Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
BlackSwan
BlackSwan

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

ajinomoto

Is that some kind of DDRS?

aleks_ader

ajinomoto wrote:Is that some kind of DDRS?
Prove it?

-1st look into rules, what is forbidden or not

Then find:

-trigger mechanism (picture, or some-sort connected relevant theory)
-air path throw all parts up to blowing holes (path from A to B)
-conclusive nozzle position (pic only) near any blowing surface

Until you dont do that, this will be "just" rear wing central support strut witch has DRS hydraulic pipes inside.

And based around my knowledge about older versions of DDRS (2012), DRD (12-13), Fduct tehnology (10) and its rules, theory, and stalling effects are passive drag reduction sys really hard to make it work right. Even more, Ferrari had much more viable potential to spend money on other much more "fruitions" areas of AERO design at the moment .
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Kimicek3 wrote:
Thunders wrote:
Kimicek3 wrote:There is a front wing detail from Thursday in Melbourne - Ferrari will use the old version of their front wing :(

https://scontent-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot ... e=55806B4E
Thursday is just assembling / Scrutineering. No need to put on the latest Parts. I'm sure they have the New Wing ready.
I just hope you are right...
I think they will put on the new front wing at the end of FP1 or FP2 or use old wing on one car and new wing on another to compare.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

stefan_
stefan_

Australia 2015 - Thursday (12.03.2015)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Harsha
Harsha

is the camera position got longer or is it the angle and color?

McMrocks
McMrocks

I'd say it is the angle. But it suprises me that this design is not deemed illegal. Merc had to change their camera mountings. Anyway, it's not unsafe and doesn't make the car 1sec faster so i wonder why it was deemed illegal on the Merc in first place

bit1817
bit1817

Its just the angle, compare it to the position of the upper wishbone.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Front brake ducts look smaller than before and there is a vane ( don't know what to call it) behind the brake duct too. Is that new or was that present on the car in testing.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

zioture
zioture

Comparison R Wing Ferrari Australia VS Barcelona

f300v10
f300v10

zioture wrote:Comparison R Wing Ferrari Australia VS Barcelona

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 99467e1451
It may be due to camera angle, but the AOA of the upper flap appears lower in the Australia version. Other changes as well, the strake on the outer edge of the endplate is much steeper, and the position of the endplate slot that feeds air below the main plain is different as well, and there appears to be only one instead of two. Pretty clearly a new rear wing, thought the differences are subtle.

.poz
.poz

McMrocks wrote:I'd say it is the angle. But it suprises me that this design is not deemed illegal. Merc had to change their camera mountings.

Ferrari changed them too.

from this

to this

emmepi27
emmepi27

Nothing new here:
Australia:

Barcelona - last session
Last edited by emmepi27 on 12 Mar 2015, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

r.t.1.n
r.t.1.n

From AMUS - Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

gallahant
gallahant

First post for me, hello everybody.

I also believe that they will use the new front wing. Do we have any data that the new one is better than the old one?
On another notice, i LOVE how the new paint looks!