Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

A "fresh" quote from Arai;

"Our team should keep making the effort to get the win in the second half of the season and next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... 0awareness
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

majki2111

ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:A "fresh" quote from Arai;

"Our team should keep making the effort to get the win in the second half of the season and next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... 0awareness
How he thinks that is still possible??? I mean, look at the problems and resaults... I don't have a clue.

Tauri_J
Tauri_J

Because they know this engine has massive potential

Thunder

Seems to be at least not disastrous... ^^
https://twitter.com/HondaRacingF1/statu ... 0856350720
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

KingHamilton01

4) Alonso, McLaren, 45 laps, 1:10.718, This seem's very competitive, Faster than his qualy lap!
McLaren Mercedes

mikeerfol

104 laps today, 2 days in a row without mechanical problems =D> =D>

DiogoBrand

Tauri_J wrote:Because they know this engine has massive potential
Because they think this engine has massive potential

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

DiogoBrand wrote:
It's not because you think that, that they think that. They know a lot more than you do, and most certainly than you think they do. Now, let's think about that :wink:

DiogoBrand

Jef Patat wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:
It's not because you think that, that they think that. They know a lot more than you do, and most certainly than you think they do. Now, let's think about that :wink:
But still don't know enough to make a decent PU yet, as it seems.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Thinks are not as black-white as you present them. I hear a lot of people bashing when things go wrong, I hear very little positive after two normal testing days.

DiogoBrand

Jef Patat wrote:Thinks are not as black-white as you present them. I hear a lot of people bashing when things go wrong, I hear very little positive after two normal testing days.
If I recall correctly, they managed more than 160 laps in Spain last month, but as you can tell by the result it didn't mean much.
You'll see positive comments when positive results start happening, before that you'll continue to see lots of bashing.

Andres125sx

Fans can´t wait, and that will never change

It doesn´t matter if it´s a new project with a new engine from a new manufacturer, who had prevented us from poor results in the first middle of the season

Even if we don´t have a clue about their program/schedule, we fans always ask for results now, even in this sort of scenario #-o

Are the results frustrating? Yes

Does it have any relevance considering we´re still in the first half of the first season? No

Be patient, and please take into account I´m writing this to convice myself too :roll: :lol:

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

True, 66 and 100 to be exact. This time 77 and 104, very similar and back then sounds were positive, 'they desperately needed that data', ...

People were complaining when Merc focussed on the next season a couple of years ago, now those same people are complaining Merc is too dominant. The (lack of) results is frustrating, but it's too early to evaluate. And certainly to say 'they think the engine has potential'. If next year fails your crystal ball is correct.

Miguel
Miguel

My impression is that part of the issues McLaren Honda are having are partly due to not testing extensively in a mule last year [1] and partly because the freeze rules possibly favour an unreliable engine on the long term. I mean, if you aren't going to win in 2015 anyway, and you really are in this for the long run, why not sacrifice half a season in order to use the reliability extensions to get the PU right?

Of course, this doesn't mean they've done a fantastic job, at least not right now.

[1] Not testing the engine on a mule was a gentlemen's agreement with: a team that runs 4 cars, another that spent oodles of money to get the engines right and a certain italian team that desperately wants testing back) and all of them having the benefit of a year's experience. I hope Honda got anything out of there other than warm fuzzy feelings
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

DiogoBrand

Jef Patat wrote:True, 66 and 100 to be exact. This time 77 and 104, very similar and back then sounds were positive, 'they desperately needed that data', ...

People were complaining when Merc focussed on the next season a couple of years ago, now those same people are complaining Merc is too dominant. The (lack of) results is frustrating, but it's too early to evaluate. And certainly to say 'they think the engine has potential'. If next year fails your crystal ball is correct.
Failing next year won't mean I'm right. I never said it doesn't have potential, what I'm saying is that if there is potential to win, not even Honda can know for sure.