McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Redragon

Re: McLaren MP4-30 Pre-launch Speculation

Thunders wrote:Then please when you make general statements don't use quotes.
yep my fault on that one

Richard
Richard

There are two posts with fan images on this one page. Both were said to be prophetic signs of the return of the messianic Senna red. Incidentally both got negative votes, from different members too. The issue is misrepresenting a fan doing a bit of colouring as a sign from Ron Dennis.

Mesteño

Just read in Mundo Deportivo web that Honda doesn't want silver livery, and that MP4-30 is rumored to have ORANGE or white livery in the first tests as they negotiate to have a major sponsorship.

Raymond Blancafort is the journalist, he is usually reliable.

Looking at that art piece, wouldn't be cool a White an Orange car?

TAG

Redragon wrote:I think this image is giving some clues of livery and colours http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagenes/2 ... on_7_1.jpg
official image printed at Marca http://www.marca.com/2015/01/03/motor/f ... 19132.html
A very optimistic fan with the number 1. :)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Mesteño

Mercedes and McLaren set for radical livery changes

Reigning world champions Mercedes and rival McLaren look set to unveil radical new colour schemes for the 2015 season according to several reports.

Mercedes, which are also known as the 'Silver Arrows', will stick with a similar colour scheme of silver and Petronas Blue, but it's reported that they will use a chrome paint with a mirror finish, similar to that used by McLaren during the 2014 season.

Spain's El Mundo Deportivo reports that the new paint is called 'Kromo' and will be applied to the entire car and wheels of the W06 raced by Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

McLaren meanwhile, which is looking to distance itself from its former engine supplier, will undergo a radical new paint job with new engine supplier Honda in mind.

Traditionally the team ran a white and red livery when it last partnered with Honda, though much of the red was thanks to Marlboro sponsorship at the time.

However it's believed the team are likely to return to those same colours as Honda is also linked with red, white and hints of black.

The Woking team could delay the livery launch until the first race in Australia. Reports suggest the team will run a traditional orange testing livery in Jerez and Barcelona.

http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/09708

Richard
Richard

TAG wrote:
Redragon wrote:I think this image is giving some clues of livery and colours http://estaticos02.marca.com/imagenes/2 ... on_7_1.jpg
official image printed at Marca http://www.marca.com/2015/01/03/motor/f ... 19132.html
A very optimistic fan with the number 1. :)
Yup they're so caught up with the Senna thing that they're going to use a replica of the MP4-5 next season. :?

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Richard
Richard

I'm sure they'll use a neutral colour scheme to make it easier to adapt to whoever ends up as the title sponsor. They'll need to change colour to highlight the move away from Merc. So the grey/silver palette of the Merc era won't be used. Switching to white makes sense as th eultimat eblank canvas, it's bright, and also echos the old Honda days.

I guess it'll be something like the Brawn colour scheme, with red highlights based on the McLaren logo (or possibly orange) instead of the dayglo yellow used by Brawn.

Of course that will all go in the bin when/if they find a title sponsor.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sponsors on this livery concept match the rumors a bit more.

djos

Not bad but I reckon it'd look better with red in place of the Orange.
"In downforce we trust"

Mesteño

This last one isn't bad at all. Still something on these artworks makes them look too generic, I hope the final livery has more personality.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i don't think there'll be that much black anyway. It makes the car a bit too dark imho. Replace the black with white and you're a very long way on a great livery.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

this might work tho

here some adjustments by me

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GoranF1
GoranF1

every one looks very nice but the sponsors like Shell and Telemex? in combo whit Telefonica and Mobil1?

McMrocks
McMrocks

All those speculations just point out how little we know. How about waiting for a official announcement?