Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
SectorOne

Re: Force India VJM08 Speculation Thread

Car looks really nice, RB cannons in the back, very little ventilation area and just generally looks very tidy.
michaelclarke wrote:There's something at the back that looks suspiciously like a lower beam wing, has it been un-banned? Need some more pictures I think.
That´s a beam wing alright, question is why?

Edit: there also seems to be some kind of winglet just above the front brake intakes.
Last edited by SectorOne on 21 Jan 2015, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

FrukostScones

Nice Franken car and not VJM08 ( beam wing ! :mrgreen: ) FINDIA does a Lotus: Nice one!
Livery is apart from the nose not very good, another grey silver car BLAND!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

PlatinumZealot

Looks so much like Mclaren. I like it. The car looks seriously fast with that livery!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

turbof1

@SectorOne: Showcasing. They put whatever parts they can find together for such events. They probably had a pre 2014 rear wing around which they could fit.

I also doubt that's the 2014 chassis.

Edit: it does seem to be the 2014 chassis.
#AeroFrodo

michaelclarke

SectorOne wrote:Car looks really nice, RB cannons in the back, very little ventilation area and just generally looks very tidy.
michaelclarke wrote:There's something at the back that looks suspiciously like a lower beam wing, has it been un-banned? Need some more pictures I think.

http://f1tcdn.net/gallery/var/fullsizes ... 21ja03.jpg
Maybe it's just put together with a pre 2014 wing for the release. I secretly hope they found a massive loophole.
“Keep learning, you’ll never know everything… Never think you’re the best, because you probably aren’t. And always strive to be the best; that is working hard and keep learning.” – Jensen Button.

michaelclarke

turbof1 wrote:@SectorOne: Showcasing. They put whatever parts they can find together for such events. They probably had a pre 2014 rear wing around which they could fit.

Was thinking that too. Although I hope they found a magic loophole.
“Keep learning, you’ll never know everything… Never think you’re the best, because you probably aren’t. And always strive to be the best; that is working hard and keep learning.” – Jensen Button.

atlantis
atlantis

Marussia-like nose, looks interesting

SectorOne

Not even the 2014 car was fitted with a beam wing but i guess as Turbo said, they just pick some parts off the shelf and stick it on for looks.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Racer X

SectorOne wrote:Car looks really nice, RB cannons in the back, very little ventilation area and just generally looks very tidy.

http://f1tcdn.net/gallery/var/fullsizes ... 21ja03.jpg

Edit: there also seems to be some kind of winglet just above the front brake intakes.

Maybe they just dressed up an old Force India car they had laying around with different parts just to show the livery after all Force India did say this was a livery presentation and so looking too much into this car might be a waste of time aside from the nose i think the Williams and this Nose pretty much give us an idea as to what everyone else might do.. But last i heard FI was holding back the actual launch of the car till Barcelona..

EDIT: Also maybe the silver in the car comes as a tribute in gratitude to Mercedez for having given them such a great engine that is makes them fit into the TOP 5-6 teams just by having that engine which gives them the chance to fight for podiums like Ferrari or McLaren or RedBull in the past..
Last edited by Racer X on 21 Jan 2015, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

michaelclarke wrote:
turbof1 wrote:@SectorOne: Showcasing. They put whatever parts they can find together for such events. They probably had a pre 2014 rear wing around which they could fit.

Was thinking that too. Although I hope they found a magic loophole.
Maybe they just forgot you're not allowed them... :wink:

Like the nose, if we get more of those this year it'll be a marked improvement on last year.

atlantis
atlantis

Isn't the rear wing a 2013 type?

Polemik
Polemik

Sorry guys, but the new Williams FW37 looks much better than this ForceIndia VJM08 ! :roll:

astracrazy
astracrazy

@michaelclarke @Polemik
It's not the 2015 car, its just a livery launch. The 15 car won't be seen till barcelona i think it was (see previous pages of this very thread)- its been delayed.

the only 2015 thing on this car is the nose, and even that could just be an early version

There is no loop hole for the beam wing, its most likely a 2013 spec wing (for some reason). And even if there was, they wouldn't show it off to the world at a livery launch.

Its the 2014 car (this pic is from bahrain bare in mind for some changes):

michaelclarke

Going by last year's nose trends, and if you showed me the WIlliams and FI noses without livery, I would have swapped them round.

FI last year had a more extreme/literal interpretation of the rules, with Williams going for a more organic/less extreme solution. Looks like the tables have turned this year.

The nose does look 2014 Marussia-like. I wonder why no one's combined the appendage with the keel or pelican nose concepts. Maybe they have and haven't showed us yet.
Last edited by michaelclarke on 21 Jan 2015, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.

michaelclarke

astracrazy wrote:@michaelclarke @Polemik
It's not the 2015 car, its just a livery launch. The 15 car won't be seen till barcelona i think it was (see previous pages of this very thread)- its been delayed.

the only 2015 thing on this car is the nose, and even that could just be an early version

There is no loop hole for the beam wing, its most likely a 2013 spec wing (for some reason). And even if there was, they wouldn't show it off to the world at a livery launch.

Its the 2014 car (this pic is from bahrain bare in mind for some changes):
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... 2014-3.jpg
They just got me so excited! It's what a few months away does to me..