain the lead from the fast starting Dovi' Ducati..

Dovi' held out Rossi for 2nd, followed by Lorenzo & Ianone on the other factory race bikes.

It was reported that C-S was willing to stand in on the 2nd Repsol Honda, but HRC wants him to commit
to a full role as a racer, not as a tester/temporary ring-in..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

SectorOne

Stoner vs Marquez would be unreal to see.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

GPR-A duplicate2

SectorOne wrote:Stoner vs Marquez would be unreal to see.
The way currently Marquez is riding, it's hard to see any other rider holding water against him. The guy lets the pole position go, starts slow, but gets back to the front with some mesmerizing moves. Although Honda is a great bike, but it is not just limited to Honda. Before the arrival of Marquez, Lorenzo was on his peak and suddenly he lost plot against Marquez. He has managed to dismantle Lorenzo and Rossi's revival has compounded Lorenzo's miseries. So, hard to imagine if Stoner can really challenge Marquez. That's just my thoughts.

Andres125sx

Stoner myth is entertaining, but he´s out of top competition for too many seasons now

Meanwhile Marquez has become one of those riders you only see once in two decades if you´re lucky enough. He´s not only unbelieveble fast, he´s a complete rider, no weak point for him

If Stoner returns, I´d put all my money for Mark

This race and qualifying was enlightening, he can ride at the limit constantly, it seems like he´s going to crash at any braking, at any corner, but instead of crashing he beat the record and make the pole. In race he´s smart enough to be patient to analyse his rivals before atacking, I can´t think of any aspect he can improve =D>

ian_s

Andres125sx wrote:he´s a complete rider, no weak point for him
his starts are his weakest point, if he can nail them he'll be unbeatable

RobertPthe3rd
RobertPthe3rd

Its hard to imagine anyone beating Marquez without a huge bike advantage, no one seems to be able to touch him. He rides so much faster than anyone else and he does it seemingly effortlessly. Maybe Rossi in his prime, but even then, Marquez may have even more if needs be. I would hate to compete against him!

SectorOne

GPR-A wrote:
The way currently Marquez is riding, it's hard to see any other rider holding water against him. The guy lets the pole position go, starts slow, but gets back to the front with some mesmerizing moves. Although Honda is a great bike, but it is not just limited to Honda. Before the arrival of Marquez, Lorenzo was on his peak and suddenly he lost plot against Marquez. He has managed to dismantle Lorenzo and Rossi's revival has compounded Lorenzo's miseries. So, hard to imagine if Stoner can really challenge Marquez. That's just my thoughts.
I agree Marquez appears to be a really fast rider, good racraft as well.
But until i see a good rider on the other Honda i will forever have my doubts about just how good he is.

Its a Vettel-phenomenon for me right now. Wheres the young Aussie on the other bike?
Pedrosa just does not cut it.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SectorOne wrote:
GPR-A wrote:
I agree Marquez appears to be a really fast rider, good racraft as well.
But until i see a good rider on the other Honda i will forever have my doubts about just how good he is.

Its a Vettel-phenomenon for me right now. Wheres the young Aussie on the other bike?
Pedrosa just does not cut it.
Same, I like to see great riders/drivers against one another. Even if Stoner comes back though I really don't think he will be on the pace. He has been away too long imo, and the comparison wouldn't be valid.

Having said that though, I get the impression that MM is the real deal, it doesn't seem to matter what the bike wants to do, MM still directs it forward, and is still setting new lap records. This is unlike Vettel who wasn't fast when the car wasn't right for him, and I was sure was flattered by Webber later proven by Ricciardo.

SectorOne

The Vettel comparison wasn´t 100%, just that you can have a person in isolation on the best bike and nobody will really know how good he is because his teammate is a guy that everyone and their mother would beat for the championship.

I have no doubts he´s an amazing driver, question is how good exactly?

Shrieker

I fell asleep on Sunday and watched the race last night. Turns out i wasn't going to miss much...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:nobody will really know how good he is because his teammate is a guy that everyone and their mother would beat for the championship.
Sorry but had to downvote this. You can´t seriously say that about a triple World Champion.....

And Pedrosa has never been one of my favourite riders, but comparing him with Webber was simply absurd

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote:
SectorOne wrote:nobody will really know how good he is because his teammate is a guy that everyone and their mother would beat for the championship.
Sorry but had to downvote this. You can´t seriously say that about a triple World Champion.....

And Pedrosa has never been one of my favourite riders, but comparing him with Webber was simply absurd
Who has Pedrosa beaten in MotoGP?
How many chamionships has Pedrosa on a MotoGP bike?

His championships all came in the two lower formulas 10,11 and 12 years ago.
He's the definition of a Webber in MotoGP.

Shrieker

Oh god, hell no. You've got it wrong...

He fought with injuries in every season he was about to embark on a championship challenge.

He finally got everything together and cornered Stoner of all people (which was mighty impressive) in 2012, only to be denied by a stupid front brake caliper issue and a berserk Bautista at Misano.

To say that he's the Webber of motogp isn't fair at all. Webber never beat anyone the caliber of Hamilton or Alonso in the same car fair and square over a season only to be denied the title by a mishap outside of his control. It'll be a HUGE shame if Dani is forced to retire without a premier class title.

ps: I'm not a fan of his.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SectorOne

Always something innit. Fact is he´s had a plethora of world championship bikes and he´s taken zero of these titles since 2006.

He will retire without a title, as the track record already suggests, injuries or no injuries.

Shrieker

Still, the fact remains he beat Stoner fair and square in 2012, which is comparable to Webber beating Alonso or Hamilton in the same car.
-Atatürk