Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
raymondu999

Re: Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2015

Well the last time we had a rule change (2009) - the second year saw an unreliable Red Bull with failures left right and center (spark plug, torsion bar, brake failure, etc)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kooleracer
kooleracer

So the RB11 is 2/10 faster then the STR with the same Renault power unit. So the whole Red Bull has the greatest chassis on the planet story is a fairy tale. I'm sure Renault will now say, Mr.Horner and Mr.Marko please stop criticizing Renault and do your homework before bashing us constantly in the media. Red Bull hasn't got the right at the moment to criticize Renault because, there chassis isn't on par with Williams or Ferrari. Of course Renault hasn't done the best job on the PU, but for me its to easy to lay to total blame on Renault.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

H2H
H2H

In terms of the chassis it is far too early to tell how good it is. Last year it was at worst the second best and given their record it is doubtful that they messed up this badly. The first couple of races will give us a far clearer picture as the issues of the PU and it's ramifications make it questionable if they could get even close to their current performance potential.

The Dream Team who dominated the sport, even if with far less of a performance gap, has now broken up and it remains to be seen how they can function with a new team structure and line-up. Overall the strategic situation is obviously frustrating for I-RBR as they have practically no chance to fight for the championships for the second time in a row and without a competitive PU there is no hope to do so in the future unless the rules, the supplier or the Renault performance change.

SectorOne

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

Too early to say imo. But, unless renault can muster up something big, then sooner rather than later sh*t's gonna hit the fan between those 2 and it won't be pretty. Difference in performance between renault and mercedes/ferrari now is simply off the charts.

SectorOne

They are in a pretty peculiar spot, Red Bull.

Can´t get a Ferrari engine, even if Ferrari would provide one i doubt they would like to affiliate themselves with Ferrari.
Mercedes, same deal.
Best bet would be Honda but then again that thing looks worse then the Renault engine. And it seems Honda are reluctant to even provide a backmarker with engines.
If i was Red Bull i would literally beg BMW or VW to do a joint operation with them and build an entirely new engine.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

What baffles me is how renault have got themselves in this position. There were power deficiency complaints last year, but now there's seemingly an array of other problems present within their PU.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:They are in a pretty peculiar spot, Red Bull.

Can´t get a Ferrari engine, even if Ferrari would provide one i doubt they would like to affiliate themselves with Ferrari.
Mercedes, same deal.
Best bet would be Honda but then again that thing looks worse then the Renault engine. And it seems Honda are reluctant to even provide a backmarker with engines.
If i was Red Bull i would literally beg BMW or VW to do a joint operation with them and build an entirely new engine.
As said when the news came out that VW had been in talks to buy them, unless Red Bull are competing for championships, F1 doesn't make any sense from a marketing perspective.

Mateschitz knows as well as the rest of us that Red Bull won't be able to challenge for a title for the foreseeable future and so would like to get out if they can find someone to stump up £200m for the team.

That is going to be far easier said than done of course, but is just another reason why Bernie is so desperate for an early radical change in the regs.

SectorOne

Juzh wrote:What baffles me is how renault have got themselves in this position. There were power deficiency complaints last year, but now there's seemingly an array of other problems present within their PU.
Yea it´s not just a HP deficit that´s wrong with that engine. It could have 750 horses and still be considered a crap engine.

SectorOne

Jonnycraig wrote:F1 doesn't make any sense from a marketing perspective.
It definitely does, but only if you´re dominating the sport.

Red Bull has gotten a load of benefits from dominating F1, Ferrari got the same and now Mercedes are getting that very same marketing exposure together with all the sponsors they have partnerships with.
Jonnycraig wrote:Mateschitz knows as well as the rest of us that Red Bull won't be able to challenge for a title for the foreseeable future and so would like to get out if they can find someone to stump up £200m for the team.
Just like in the beginning then when it took 4 years to start dominating.
To cut their costs they can sell off Toro Rosso instead.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:F1 doesn't make any sense from a marketing perspective.
It definitely does, but only if you´re dominating the sport.

Red Bull has gotten a load of benefits from dominating F1, Ferrari got the same and now Mercedes are getting that very same marketing exposure together with all the sponsors they have partnerships with.
Which was exactly what I said, that you edited down for some strange reason :lol:. Red Bull aren't dominating F1 anymore though and won't be able to for quite some time so Mateschitz is in the position of having to either pump the thick end of £1bn into RB & TR over the next few years to stand still, or try to get out.
SectorOne wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Mateschitz knows as well as the rest of us that Red Bull won't be able to challenge for a title for the foreseeable future and so would like to get out if they can find someone to stump up £200m for the team.
Just like in the beginning then when it took 4 years to start dominating.
To cut their costs they can sell off Toro Rosso instead.
It's hardly a secret that Toro Rosso have been on the market for years now without finding a buyer.

How many mega wealthy people are out there looking to buy a middle of the road F1 team, let alone one like Red Bull on a €280m yearly budget, especially with the (important to state unanimously agreed) engine token system acting as a barrier to advancement.

Audi run their Endurance program on a €230m budget, so for the cost of buying Red Bull, the same mythical hyper rich racing nut could invest in WEC, on a smaller budget with no barrier to success and achieve the ultimate ego boost of winning Le Mans.

SectorOne

Jonnycraig wrote:Which was exactly what I said, that you edited down for some strange reason :lol:. Red Bull aren't dominating F1 anymore though and won't be able to for quite some time so Mateschitz is in the position of having to either pump the thick end of £1bn into RB & TR over the next few years to stand still, or try to get out.
Well "competing for championships" is a little bit different then dominating the sport for 4 years.
Ferrari competed for the championship in 2010 and 2012 but it can hardly be compared to if they had finally won one after so many years.
Jonnycraig wrote:It's hardly a secret that Toro Rosso have been on the market for years now without finding a buyer.
Not really, there was a point 5-6 years ago some articles went out about a potential sale of Toro Rosso but that was ages ago.
Jonnycraig wrote:How many mega wealthy people are out there looking to buy a middle of the road F1 team, let alone one like Red Bull on a €280m yearly budget, especially with the (important to state unanimously agreed) engine token system acting as a barrier to advancement.
Well i know of at least one that decided to go the even more expensive route and buy everything from scratch.
Last edited by SectorOne on 15 Mar 2015, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

bdr529

SectorOne wrote:
SectorOne wrote:It's hardly a secret that Toro Rosso have been on the market for years now without finding a buyer.
Not really, there was a point 5-6 years ago some articles went out about a potential sale of Toro Rosso but that was ages ago.
You Know your arguing with yourself :D
(I know you got the quotes wrong)

FoxHound

Jonnycraig wrote: Which was exactly what I said, that you edited down for some strange reason :lol:. Red Bull aren't dominating F1 anymore though and won't be able to for quite some time so Mateschitz is in the position of having to either pump the thick end of £1bn into RB & TR over the next few years to stand still, or try to get out.

It's hardly a secret that Toro Rosso have been on the market for years now without finding a buyer.

How many mega wealthy people are out there looking to buy a middle of the road F1 team, let alone one like Red Bull on a €280m yearly budget, especially with the (important to state unanimously agreed) engine token system acting as a barrier to advancement.

Why is the token system acting as a barrier? It's clearly working for Ferrari. And they have more in the pipeline too.

Re Red Bulls competitiveness. The issue for Red Bull is not the engine regs, but that Renault cannot compete currently.
Had it been the engine regs, Ferrari would not be near matching Mercedes in terms of output.
They either need to help Renault, which is what appears to be happening, or they need to find a partner in the same way McLaren did.

Finding a partner at this stage would take at least 2 seasons before anything tangible gets in the back of the Red Bull.
Audi/VW may be interested, but this has been bandied about for years now with nothing to show.
Ferrari nor Mercedes will be remotely interested in giving engines to a major competitor, but if it means Red Bull quit their public denigration of the rules and being so vocal against it....perhaps one of those will be more open to a deal.

But it does not really help the Red Bull cause to consistently blame Renault. I get the frustration, but will a future supplier be forthcoming under those circustances? When the team wins it's Newey/Aero prowess....when they lose....it's Renault.
Not at all kosher however true it may be. The spark plug saga comes to mind....And Renault were rightly peeved when the finger was pointed at them.
They developed the Exhaust blowing ability at Red Bulls behest, and the car was fast because of it...but a part failed during the ignition retardation and boom....Renault to blame.

I wonder how much of todays issues are as a result of demands placed on Renault by Red Bull. But this is very far from being the symbiotic relationship of 2010-13.
On twitter, There was a photo of Marko and Horner grilling Taffin...Alan Cooper commented that it was directly after the engine went on Ricciardo's car. It was also allegedly very heated....

I wonder if Red Bull have a back up strategy, other than the political avenue. Because if it boils down to a political struggle, I think the resurgence of Ferrari and their PU will shoot down anything Red Bull have in their defence.
And both Ferrari and Mercedes have alot of ammo being suppliers....
JET set

bdr529

I think that photo clearly shows Bernie not accepting a bribe form Renault + Red Bull, There goes plan B :D