Alsono's victory dance

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sodder
Sodder

I enjoyed it, and all of the hoopla that has come from it. Gracias Fernando...
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

miqi23
miqi23

manchild wrote:Tom, no offence intended just trying to additionally explain myself…

I think that we are continuously evoluting and therefore what one could call upon now by saying that "great Adrian Newey in the sky had intended that for us" has the same amount of certainty as when 500 years ago someone was saying that all men are not created equal, that people can own, buy, sell and kill other people, that woman can't have education, that heretics should be burned at stake etc.

What is normal to us at this right moment doesn’t mean that it will be considered normal 10 or 100 years from now. That is why I think that we shouldn’t slave to any traditions and customs without analyzing them including our “traditional” nutrition because if we act like clones of our parents and repeat things learned from them without question them and making them better than our lives won’t have any value at all.

Majority will never lead the way but that is why smart people like this forum members must dare to take risk and go beyond “normal”, “traditional” or “common”. Many problems of humanity are actually caused by societies or by groups with restricted human freedoms where majority of obedient non-thinkers choke minority of elite that should lead them to prosperity because "tradition" prevails over everything else - from political and religious dogmas all the way to what we started talking about here – the treatment of animals that share this planet together with us.

I mean, things are changing, so if we have created a planet where our nutrition requires no more killing because there are plenty crops, plants and vegetables why wouldn't we change in that area too?

I'm not the one who thinks that people should be forced to become vegetarians, no - I think that a person can truly be vegetarian if that person realizes WHY on its own, otherwise it would be hypocrite.

BTW, I find PETA's statement about Alonso totaly idiotic too.
Hey Manchild, what do you think about Darwanism?

Ciro Pabón

For all of you that need a quick introductory course on bullfighting I recommend "Death in the afternoon" by Hemingway. It worked for me. There you can find why it is important to know how to kill if you have to. http://www.litencyc.com/php/sworks.php? ... e&UID=5731

Let me quote Amazon's critic on the book:

"... with its rigorous combination of athleticism and artistry, and its requisite display of grace under pressure, ignited Hemingway's imagination. Here he describes and explains the technical aspects of this dangerous ritual and "the emotional and spiritual intensity and pure classic beauty that can be produced by a man,..."

And it goes on "... an animal and a scarlet drape" but I think it could say "a car and an asphalt ribbon". :wink:
Ciro

manchild
manchild

miqi23 wrote:Hey Manchild, what do you think about Darwanism?
Basically, I don't think that the strongest survive but the luckiest ones because if future is uncertain and if everything is happening without any plan and order than strongest can also get some bad luck and be outlived/beaten by weakest.

*I think that this is one of the greatest topic mutations in history of this forum. Good thing I didn't started it :mrgreen: *

taleed

anyone know where i can get a video of that?

manchild
manchild

miqi23
miqi23

manchild wrote:
miqi23 wrote:Hey Manchild, what do you think about Darwanism?
Basically, I don't think that the strongest survive but the luckiest ones because if future is uncertain and if everything is happening without any plan and order than strongest can also get some bad luck and be outlived/beaten by weakest.

*I think that this is one of the greatest topic mutations in history of this forum. Good thing I didn't started it :mrgreen: *
So then everything is not a coincidence after all.

manchild
manchild

miqi23 wrote:So then everything is not a coincidence after all.
I meant to say that every effort depends on luck (luck=pure coincidence). So, if there is even 0.0001% of pure coincidence than there is no superior plan after all.

miqi23
miqi23

manchild wrote:
miqi23 wrote:So then everything is not a coincidence after all.
I meant to say every effort depends on luck (luck=pure conicidence)
Luck=Destiny? Do you agree?

manchild
manchild

miqi23 wrote:Luck=Destiny? Do you agree?
no no

luck = good development of future - coincidence that goes along with desired (at least not against desired)

:wink:

Scuderia_Russ

miqi23 wrote: Luck=Destiny? Do you agree?
Neither exist IMO. One might be fortunate, but never lucky.

Ciro Pabón

What about Lucky Luke? :D
Ciro

Tom

I agree with Scuderia_Russ.

You are only lucky if you do something right.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

If you walk down the street and find large paper bill on the sidewalk than you're lucky without actually doing anything right.

Sawtooth-spike

you walked down the street, which is right. (Kinda)
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!