Drive of The Day goes to...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

I really think it's Nico Rosberg too! I read an interview with him couple of weeks ago in a Dutch f1 magazine and I really really didn't like him. A 20-year old that still needed to prove himself had no respect for older and more experienced f1 drivers in the interview... I really looked at him as a rich spoiled brat.
But after seeing him Sunday, I have to say, that boy has got real talent!

Of course Alonso had very good race too!

Spencifer_Murphy

Its hard to call:

Obviously Michael did a good job, Ferrari are back on from and he pushed Fernando hard.

Speaking of Fernando, he did an excellent job, not just quick, but he put in some real performance where it counted, on the in and out laps, on those laps between his & MS' pitstops...and he did well considering his lack of luck with the pitstops.

Kimi also did a great job, pulling the car through the field and doing a great damage limitaion job by picking up some valuable pionts.

And finally Nico Rosberg did fantastically for his debeut. A few little hiccups but he did very well to make up for that and put in some exceptional lap times.

Drive of the day, for me, goes to Fernando, once again he kept Schu behind him, turning up th heat where it matters, and held his line well and aggressively at the first corner against Michael, when he came out of his final pitstop.

Nico would have got it, if it wasn't for those "hiccups" i mentioned. Rookie or not, if you make mistakes like that you dont get drive of the day, but if its any consilation he gets 2nd place in my books.

If we was to talk about "Performance of the Day" then I'd have to say none of the drivers deserve it....The whole Renault pit crew do! :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Tom

I don't recall any mager incidents during the race, bar the first corner, for Nico to be pulled up on, but I think Alonso should share the medal with his crew.

Great job guys.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Spencifer_Murphy

Nico spun....nothing major no...but still a mistake....quite a costly one too as he lost a few places.

I'm not saying it like its a major thing....just tht its one little imperfection against Alonso's perfect race therefore he cant get drive of the day in my eyes.

Thats all :P ...I still rate the guy really highly though :D
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

ketanpaul

Nico rosberg without a doubt. A rookie in his first race setting the fastest lap? that is tryly brilliant. and that overtaking move with DC required balls. watchout for the next multiple title winner!!!

RH1300S
RH1300S

Not sure if this is quite the right thread, but I just been looking at the race lap times on autosport's site.

At the start of the race JB/FA/MS were trading fastest laps - mid race JB seemed to fade off a bit (maybe that's his problem?) - the Rosberg was fastest lap or trading fastest towards the end of the race and JB perked up again. Of course MS & FA were there abouts for the whole race, which is what they always do. Kimi's times were up there, but I guess he had traffic stopping him showing as often.

So, young Nico didn't just take fastest lap, he also was lapping faster than anyone for a good chunk of the race.

Forgot to look at Webbo's times.........

jgredline

RH1300S wrote:Not sure if this is quite the right thread, but I just been looking at the race lap times on autosport's site.

At the start of the race JB/FA/MS were trading fastest laps - mid race JB seemed to fade off a bit (maybe that's his problem?) - the Rosberg was fastest lap or trading fastest towards the end of the race and JB perked up again. Of course MS & FA were there abouts for the whole race, which is what they always do. Kimi's times were up there, but I guess he had traffic stopping him showing as often.

So, young Nico didn't just take fastest lap, he also was lapping faster than anyone for a good chunk of the race.

Forgot to look at Webbo's times.........
Would it possible for you to copy and paste that info? :)
To finish first, first you must finish.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

http://www.autosport.com/ would like you to log in or subscribe to access this information. I would suggest you do that in order to respect their web site.