Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Edax
Edax

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Andres125sx wrote:Fans can´t wait, and that will never change

It doesn´t matter if it´s a new project with a new engine from a new manufacturer, who had prevented us from poor results in the first middle of the season
Even if we don´t have a clue about their program/schedule, we fans always ask for results now, even in this sort of scenario #-o

Are the results frustrating? Yes

Does it have any relevance considering we´re still in the first half of the first season? No
Fans are impatient yes. But not half as impatient as sponsors and bookkeepers and at least fans are moderately loyal. The Mclaren company as a whole has a 250meur turnover,only half of that is coming from their product side. They need sponsors, sales and they need column 2 money to keep the show going. They need results.

Let's not sugarcoat it Mclaren is on track to set its worst result since 1968. In their existence switched engine manufacturers 9 times. This is the first time that they did not achieve a top 6 finish in the first 3 races.

This is a horrible engine introduction, worse than the Peugeot adventure of Mclaren in 1994 or the Williams Cosworth combination of 2006. And these engine manufacturers were ditched after one year.

If they get a good customer engine then their engineering should be able to build a top 4 car with a change of getting podiums. But they would have to decide soon to get the design going.

If they stick with Honda then they are stuck with it for another year and if current results persists it may put the whole company in danger. That's a pretty big risk to take.

I would be much more comfortable if the car would have only shown one competitive lap. Even if it would explode in a ball of fire after the finish at least it would have shown the potential.

windwaves
windwaves

Edax wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:Fans can´t wait, and that will never change

It doesn´t matter if it´s a new project with a new engine from a new manufacturer, who had prevented us from poor results in the first middle of the season
Even if we don´t have a clue about their program/schedule, we fans always ask for results now, even in this sort of scenario #-o

Are the results frustrating? Yes

Does it have any relevance considering we´re still in the first half of the first season? No
Fans are impatient yes. But not half as impatient as sponsors and bookkeepers and at least fans are moderately loyal. The Mclaren company as a whole has a 250meur turnover,only half of that is coming from their product side. They need sponsors, sales and they need column 2 money to keep the show going. They need results.

Let's not sugarcoat it Mclaren is on track to set its worst result since 1968. In their existence switched engine manufacturers 9 times. This is the first time that they did not achieve a top 6 finish in the first 3 races.

This is a horrible engine introduction, worse than the Peugeot adventure of Mclaren in 1994 or the Williams Cosworth combination of 2006. And these engine manufacturers were ditched after one year.

If they get a good customer engine then their engineering should be able to build a top 4 car with a change of getting podiums. But they would have to decide soon to get the design going.

If they stick with Honda then they are stuck with it for another year and if current results persists it may put the whole company in danger. That's a pretty big risk to take.

I would be much more comfortable if the car would have only shown one competitive lap. Even if it would explode in a ball of fire after the finish at least it would have shown the potential.
good to see an intelligent post from time to time in this thread. Thanks so much dude.

I totally agree: I wish we had seen one, I mean ONE, bloody decently competitive lap from this POS. You are vastly right.

McG

Hopefully by the end of the season they will show some potential. But as of Austria there has been nothing to show that Honda has made any improvements or has potential. I don't listen to any of the PR stuff at all now. Yeah it's usually a lot of rubbish anyway but all that is coming from Honda and McLaren and the drivers is complete fantasy, nothing constructive at all.
F1 is dead.

DiogoBrand

McG wrote:Hopefully by the end of the season they will show some potential. But as of Austria there has been nothing to show that Honda has made any improvements or has potential. I don't listen to any of the PR stuff at all now. Yeah it's usually a lot of rubbish anyway but all that is coming from Honda and McLaren and the drivers is complete fantasy, nothing constructive at all.
If there's something we can learn from this new partership between McLaren and Honda is that beyond all the optimistic talk, all that matters are results. I wonder what goes through Alonso's head, I just can't believe he really means all of those positive comments.

Thunder

Well that were 2 good Days in a row. Nice for a change. :D

I just hope they got all the Data they needed and keep pushing to get this Project going where McLaren and Honda want it to be.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

windwaves:
good to see an intelligent post from time to time in this thread. Thanks so much dude.

I totally agree: I wish we had seen one, I mean ONE, bloody decently competitive lap from this POS. You are vastly right.
How about a split strategy ? FA goes flat out and race at full power while JB takes the more conservative route

They can also alternate if points is possible like Hungary (points is money) :wink:

RicME85

An all guns blazing approach on Saturday would be good, just show what the car can do in qualifying with everything turned up, if it cant race, oh well, at least people will know there is potential

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

RicME85 wrote:An all guns blazing approach on Saturday would be good, just show what the car can do in qualifying with everything turned up, if it cant race, oh well, at least people will know there is potential
Can't tell if you're joking or not, if so, good joke, if not, well, bad joke.

windwaves
windwaves

DiogoBrand wrote:
McG wrote:Hopefully by the end of the season they will show some potential. But as of Austria there has been nothing to show that Honda has made any improvements or has potential. I don't listen to any of the PR stuff at all now. Yeah it's usually a lot of rubbish anyway but all that is coming from Honda and McLaren and the drivers is complete fantasy, nothing constructive at all.
If there's something we can learn from this new partership between McLaren and Honda is that beyond all the optimistic talk, all that matters are results. I wonder what goes through Alonso's head, I just can't believe he really means all of those positive comments.
he does not. He is smart, knew all along there were risks associated with his move even though I don't think - as I said before - that him or anyone could possibly imagine this level of disaster.

McG

I'm wondering if the team also pretty much lie to their drivers like they do to us. Like inter team PR. Can't imagine Button wanted to drive a car like this. Surely Dennis knew it was going to be like this.
F1 is dead.

f1universe
f1universe

McG wrote:I'm wondering if the team also pretty much lie to their drivers like they do to us. Like inter team PR. Can't imagine Button wanted to drive a car like this. Surely Dennis knew it was going to be like this.
Bullier said no long ago they are honest with their drivers. It makes no sense to lie to them, imagine if they lie to Alonso and he finds out, he will burn Woking :lol:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

f1universe wrote:
McG wrote:I'm wondering if the team also pretty much lie to their drivers like they do to us. Like inter team PR. Can't imagine Button wanted to drive a car like this. Surely Dennis knew it was going to be like this.
Bullier said no long ago they are honest with their drivers. It makes no sense to lie to them, imagine if they lie to Alonso and he finds out, he will burn Woking :lol:
i can recall some certain lie-gate scandals within Mclaren,
not to forget spygate scandals.

it would not be impossible to grasp.
whether it would actually happen is a second.

Either way I think both Button and Alonso were aware of the more or less 'lost year' they'll be facing this season,
though i have my serious doubts whether they pathomed the severity of those words in advance. Seems like it's
quite a bag worse than expected. I'm sure Honda is keeping silent about their motorsport engineers being on the
verge of committing harikiri after seeing the results of their multi-million-dollar efforts.

Something that does strike me is that Jenson, last year, notably stated he is done driving at the midfield and only
wants to compete if he is able to: compete for the win - i remember that Bahrain hotel interview with Sky well.
Alonso also was all smiles and pretty confident of his possibilities and his move to Mclaren.

Reality check though, Button is visibly disappointed and a bit 'wore down' on where he finishes with this brick,
and quite frankly, Alonso seems to be on 'repeat' mode every interview with the blue reflective sunglasses and the
standard [fake] smile and pr dodges.

Does Ron even give a sh*t anymore? I'm not even aware how the team speaks anymore, as everytime i see Bouillier
i just skip past the interview.

Any particular changes coming up?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Andres125sx

Manoah2u wrote: Alonso also was all smiles and pretty confident of his possibilities and his move to Mclaren.
...for next season, he always said it was a long term project and 2015 season will be difficult, even before the pre-season testing.

He probably is the first to be dissapointed by the perfomance and reliability, but this first half of the season is useless even if their perfomance would have been much better, so it doesn´t matter if they´re 8th or 18th.

It´s on last third of the season when we can start making some conclusions, at this point it´s useless. Imagine if all this problems makes them solve all the problems in the PU and in last third they´re fighting with Williams... then our view about the start of the season will change drastically. We´ll say they made it great to find all the problems in first half of the season

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Andres125sx wrote:We´ll say they made it great to find all the problems in first half of the season
We'll say that indeed, but there will still be people nagging that they should have done a better job and not loose that much time in the beginning of the season, that way they could have been fighting Williams earlier on and who knows, maybe beat Ferrari? It's just the way the world goes round and round again.

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
Any particular changes coming up?
The biggest change has been to run two days in a row without any problem. If they can keep this momentum thing coulud start to improve rapidly.