Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

The area on the Side Pod just before rear tire is also different (no bulge):
Old
New

Thunder

Is the Upper Flap smaller than yesterday's Version? This is from FP3. https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/635014756668190721
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

f1rules wrote:
Thunders wrote:There is about an Inch of the RW Flap cut away (the upper Edge).

I wonder what that new Front wing will look. I think it will just be a low Downforce config and not a Merc / RB Copy since they only just introduced their current Wing and JB mentioned in the Team Preview that he feels they were running too much downforce today.
according to autosport they will introduce a merc/rb style frontwing in singapore, and lets hope so, because that fw has catapulted rb back into shape
A new front wing isn't going to catapult McLaren back to the sharp end of the grid, not by a stretch.

f1rules
f1rules

thats not what im saying, but it can hopefully boost the aero performance, rb was lost until they introduced that new design in silverstone, after, their form has been rather impressive
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/32420/ ... in-in-2015

diffuser

f1rules wrote:
ajnšpric_pumpa wrote:Alonso;

On the Honda dyno there is more power and on the data is more power - you don't need any comparison, you just need to keep going and improving where we can."

can anyone guess what he means by this?
you guys are to polite, to me it sounds more like, all the data shows we have more power, but i dont feel

In the artical just before that he says you have to switch engines during the same day to actually feel the differnence which isn't possible.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

f1rules wrote:thats not what im saying, but it can hopefully boost the aero performance, rb was lost until they introduced that new design in silverstone, after, their form has been rather impressive
It will make no difference if Honda can't get the ERS and Turbo working together to deliver the power they are missing, you can have the best aero in the world but it will little difference when your power unit is down on power compared to the others.

DiogoBrand

f1rules wrote:thats not what im saying, but it can hopefully boost the aero performance, rb was lost until they introduced that new design in silverstone, after, their form has been rather impressive
Ferrari's wing looks like it's stuck in 2012 and they still have the second best car in the grid.
It's all about the PU, Renault's PU improved, so Red Bull and STR improved.

PlatinumZealot

frosty125 wrote:It looks the ICE has improved and could be better than Renault but the ERS is not delivering enough. According to EB they are deploying the 4MJ by about halfway through the lap and then they have no more MGU-K. Looks like the MGU-H/Turbo can't deliver enough to replenish the ES and deliver energy to the MGU-K. This was a big part of Ferrari's problem last year.
Yes good reasoning. Arai could be very right saying that the ICE is on par with Ferraris but he forgot to mention that the energy stores is still balls. The three tokens that they spent obviously did not go into the ERS.... :idea:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

CjC
CjC

That is very true. When that guy Arai speaks only sewage can be smelt. He has said that Mclaren are running too much downforce.... Yes the barn door is back on the a Mclaren, come on, Mclarens rear wings are usually the skinnest on the gird at every race this season, when they had a powerful Merc engine they had the biggest rear wings....

Every press release from Arai is direct dialogue to the Honda board members, he is in self preservation mode and trying to keep his job.

Rant over.
Just a fan's point of view

f1rules
f1rules

taperoo2k wrote:
It will make no difference if Honda can't get the ERS and Turbo working together to deliver the power they are missing, you can have the best aero in the world but it will little difference when your power unit is down on power compared to the others.
DiogoBrand wrote:
Ferrari's wing looks like it's stuck in 2012 and they still have the second best car in the grid.

lol yes, so because mclaren has a crap pu they should stop developing their aero

Sixbarboost
Sixbarboost

Cute, slugging it out with Marussia on the seasons's best track.

DiogoBrand

f1rules wrote:
taperoo2k wrote:
DiogoBrand wrote:

lol yes, so because mclaren has a crap pu they should stop developing their aero
I never said that. What I meant is that Red Bull's increase in performance comes from the PU, a front wing alone would never do that difference. And even the best front wing in the history of aerodynamics wouldn't make McLaren competitive with their lack of PU performance.

proteus

Sixbarboost wrote:Cute, slugging it out with Marussia on the seasons's best track.
They are 1.5 and 2 seconds faster than Marussia. There is no competition between them, by a mile.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows