Williams FW37 Mercedes Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Nickel
Nickel

Re: Williams FW37 Mercedes Speculation Thread

It was briefly discussed in the sponsorship thread that petrobras were stepping back from williams because they could not match petronas fuel and therefore could not continue to sponsor the williams team. If true, who will provide them their fuel? I wonder how much of a difference the slightly inferior fuel was worth...

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Nickel wrote:It was briefly discussed in the sponsorship thread that petrobras were stepping back from williams because they could not match petronas fuel and therefore could not continue to sponsor the williams team. If true, who will provide them their fuel? I wonder how much of a difference the slightly inferior fuel was worth...
petronas! It is the only supplier homologated by Mercedes.

dmjunqueira

Nickel wrote:It was briefly discussed in the sponsorship thread that petrobras were stepping back from williams because they could not match petronas fuel and therefore could not continue to sponsor the williams team. If true, who will provide them their fuel? I wonder how much of a difference the slightly inferior fuel was worth...
The 2014 fuel supplier for all Mercedes powered cars was PetroNas and, as the rumors suggest, it will continue to be the only supplier for 2015.
There was a planning to replace PetroNas by PetroBRas in 2015 (for Williams only, because Petrobras was or is sponsoring the team) but, as already mentioned, it didn't worked out.

torpor
torpor

McLaren Mercedes used Esso fuel and Mobil 1 lubrication in 2014.

All other Mercedes Teams used Petronas fuel and lubrication.

Morteza

torpor wrote:McLaren Mercedes used Esso fuel and Mobil 1 lubrication in 2014.

Force India also used the same fuel and oil as McLaren if I'm not mistaken.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

torpor
torpor

Same Fuel, Roshfrans Lubricants

SectorOne

Morteza wrote:

So Williams with Petrobras sponsorship ran with Petronas fuel?
I guess Petrobras is not a partner in that sense.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Sevach
Sevach

SectorOne wrote:
Morteza wrote:

So Williams with Petrobras sponsorship ran with Petronas fuel?
I guess Petrobras is not a partner in that sense.
The partnership was finalized too close to the season and Petrobras didn't have the time to make a suitable fuel, so they always intended to run Petronas in year 1.

Running Petronas in year 2 however is a failing on Petrobras end, they always said here in Brazil that they would make their own fuel next year.

triptube
triptube

The statement of Sevach true. Petrobras wanted to make 2015 a completely new lubricants and fuels that should generate more power then, and reduced fuel consumption. Which, of course Williams would be enough to advantage.

Racer X

Force India uses perhaps the same fuel but they used ROSHFRANS for Lubrication. They are a Mexican Brand..
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Facts Only
Facts Only

FIF1 used Petronas fuel in 2014, only Mclaren didn't and it was one of the things that hampered them.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

kooleracer
kooleracer

So Williams will use Petronas or Petrobras for 2015?
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

ringo

The whole fuel branding is just marketting. It's very easy for Petrobras to do a deal with Petronas to simply daim that the fuel used is Petrobras. It's more a matter of synergies as to why Petrobras doesn't get the honour of slapping their name over the car and claiming the fuel as theirs.
We see the same slap dash marketing with Redbull infinit. Not one nut on the car has anything to do with Nissan or Infinit, but it makes marketing sense. So i think it's something that can be worked out between Petronas and Petrobras.
For Sure!!

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Blackout

Nice renders based on the Fw-36 and the 2015 rules
http://getwrightonit.com/2015-williams- ... ic-livery/