McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
shotzski

Re: McLaren Livery

Maybe Mclaren/Honda were teasing the fans with their launch livery, then change the whole color scheme in Melbourne. Just a thought.

Mesteño

I think MANY (edited) dislikes come from no sponsorship logos, it is totally different car without them.
Last edited by Mesteño on 30 Jan 2015, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

Shrieker

djos wrote:This Livery or something like it would have just been sooooo much better!!!!

I just dont understand why they kept the Mercedes era Silver/chrome????? :?

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 8f4urj.jpg
That's f@cking awesome. I can't see why McLaren would settle for the livery they revealed. Even if they wanted to keep the chrome, they still could've done so much better. I think what they have now is better than last year tho.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Thunder

djos wrote:This Livery or something like it would have just been sooooo much better!!!!

I just dont understand why they kept the Mercedes era Silver/chrome????? :?

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 8f4urj.jpg
See and here comes personal preference. To me the Paintjob released by McLaren looks Way better than that Picture.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

WaikeCU

Manoah2u wrote:it looks like a west-era meets vodafone-era instead of the all-hyped sensation they feeded themselves like crazy, too with white-red honda-marlboro era mclarens. Something very welcome after the YEARS of silver/grey/black with a few spots of red.

It's like they stepped back in time in the early 2000's livery-wise.

Meanwhile, Mercedes is silvery, Force India will be silvery, and Mclaren will still be silvery. thats 3 silver coloured teams #-o
Why on earth?!

They had a chance of re-inventing themselves. "New Era".

this sucks, and i've been very fond of Mclaren. This is so disappointing it's almost at the point of being insulting to the fans.
Sure, the actual car - designwise - looks astonishing and promising. the livery? like a non-positive smack in the face.
I believe a new era is a time to make a statement and Mclaren haven't done that at all livery wise. Technically it's an exciting car without a doubt, but to make statement you have to raise awareness. They sure have done that on social media, but they just didn't deliver with the release at the end. If Mercedes and Force India already have a silver coloured car, then surely an entirely different colour would be so much more eye catching. So I think either the original 'back to the roots' orange or Honda white would have distinguished themselves from the competition. It would really have kicked of a new era for sure!

djos

Thunders wrote:
See and here comes personal preference. To me the Paintjob released by McLaren looks Way better than that Picture.
There's nothing wrong with the released paint job in general aside from the fact that it looks like a Mercedes era paint job, not a Honda era paint job.
"In downforce we trust"

bauc

I believe that we are all bit disappointed from the livery since we all hoped for a late 80's style livery to go back on the Mclaren car similar to something that was done by Williams. But if you take that away the livery is not that bad at all and there is still plenty room for improvement till the start of the year (maybe some sponsor will join in) and Ted Kravitz from SkySports posted on twitter yesterday asking where is the white & red livery, and noting that there is still time to Australia, so was that a hint maybe or just final hope like the rest of us? :)
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

erlik
erlik

With all #MakeHistory hipe they were making I hoped for new brand image to separate it from Mercedes era... big opportunity missed.

Gilles 27

Disappointed with this Livery, i have expected more courage in this change, also in the color selection!
The Grey/Silver/Black combination should be have banned from the start. This would also look likea Mercedes-McLaren and not like a New beginning with Honda.
Sorry Ron but this time was a big mistake from your designer Crew, even a amateur wouldn't choice this with a New PU partner.

ollandos
ollandos

team need a livery for the next 10 years .....this one coming from the past....
ok is better from last year but not brand new...for the new area...

need more red.....gine the paint job to peter......

Gilles 27

bauc wrote:I believe that we are all bit disappointed from the livery since we all hoped for a late 80's style livery to go back on the Mclaren car similar to something that was done by Williams. But if you take that away the livery is not that bad at all and there is still plenty room for improvement till the start of the year (maybe some sponsor will join in) and Ted Kravitz from SkySports posted on twitter yesterday asking where is the white & red livery, and noting that there is still time to Australia, so was that a hint maybe or just final hope like the rest of us? :)
I really hope it... Because this combination are too close to the passed Mercedes colors combo!
As a New technical and engine Partner a would be offended... Because it seems as they bemoan the past!

santos
santos

[quote="Gilles 27 I really hope it... Because this combination are too close to the passed Mercedes colors combo!
As a New technical and engine Partner a would be offended... Because it seems as they bemoan the past![/quote]

Do you remember the livery when Mercedes started with Mclaren? And when it was with Peugeot?

adrianjordan

This is probably wishful thinking....but what if they intend to gradually work back through their past liveries (or tributes to them) during the testing and then arrive at Melbourne with a brand new livery....

...as I said, wishful thinking...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

McMrocks
McMrocks

I think and hope the Honda guys car less about what fans think but more about how fast it is. Livery won't be their biggest problem and if it is they'll change it

ajprice
ajprice

Red stripe from the nose has been somewhere else as well as Mercedes McLaren...

I hope the McLaren is faster.