Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wazari

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

At least 18 billion yen YTD.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Mr Sparkle
Mr Sparkle

mclaren111 wrote:Grand Prix Times:
The partnership, despite its occasional difficulties and digs in the media, remains both strong and committed, with Honda rumoured to be providing a total of $200m-per-year to its partnership with McLaren and power-unit budget.
No wonder there is no rush to get major sponsor - If above amount is accurate :D :D
But this doesn't tell us how much funding Mclaren receives, only the total program budget. ie. it might be they are spending 190m on the engine and 10M on Mclaren etc.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Drivers press confarence key moment;

Jenson Button: big changes over the winter, which could not be made through the season,i think i will be fighting near the front if not winning races.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Phil

Sadly, as optimistic as I want to be for Button and Alonso, I just don't see this happening. They would have to be on par with not only Mercedes, but Ferrari too. And I'm assuming Williams will be adequately competitive given the strength of the Mercedes PU. Reaching engine parity is one thing; once you have that - the car itself also needs to be strong too. I think for both Ferrari and Mercedes, the next years cars will be a straightforward evolution. They know what works, they know what doesn't - they will know where to make improvements to further optimize the package. McLaren has been so far off the pace that I'm doubtful how efficient they've been able to work and figure out what needs to be done on the car side. You see; If you are struggling as much as Honda has been with the engine, you are compromising various areas. Fighting reliability issues - you make changes to the package around it to accommodate a higher tolerance level. This compromises other areas of your car.

I'd be extremely surprised if they can get into a position of even winning one race next year. I hope so, but I'm doubtful. That gap is just too big IMO to expect miracles. No doubt, I expect them to make big improvements, but I also expect Ferrari to make some too, as will Mercedes further optimize their package.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:Drivers press confarence key moment;

Jenson Button: big changes over the winter, which could not be made through the season,i think i will be fighting near the front if not winning races.
Well this is a surprising & optimistic assessment from Jenson, since he is always down to earth and pretty real about his/teams chances. So even if half of this come true I will be supper super happy.

Edit - typo
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

KingHamilton01

To be honest it wouldn't be the first time Jenson has been well wide of the mark, didn't he say they would be looking at podiums this year. Dare I say this kind of talk is to try and appease the many fan's, problem is McLaren PR machine far to well oiled and well practiced in coming up with comments like this.
McLaren Mercedes

Joseki
Joseki

Mr Sparkle wrote:
mclaren111 wrote:Grand Prix Times:
The partnership, despite its occasional difficulties and digs in the media, remains both strong and committed, with Honda rumoured to be providing a total of $200m-per-year to its partnership with McLaren and power-unit budget.
No wonder there is no rush to get major sponsor - If above amount is accurate :D :D
But this doesn't tell us how much funding Mclaren receives, only the total program budget. ie. it might be they are spending 190m on the engine and 10M on Mclaren etc.
I think they meant that Honda is developing the PU, giving it for free to McLaren and also founding them with $200m/year.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Alonso positive as well....

"We have everything, the car is responding well, aerodynamically we have the direction to go in, we are improving and I see when I am on the track how we attack the corners and how fast we are in the corners, so I am not afraid that next year's car will not be at the top level.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

bauc

GoranF1 wrote:Alonso positive as well....

"We have everything, the car is responding well, aerodynamically we have the direction to go in, we are improving and I see when I am on the track how we attack the corners and how fast we are in the corners, so I am not afraid that next year's car will not be at the top level.
He is putting more pressure on Honda to deliver in 2016 that is for sure.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

JoeE
JoeE

bauc wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:Alonso positive as well....

He is putting more pressure on Honda to deliver in 2016 that is for sure.
I had that thought as well. Hes waiting for 2016, if its a no go as well, then hes looking elsewhere. 2017, new rules and I believe the driver market will be opening up, Nico, both Ferrari men, Force India on yearly contracts, Williams also, Red Bull an unknown, Button also.

ChemNerd76
ChemNerd76

I am pretty sure Alonso is firmly under contact for 2017. I doubt he will be able to move teams.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autos ... ormula-one

max_speed
max_speed

ChemNerd76 wrote:I am pretty sure Alonso is firmly under contact for 2017. I doubt he will be able to move teams.

he will find a way. Honda is ---..wht an engine they have built , has no power, not reliable , not performing almost end of season and still reliability issues. i feel sad for him he does not deserve this.

max_speed
max_speed

i can bet honda will go no where in 2016. if they can't fix reliability in an year forget about fixing other issues in span of 3 months. Ari san is mad guy he can just talk make false promises. i think fernando should take call in winter testing its better to leave them than to destroy your talent.

Thunder

Podiums finally.... :lol:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

santos
santos

max_speed wrote:
ChemNerd76 wrote:I am pretty sure Alonso is firmly under contact for 2017. I doubt he will be able to move teams.

he will find a way. Honda is ---..wht an engine they have built , has no power, not reliable , not performing almost end of season and still reliability issues. i feel sad for him he does not deserve this.
Careful with what you say... There are people here that will downvote you because of your opinion hurts their feelings.