Ferrari 2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

Ferrari 2007

Schuey stays in Ferrari, Kimi instead of Massa?
Reports are emerging in Germany, that Michael Schumacher has signed a new contract with Ferrari for 2007.

The same reports claim that Kimi Raikkonen is keen to join the Italian outfit, creating a 'dream team', but stop short of saying that the Finn has done a deal.

Schumacher has already said that he will wait until later in the season before deciding his future, much of this dependent on the performance of the 248 F1.

However, the 2006 car's performance in Bahrain, not to mention the fact that other leading Ferrari team members, including Jean Todt and Ross Brawn have re-committed to the marque, may have caused the seven-time World Champion to make his decision earlier than planned.

Since McLaren announced that it had signed Fernando Alonso for 2007, there has been continued speculation as to Raikkonen's future. The Woking team has said that it would be happy to retain him, but at the same time will not stand in his way.

Raikkonen, providing the cars offered by both teams are competitive, will be tempted by the opportunity to go head-to-head with two of the best drivers of the modern era.

http://www.sportbild.de/de/nncs/formel1 ... 00006.html

peroa
peroa

It`s BILD.

They build the whole article on one comment of Wili Webber who said that good results are not bad for negotiations. :wink:
Easy on the Appletini!

Scuderia_Russ

I was chirping about this last week! :wink:

Principessa

Question: Massa's contract with Ferrari was only for this season than?

jezzwa

As far as i'm aware it was only ever a single year deal with massa
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

Principessa

Well than it's a possibility that Kimi moves to Ferrari, but would Schumi really continue 2 years...he's starting to become old :oops:

Jason

high blood pressure for me...Kimi is my idol and I 100% hate Ferrari..... :cry: which should I choose?

Continue to support Kimi or
Stop supporting him and support JPM :oops: :oops: :oops:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

jaslfc
jaslfc

me personally i support the driver and not the team!

ketanpaul

If Schumi stays, i dont think a person like Kimi will be in the second seat, probably someone like massa or rossi. History shows that constructor titles are won easily having an ace driver and someone like massa or fisico in the second seat.
And as far as schumi's age goes, i dont think he is old, mansell won his title when he was 39 or something. Schumi can continue well in his forties.....

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think enough with the rumours and speculations. we will soon find out about rossi and shumacher in the next few months.. all i can say is that whatever happens... i just hope that the racing will be close and exciting

Principessa

I just read on a site that Kimi Raikkonen already signed a contract with Ferrari almost a year ago...If it's true or not I don't know!

The saga continues... :P

m3_lover

I most certainly think that Kimi has signed the contract abuot a year ago, every news agency has reported it, I just think he is timing it to say when he is leaving.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

Well, I wonder why. He has said in an interview that I've read in a magazine that he thinks it is really stupid of Alonso to sign a contract a year before leaving a team, but as we may believe recent reports he has done the same...that's very hypocrite of him to say if he has done the same!

bhall
bhall

I read a few weeks ago that a Ferrari team member said Kimi had already signed for 2007, and that the team was waiting to make an announcement so as not to make the same mistake McLaren made with the signing of Alonso.

A Schumacher/Raikkonen lineup works very well for me. Much better than Schumacher/Rossi or Massa. Though it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Schumi decided to retire at the end of this season if he's able to win the WDC for the 8th time. I guess then I'd rather see Massa teamed up with Kimi, rather than watching Rossi try to cut his teeth in F1.

Principessa

Well, to be honoust I like the Schumi/Massa line-up. Schumi is challenged by his team mate and at the end with Barrichello, he wasn't. So now Schumi has to push harder to be quicker than Massa.