McLaren 2015 livery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mrluke
mrluke

Re: McLaren 2015 livery

Remind me what reflection issues they were having? Are we expecting an improvement to lap time now the grey has been properly optimized?

SectorOne

probably sponsor issues, on some images/tv angles the reflections can mess up the text.
Should have gone red white, who cares if its just for show, it would be sick seeing a homage of the legendary mclarens.

I mean lotus does it, albeight tweaked but still.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

SectorOne wrote:probably sponsor issues, on some images/tv angles the reflections can mess up the text.
Should have gone red white, who cares if its just for show, it would be sick seeing a homage of the legendary mclarens.

I mean lotus does it, albeight tweaked but still.
Maybe McLaren is too ashamed of their lack of performance this year to waste the red & white livery on the MP4-30. :o
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Daliracing

Well they weren't always very successfull with the red and white livery (mid 90's) i also want to see the red and white but like many others said here it will probably be grey with some rocket red

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

Daliracing wrote:Well they weren't always very successfull with the red and white livery (mid 90's) i also want to see the red and white but like many others said here it will probably be grey with some rocket red
True, but they were never so bad that they were racing against the backmarkers.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Daliracing

Nathanael F1 wrote:
Daliracing wrote:Well they weren't always very successfull with the red and white livery (mid 90's) i also want to see the red and white but like many others said here it will probably be grey with some rocket red
True, but they were never so bad that they were racing against the backmarkers.
also true. but it would just be nice to see the red and white back :D

Edit: i think they are going to improve this weekend. It would be nice i they can score a point/points.

agip

It would be nice but then you would get bored fast. Just like with Lotus.

So I prefer a completely new identity that lasts for some years.

bdr529

I don't think that I'v ever seen Alonso's helmet sitting that high up

I thought I'd put the video up here also

Daliracing

Well i think he sit quite normal in the car. doesn't look higher to me.

adrianjordan

Maybe my memory playing tricks, but wasn't the 29 a slightly darker colour anyway? Maybe that's the "graphite" they're going to...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thunder

turbof1 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same livery, just without the chrome finish. I'm quite pessimistic about this.
That's pretty much what i am expecting. Instead of Chrome we will have Gunmetal or some kind if Grey. And since i really liked the Sauber Livery posted on the Last Page, i would have absolutely NO Problem with that.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

PlatinumZealot wrote:
ChrisM40 wrote:Red and White is Honda, the BTCC factory Hondas are Red and white. While that ties in to some degree with their sponsor (Yuasa), they pretty much always have been.

Ron really needs to cut his losses on that 500 Gallons of battleship grey he bought cheap at an army spares shop.

In all seriousness the lack of concern for the livery is very short sighted. Last years was terminally dull and anonymous. Coupled with its lack of pace and therefore TV presence I almost forgot it was there. This years is much better, the red flash around the nose is quite striking for the short time we see it on screen. It makes me want to see more of it.
Why would one want a mclaren to look like a Honda civic?
It is only the engine that is a honda and the livery should reflect as such in my opinion.
You could argue that they wouldn't want a Civic to look like a Mclaren Honda, given that one is a winning car, the other is desperately losing.

Anyway, they had red and white on a McHonda before so your argument seems silly.

Sevach
Sevach

first image.

arianos
arianos

Redragon

Official picture, ugly livery in my opinion https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/595906798252630016