Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jericho

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

They won't be WC this year, so it's just important to develop the engine and car to be as good as is can get in this package. Let's see if they can win a race or take a few poles

Vasconia

max_speed wrote:
KingHamilton01 wrote:Can the team finish In melbourne, I think this is the soul aim.....?
i guess they won't finish the race.
100% agree.

I would try different strategies for both drivers. Driving one with 100% power of the engine and lets see how many laps he can last, and the other one with a more low profile engine map in order to finnish the race.

Mesteño

I'm sure they have something in the pocket. Can't believe they say "once we put things together we will be contenders" and be 3 seconds slower than Merc with worse tyres.
Some of that "new technologies" Ron Dennis spoke about in Jerez. You know, the Power of Dreams.

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

People thinking McLaren can hope for a podium in Melbourne because Red Bull did last year need a sanity check.

While Red Bull did have major issues with the PU, they were in a much stronger position organizationally - on the Red Bull side, on the Renault side, and almost definitely the working relationship between the two. Remember, they had just come off winning 4 consecutive WDC's and WCC's, so clearly the working relationship was still strong even though the PU itself had issues.

McLaren, on the other hand, have been in organizational turmoil for years, finished FIFTH in the WCC two years in a row, and are now working with a completely new PU manufacturer. Not to mention, all the other engines now have over a year of real track development in them, so they are going to perform way better in Melbourne 2015 than they did in 2014.

Finishing the race would be a victory, let alone in a points position.

Th3GoodSon

I like Vasconia's idea of two strategies. Send one out balls to the wall (Alonso?) to try and get the best time possible even if the car dies. Send the other out conservatively to try and get some OK points without trashing the car (Button?). Whilst I'd LIKE to see that they can't waste a power unit this early in the season. I know some people are upset but I've found testing was less bad then I feared. The car looks to perform well and given the reliability issues they're no slouch. Something to build on, anyway! If they can come higher in the Constructor's then last year and get both drivers higher in the Drivers, with a new engine and chassis, I will be happy!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I can be fairly clear about one thing;

There is simply NO way in life Alonso would have signed to drive with Mclaren if he wasn't guaranteed that he'd be having a damn good car for the 2015 season. He spent years of setbacks and disappointment @ Ferrari, there is no way he's leaving Ferrari to be at less of more whilst his former team makes a podium sprint.

It will not be an easy job or easy task, but there is no way Mclaren is as bad as some people are suggesting or expecting them to be @ Melbourne. Given, neither me and i don't think alonso either would expect flawless victory @ Melbourne; i'd say Alonso expected to have some early issues in the first 3 or 4 races. After that, i'm inclined to believe both parties believe they're ready to rumble.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

mikeerfol

Here's something for us all who want McLaren Honda to perform well this year

:lol:

CjC
CjC

mikeerfol wrote:Here's something for us all who want McLaren Honda to perform well this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc

:lol:
I've not clicked the video but I recognise that guitarist, would it be patience by guns n roses by any chance?
Just a fan's point of view

ojlopez
ojlopez

Vasconia wrote:
max_speed wrote:
KingHamilton01 wrote:Can the team finish In melbourne, I think this is the soul aim.....?
i guess they won't finish the race.
100% agree.

I would try different strategies for both drivers. Driving one with 100% power of the engine and lets see how many laps he can last, and the other one with a more low profile engine map in order to finnish the race.
I agree with you, it makes sense to make a real world test of the PU and score points.

I also think that nobody is showing its true performance in order to have the element of surprise in the race. Mercedes is only trying to scare the rest of the field by going pedal to the metal so everybody feels discouraged of its strength and start using tokens on development. And everyone else is going slower than the real pace so Mercedes feels confident and lowers its guard.

fernando12
fernando12

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

Mclaren Honda 2015 with Box views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL0KZObOG-o

turbof1

So this is quite depressing...

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/03/a ... australia/
In order to limit those environmental risk factors, specifically, his doctors have advised that he should not compete in the imminent Australian Grand Prix meeting, which will take place on March 13th, 14th and 15th.

Fernando has understood and accepted that advice, and the two McLaren-Honda cars will therefore be driven in Australia by Fernando’s team-mate Jenson Button and the team’s test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen.
#AeroFrodo

bauc

turbof1 wrote:So this is quite depressing...

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/03/a ... australia/
In order to limit those environmental risk factors, specifically, his doctors have advised that he should not compete in the imminent Australian Grand Prix meeting, which will take place on March 13th, 14th and 15th.

Fernando has understood and accepted that advice, and the two McLaren-Honda cars will therefore be driven in Australia by Fernando’s team-mate Jenson Button and the team’s test and reserve driver Kevin Magnussen.
Well, after everything that happened in the pre-season testing it can't get any worse than this right? So I'm expecting and hoping that Mclaren will slowly get back on track and I cheer for K-MAG to have a good race and show everyone that he deserves a seat in F1.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Thunder

Surely that's not great news but Health comes before everything else.

K-Mag isn't a bad driver at all and i don't expect the McLarens to finish the Race so it could be worse. All i expect from Macca come Melborune is a big Performance leap with a not 100% reliability. It would have been great if Fernando could help with his Input and sheer Speed but his time will come.
Last edited by Thunder on 03 Mar 2015, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

lotus7
lotus7

1- There is more to his health issue than what is made public - he may cause more damage to his health
2- He really does not want to drive that car - he may cause damage to his reputation

Richard
Richard

I hope people don't miss the bit that said:
Minimise the chances of second impact syndrome, as is normal medical procedure when treating athletes after concussions.
We've seen this in other sports where participants are told to rest after concussion.