Driver Helmets 2015

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cuky

Re: Driver Helmets 2015

Nice helmet for Grosjean

Sadly it is same as his car so he is practically invisible

PlatinumZealot

He is doing a Heidfeld. :mrgreen:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Aaronque
Aaronque

interestingly, kimi is no longer using schuberth again

xDama
xDama

Kimi was wearing Bell-helmets last year as well. I think he only wore his Schuberth-Ferrari-helmet during official Ferrari events. In races, he's using the Bell HP7.

Vettel is using Arai as well, so for the first time in about 15 years, no Schuberth-helmets in a Ferrari!
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

Cuky

Grosjean has posted photos of new helmet on his Facebook page

SilverArrow10

That's nice, also good to see each drivers number is becoming more unique like their own personal logo, now if they will only let them put them on the car like that.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Drivers will be now be restricted to 1 helmet design per season:
Formula 1 drivers will be banned from changing helmet designs in-season under new rules set to be introduced this year, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117721

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Jonnycraig wrote:Drivers will be now be restricted to 1 helmet design per season:
Formula 1 drivers will be banned from changing helmet designs in-season under new rules set to be introduced this year, AUTOSPORT can reveal.

=D> Good, it was getting out of control.

I must say it would have been nice to have the option to have a Monaco-special helmet though, i really like the monaco special edition helmets.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

gandharva

LOL, they seem to get completely mad now. Ridiculous...
As part of a push to improve the promotional appeal of the sport, F1 chiefs have grown concerned that fans are turned off by drivers constantly changing their helmet colours.
#-o

WaikeCU

Manoah2u wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:Drivers will be now be restricted to 1 helmet design per season:

=D> Good, it was getting out of control.

I must say it would have been nice to have the option to have a Monaco-special helmet though, i really like the monaco special edition helmets.
Well I guess that's too bad now does it? I don't understand this at all. Why would different helmet designs be a problem?

Thunder

Wasn't needed but i really don't mind it either.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Helios

WaikeCU

Off Topic:
FIA being all chauvinistic (read: French). I do what I want and that's the end of it. Yes Jean, I'm pointing at you. You are just using your power to realize what you think is best for the sport and we are all stupid enough to think Bernie takes the blame on ruining the sport. I think despite Bernie being the owner of F1, he doesn't even have any right to determine the face of the sport. Every decision on change has to be approved by the FIA in the end. That's what I think.

turbof1

Well actually we can't put all the blame on Todt either since the FIA simply doesn't have full authority anymore. 6 teams, the fia and the fom now decide over any changes.

You can blame Jean Todt however for selling 2/3ths of their decision rights. For a measely 40 million dollar.

Personally I think this went too far with the right idea. Some drivers without pointing my finger to any lf them *cough* Vettel *cough* changed helmet liveries on a race by race base. A bit too much. I do liked the special one offs for special occasions. Like a special livery for Monaco, or Button having a special livery for Japan. In having a different livery for a meaningful event is pretty cool. Just changing every race because you can is too much.

However, it seems drivers can't celebrate the special occasions neither anymore. I'd personally would have limited the total amount lf liveries to 2 or 3 a season.
#AeroFrodo

SectorOne

"That Vettel guy...keeps changing his damn helmet so much i had to stop watching F1"

Said no one ever.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"