Sauber C34 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Chene_Mostert

Re: Sauber C34 Ferrari

Very solid "limited budget" car,
I'm very pleased that this car carried the potential shown during testing into the race!
I hope they can at least manage some workable updates during the season and continue this trend.

This result is exactly what the team needed leaving Australia =D>
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

MadMatt
MadMatt

The livery on the nose made me think of old IndyCars with the narrow nose ending ON the front wing (the yellow painting makes tha effect from far). I liked it, but then you realize how weird the car(s) look like with these flat noses.

daveyrace
daveyrace

I know the livery does not make the car but I have to say I think this years Sauber has the best livery that I have seen on a racing car for some time. I liked it in testing and seeing it racing only confirmed it. They have chosen colours that other teams haven't so they stand out(take a hint Mclaren/ Force India, red bull, torro rosso), The design is simple and sharp so it shows up well at speed on a tv and against other cars and the (limited) sponsorship shows up well (What were Mclaren thinking?)

I think some of the other teams need to take a look at whoever is coming up with their own designs, and show them the door.

Basic designs look far better imho, and are easier to recognise, its the same with driver helmets, all these swishy fancy designs just look utter tosh when in the car driving round.

If I were in a position to sponsor an F1 team I would definitely go for Sauber, Mclaren would have to pay me beacuse you cant see anything on it even though it goes so slow? #-o

I am glad the car seems competitive, it will be good to see it at the front (the front behind the Mercedes 8) ).

Sulman
Sulman

Facts Only wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:The C34 is actually a decent car, considering the shoe string budget.
Certainly a vast improvement over the C33. Perhaps Nasr has some skill beyond his pay driver status as well.
Most definitely. They always said he was good, to be fair.

Thunder

Nice look at the ferrari Engine by AMuS from China.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

FW17

Thunders wrote:Nice look at the ferrari Engine by AMuS from China.

What we see is the back of the engine (I guess)

Not able to make too much sense of what is happening within the V, is it the intake manifold?

Godius

Blackout

WilliamsF1 wrote:

http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Sau ... 855615.jpg

Not able to make too much sense of what is happening within the V, is it the intake manifold?
Yes. The Ferari engine has two separated and thin intake plenum and each one feeds a cylinder bank. Obviously they are fed by the Intercooler which is placed in the engine's V. That's why the manifolds are so compact, the Intercooler takes almost all the place.
The manifolds are too small to host variable length trumpets IMO. The other ngines have plenty of space and have a big box-shaped intake plenum.

Blackout

Craig Scarborough @ScarbsF1 · 19 Std. Vor 19 Stunden
Ferrari continue to use the water turbo intercooler in the V of the engine Image

FrukostScones

new

old

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

wesley123
wesley123

There is a small vane between the endplate and the vertical vane
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Wow it's quite a big change

Sevach
Sevach

A bit Red Bull like.

turbof1

In my opinion it's actually much more the (old) mercedes route, but indeed with a few red bull concepts. The cascades and endplates are much alike the Mercedes wing, while the main wing elements are a bit more alike red bull.

Honestly, I overall see a much bigger convergence towards the mercedes concept and a general move-away from red bull.
#AeroFrodo

bdr529

WilliamsF1 wrote:

http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Sau ... 855615.jpg

I would say that's the front of the engine, assuming the photo was taken just outside the garage looking inward.