Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

New Article from AMuS:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 00340.html

So apparently a Team Member states that the Power Honda promised is there. When that statement was made or if it was only for the ICE or the whole PU isn't stated.

And another Thing mentioned is that there was some restucturing at McLaren Honda. McLaren now writes the Software completely and Honda focuses on the Hardware (ICE/ERS).
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

McG

Renault flew off the line back then. They were also very good out of tight corners.
F1 is dead.

WaikeCU

Vasconia wrote:
lebesset wrote:the thing that worries me is the fact that , even if the car is competitive with mercedes , both button and alonso are good , but not outstanding , qualifiers whereas hamilton and rosberg seem to be in the top rank
my memories of alonso winning the WDC ar of him starting behind but the renault being exceptional at getting off the line , never understood why it was quite that good , rumours of illegal devices seem hard to believe , maybe the michelin tyres being carefully designed to the car's needs had something to do with it ...we will never know ; recent ferrari's were also quicker off the line than in the race as well !
we shall see ......hoping for more competition at the front asap
If I am not wrong Renault had a launching system, at least between 2003 and 2005, which was the best of the field. Alonso is good at doing this but sometimes Renault had a surrealistic advantange in that aspect. For example I remember Canada 2005.
I think overall speaking Alonso is one of best starters of the field. His spatial awareness and fast reactions is one of the best in the business. What makes him so special is that he has the skill to spot gaps to take different lines entering the first turn, which offers better drive off the first turn. I don't think it's because of the launch system of that Renault, that Alonso makes good starts. Give him any car that doesn't seem down on power and he'll make the most of it at the start. If Mclaren solve their PU issues, I expect Alonso to be very strong off the line as well.

Mesteño

Cmon you know what I mean :D

Richard
Richard

Let's all agree Alonso has superhuman powers (except when he's concussed ;) )

Now can we move on from the idol worship please?

Redragon

Is this Mclaren 2015, right?
Or are we lost memory and now we are on Renault 2007?

Richard
Richard

*puff*

They've gone!

podpi
podpi

AnthonyG wrote:I had to chuckle at this. :mrgreen:
Before McLaren switched to Honda power last year, Ron Dennis said it is impossible for a customer team to win the world championship. Do you agree with that?

"Well, when he was the works Mercedes team he got beaten by Brawn, didn't he? Maybe it's just difficult for him to win. Just like it's difficult for him to find title sponsors."
Source http://en.espnf1.com/williams/motorspor ... KFqwK5E.99
This comment surprised me too! Then did a lot of thinking. Why the punches? My theory:

Williams were in serious negotiations with Alonso last year and Pat Symonds would have played a role because he had a good relationship with Alonso in the past during Alonso's 2 titles. This was Williams opportunity to make their leap to the top stick. Ron, obviously with eyes set on Alonso, went to the press about it being 'impossible' for a customer team to win the world championship. A direct jab at Williams, in essence he was talking directly to Alonso. Alonso rejected Williams offer and hence the harsh reaction towards Ron - Ron is right and it was probably the key reason Alonso didn't join Williams.

Also, it could just be making Pat face reality, Williams will not win while they are a customer, and he lashed out because the truth hurts.

Vasconia

Richard wrote:*puff*

They've gone!
It must be great to feel like God when you do it. 8)

Now seriously, I agree that the discussion was a little bit out of the post. But not all the "rebel" post have been erased.

Richard
Richard

Feel like God? No way, it feels like the forum sanitation worker!

I must have been feeling benevolent yesterday, hence the request to get back on topic from my post onwards.

diffuser

Richard wrote:Feel like God? No way, it feels like the forum sanitation worker!

I must have been feeling benevolent yesterday, hence the request to get back on topic from my post onwards.

And on the 7th day god create Mclaren/Honda ...and it rained ....ops scratch hat ..it leaked!!!!!

On a more serious note, the first race weekend of 2015 has been a long time coming. I can almost see those first pics from Stefane.

Dazmacca5700
Dazmacca5700

Hondapu14 and hondapu22 may the force be with you!

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

Oh man, I can't choose, I need multiple monitors.
Thanks for sharing! =D>

PhillipM
PhillipM

podpi wrote: Also, it could just be making Pat face reality, Williams will not win while they are a customer, and he lashed out because the truth hurts.
Or Ron was present at the time and he was having a bit of friendly banter - it happens pretty often in the press interviews, team bosses taking potshots at each other for a bit of fun - problem is the media takes it and runs....