Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
a1b2i3r45

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Andres125sx wrote:
a1b2i3r45 wrote:
Thunders wrote:They should stop developing new Parts from now on. In Austria Fernando got thew Package and gets kicked out in Lap 1, now the same with Button. :wtf:

But at least Fernando finished the Race today and even scored a Point. =D>

I am really surprised Alonsos Car survived the Crash with Button, their Front suspension must be made for a Tank. ^^

http://giant.gfycat.com/JadedUnconsciousFossa.gif
It seems alonso almost T-boned button. Did he make too much steering correction or was it because of the impact on the left rear with one of the (I assume) Lotus?
I think he didn´t touch any Lotus, but when he saw their accident he was in the middle of the corner, so any correction, or simply releasing the throttle, caused an oversteer that sent him against his team mate. Really bad luck, specially for Button :x
Look closely, the car to the left of Alonso (Lotus or not) jumped, probably because both of their rear tyres made contact.

Andres125sx

No, both Lotus crash in front of him so he hit the brakes (white smoke) and his car oversteer

a1b2i3r45

Andres125sx wrote:No, both Lotus crash in front of him so he hit the brakes (white smoke) and his car oversteer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyoAKl8k5Vw
yeah, you are right. He lost it under braking.

Vasconia

Well, this is what happens when you start the race in the back of the pack.

At least Alonso´s car showed some reliability and he even got a point!. At least there were more than 50 laps when they collected a lot of valuable data. Its a pity that Button was out so soon.

Should we expect a better performance in Hungay? a quite slow track, even with this pathetic PU they should be stronger.

max_speed
max_speed

Vasconia wrote:Well, this is what happens when you start the race in the back of the pack.

At least Alonso´s car showed some reliability and he even got a point!. At least there were more than 50 laps when they collected a lot of valuable data. Its a pity that Button was out so soon.

Should we expect a better performance in Hungay? a quite slow track, even with this pathetic PU they should be stronger.
i don't think so , alonso said in an interview that people who are bored off watching mclaren low in list should dial in suzuka for things to change. problem is "japanese" it has been 4+ months since season started and their engine i guess is still in australia quali mode. alonso drove brilliantly he went for inters before raikonen and saved the tyres till end ( may be low power output from honda) did help him to secure else he would have destroyed his inters way too fast. this point goes to honda PU for sure.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Many congratulations to Alonso for his first point of the season. I hope this performance carries on for the rest of the season.

Andres125sx

He said a new PU with a lot more power will be introduced soon, also that they´ve passed the worst part of the seasson.

Next race they will use an old PU yet, but in Hungary the PU is not that important and the car is good at low speed corners, so they probably will be more competitive.

Well that´s easy, Alonso scored a point but he only beated the Manors and one Sauber... wich actually would have passed him if the race is 3 laps longer :roll: #-o

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:He said a new PU with a lot more power will be introduced soon, also that they´ve passed the worst part of the seasson.
I hope this is true but I havent see this information anywhere. Its time for Honda to bring a serious update of the PU.

bauc

Vasconia wrote: Should we expect a better performance in Hungay? a quite slow track, even with this pathetic PU they should be stronger.
Well Hungaroring is more like Monaco so maybe we can have another top 10 finish ...It will all depend of the Qualy laps
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

GoranF1
GoranF1

Andres125sx wrote:He said a new PU with a lot more power will be introduced soon,
who,where,when and link?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

vantage87
vantage87

McLaren-Honda in trouble. When improvement? (from http://www.cyrkf1.pl)

Honda's problems are frustrating and probably no one expected that it will take so much. And far from finished. At the beginning of the season as the race developed systematically to go back some time back. A series of failures torpedoed efforts Honda. They came back with some settings to those of the beginning of the season. Mercedes power deficit surely now exceeds 100 hp - an abyss. There is no chance for any fight with any of the car on the track.

The maximum speed of eligibility confirm this thesis. McLaren is the slowest and lose up to 20 km / h. Faster cars are even Manora with last year's Ferrari engine. In previous races this deficit was smaller, in the range 12-15 km / h.

The maximum speed Silverstone 2015 According to Auto Motor und Sport on the basis of interviews with engineers team, as many as two seconds on one lap, costing them at Silverstone Honda engine power shortage. Sam car is weaker than the Mercedes by about 0.5 seconds. The rest of the deficit comes from the tires, which by the fact that the car is slower are not properly warmed up. Fernando Alonso lost today in qualifying 2.7 seconds to Lewis Hamilton. Eric Boullier said that the engine at Silverstone is costing them a lot more than 50% of losses. So suggestions Amuse they are not far from the truth.

Just a few weeks ago it was estimated that the car and the engine about half responsible for the gap to the leaders. Since then, the car has clearly improved, and the loss remained unchanged. Honda uses a very conservative settings at Silverstone, forced them to do a series of failures. Currently they are waiting for changes in the rules on the penalties for extra-curricular engines. It may be that manages to be entered before the race in Hungary, and not certainly against Belgium. This means one additional set of elements of the drive unit without penalty and for each subsequent additional elements maximum shift at the end of the rate.

At Silverstone Team drivers use the old engines: one with Bahrain and the other from Spain. Which they have had already a lot of kilometers and their strength and reliability are at the highest level. Therefore, they use them very carefully: reduced power and number of runs in training. Drivers do not work out the best settings for it. And work on the development of the car are very slow. Even in Saturday's workout we tested new components of the car. New engines, founded tactically in Austria is still undergoing review and it is uncertain whether they will be able to revive (one suffered in a collision with Raikkonen and the other had a failure).

Honda is preparing amendments to give more power. The Japanese are still very confident that this package will give a good performance again this season, in the second part. Do you remember for sure the information from the beginning of the year that the theoretical performance of this engine is very large, but not used because of the failure rate. You definitely have a lot of store. They plan to use the last seven tokens (vouchers) quickly. Perhaps you've Hungary will take effect if the previously mentioned changes in the regulations, as it is not in Belgium. Improved want to turbo combustion engine alone.

ojlopez
ojlopez

a1b2i3r45 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:No, both Lotus crash in front of him so he hit the brakes (white smoke) and his car oversteer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyoAKl8k5Vw
yeah, you are right. He lost it under braking.
Agree with you. But at least they know their front suspension is tough.

zeph
zeph

While we mostly complain about the Honda PU here, Eddie Jordan reckons McLaren is just as much part of the problem:
"You can say Honda is a mess. But so are McLaren. They have been a shadow of their former selves since they arrogantly stated that Lewis Hamilton would rue the day he left McLaren. Look how that has rebounded on them.

"That arrogance is still there at the top of McLaren. They are hopelessly off the pace and anyone who thinks it is just the engine is deluding themselves. The engine is a lot of it, but there are lots of other issues there.

"I personally think the day McLaren started building road cars was the day they took their eye off the ball in F1, and I will be surprised if they ever come close to winning titles again while that road car programme is still going and while the current management structure is in place.

"McLaren boss Ron Dennis sacked ex-team principal Martin Whitmarsh. But Whitmarsh never did the job of running that team as badly as Dennis is doing it now."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/33329345

SunsAnvil
SunsAnvil

Ah yes, EJ... The man is renowned for his team management skills and string of successes in F1!

windwaves
windwaves

SunsAnvil wrote:Ah yes, EJ... The man is renowned for his team management skills and string of successes in F1!
I do not like the man but I really have a hard time disagreeing with him on those things. Some of the facts he states btw are just facts and history, others just intuition with which I tend to concur.