Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

Manoah2u wrote: if he'd read your reply, yes indeed, he'd be hahahaha-ing with tears of laughter.

It just fits too good. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Thunders wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: if he'd read your reply, yes indeed, he'd be hahahaha-ing with tears of laughter.

It just fits too good. :D
http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editori ... 789432.jpg
win of the day
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

windwaves
windwaves

too bad that pix was taken before testing showed how far they are from a normal functioning vehicle.

Of course they all think of RB last year. Well, nothing wrong with hoping of course.

But guys, no dreaming please, things are looking bad for McL, really bad. I had better expectations than that it is for sure.

And for sure Vettel and Kimi and the Ferrari team, those dudes yes of course, they are laughing out loud ...

And that is round 1.

Keeping fingers crossed for round 2, but McL needs to catch up

Andres125sx

windwaves wrote:I disagree.

We can certainly say the package is a disaster, I think that is pretty clear.
Take a look Ron, this is what some people say about our very first test....

Andres125sx

windwaves wrote: And for sure Vettel and Kimi and the Ferrari team, those dudes yes of course, they are laughing out loud ...
Kimi was the fastest on day 1 of 2014 pre-season, and he was 12th in the WDC after last GP of 2014, if you think he cares about test 1 laptimes sorry but you´re a bit naive

horse

"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

windwaves wrote:too bad that pix was taken before testing showed how far they are from a normal functioning vehicle.

Of course they all think of RB last year. Well, nothing wrong with hoping of course.

But guys, no dreaming please, things are looking bad for McL, really bad. I had better expectations than that it is for sure.

And for sure Vettel and Kimi and the Ferrari team, those dudes yes of course, they are laughing out loud ...

And that is round 1.

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o are you really consiously trying to make yourself look like a total douche?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

windwaves
windwaves

:)

I hope so man, really.

windwaves
windwaves

Andres125sx wrote:
windwaves wrote: And for sure Vettel and Kimi and the Ferrari team, those dudes yes of course, they are laughing out loud ...
Kimi was the fastest on day 1 of 2014 pre-season, and he was 12th in the WDC after last GP of 2014, if you think he cares about test 1 laptimes sorry but you´re a bit naive
yes of course, first round of testing means what it means in terms of projecting the actual potential of the car: not so much.

Like I do every year however I just say it as it is: Test 1 was a near total disaster. No debate. Now, it does not tell me that the season is hopeless. It tells me what it is: a bad start. Lap times do not matter (to the extent they are "normal"), take a a look at Merc, but mileage does matter....

Bottom line is I am disappointed but not hopeless. I really want to see a competitive McL, with both drivers kicking some ass and I feel Honda needs to do a better job, now.

windwaves
windwaves

Manoah2u wrote:
windwaves wrote:too bad that pix was taken before testing showed how far they are from a normal functioning vehicle.

And that is round 1.

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o are you really consiously trying to make yourself look like a total douche?

dude wake up, the thing was not working and it was supposed to go around the track, do you get that ? You know what that means: turn engine on and it should stay on; put gear 1; accelerate, shift gears, turn where the track turns, keep engine running; repeat. Keep engine on.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

windwaves wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

And that is round 1.

dude wake up, the thing was not working and it was supposed to go around the track, do you get that ? You know what that means: turn engine on and it should stay on; put gear 1; accelerate, shift gears, turn where the track turns, keep engine running; repeat. Keep engine on.
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

windwaves
windwaves

Andres125sx wrote:

Take a look Ron, this is what some people say about our very first test....
http://estaticos.marca.com/imagenes/201 ... on_7_2.jpg

very first ? are you sure about that ?

windwaves
windwaves

Avocado wrote:
Avocado wrote:

yes, I am sure Alonso is ahahahahah'ing as well.
Absolutely. He knows he made the right decision.

I hope so ! I like Alonso (JB as well) and nothing would make me happier than seeing McL back on top with these drivers.

I am obviously concerned with how the tests went and the little mileage covered (precious terabytes of data that we are now missing and how do they catch up !?!) but I have great confidence in the japs. Especially, if indeed the issues are primarily electronics they will find solutions. That data gap though ....man, that worries me.

Dixo

Richard wrote:Seriously have some people forgotten that Mclaren have done more laps in this test than Red Bull last year? They were the only team to win races other than Merc last year.
And you forget that RBR was not the only team with the Renault PU last year. McLaren did only 350km with Honda PU but Renault (RBR, STR and Caterham) did almost 700. Not a same situation I guess.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

windwaves wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

And that is round 1.

Given power units are quite complex things at the best of times and McLaren Honda are learning to work together they didn't do too badly in the first test. Sure it probably wasn't what they wanted or hoped for, but I expect they'll have a better showing in the next test. As for the 2015 season ? It will most likely be one of development and tough times. I doubt anyone at McLaren or Honda expected to slap in the power unit and instantly be the quickest and most reliable car on the grid. It's a long term project, and it's but the first few steps on the path to eventually building a car to challenge for the titles. Which is probably some years off. The whole point of pre season testing is to ensure systems are working, if not, working out fixes all in time for the first race of the season. As that's where you can judge how well or badly a team has done in winter testing. I do not expect McLaren will be challenging for the titles in 2015. But what I can see is a lot of potential if things click into place over the coming years.