Ferrari 2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
wazojugs

I think he is too hot headed and loses concentration far to much, just like in Spain.

I would prefer to see Webber in the Renault next year.

dumrick
dumrick

Principessa wrote:The only problem Ferrari has is that Schumacher will not team up with Raikkonen. Two drivers who want to win the championship in one team just can't work.
It can work! Look at Prost/Lauda, Prost/Senna, Hill/Villeneuve, Hakkinen/Coulthard...
Just can't work at Schumi's Ferrari... MS really knows how to focus a team around him and play with better cards than teammates. Hats off to him, of course, but that's why he would never race for McLaren or Williams, that refuse usually to play along with that kind of games...

Spencifer_Murphy

Principessa wrote:Oh no! JP would do great in the Renault car! He just has a bad team behind him at the time and that's why he isn't performing + the MP4-21 isn't what was expected: not fast, not very reliable....
Lest we forget the MP4-20 AND MP4-21 have inherent understeer that only Kimi seems to prefer. I have read interviews with both De La Rosa & Alex Wurz (okay he's at williams now but he can still give insight into the MP4-20) that both say they'd prefer the car to have less of an natural tendancy to understeer.

I must agree with wazojuggs tho, Monty does often seem to over drive the car. That said, I'm beginning to think the same about Kimi...all those engine retirements last year...IIRC Montoya didnt have quite so many did he?

Overall I think Montoya in a Renault could just be the break for Montoya that we thought Mclaren would be, but isnt. And, even if he doesnt, Its great watching the man race...so much guts.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Principessa

I agree spencifer! I really think that they would form a good team. I think the Renault car will suit JP's style more than the unreliable McLaren! And you have to say it, though fisico isn't performing that well this season, he still has the full support of the team and gets equal material and equal treatement as Alonso! That isn't the case with McLaren.
Briatore said in an interview that he really believes that JP would be the good choice for Renault and that Renault knows he can win races and that he can perhaps win them for Renault next season! It would be great!!

But we don't want Kimi in Renault!!!!!!

sebbe
sebbe

Kimi, don´t leave us!

Kimi is my idol too, and I hate Ferrari (just like you, Jason), but if he chooses to move to Ferrari I won´t support him anymore. F1 is all about teams, the driver is just the less important of the components. I support
McLaren, by the way.
Kimi has enough ice in his veins to race in the same team as Schumi or Alonso, but only if he has the same opportunities and that won't be the case if he moves to Ferrari.

I disagree with you, Ketanpaul, I don´t think Kimi is arrogant, quite the opposite, I think he´s humble (okay, you can laugh now :lol:). He is just very quiet. And for that reason he can´t motivate a team like Schumi can, he needs another kind of team, like McLaren. I don´t want him to go away! (snif! :cry:)

By the way, neither Fisico, Button, Barrichello, Ralf nor Montoya can be the "first driver" a team needs, they just can't... :twisted:
JPM hasn´t delivered anything to any team, he did nothing for Williams, he hasn´t done anything for McLaren, and he won´t.

Please friends!, let´s forget about McLaren's lack of reliability, that seems to be old news, MP4-21 current problem is in the suspension, and maybe in the lack of power of its engine. Yesterday I read somewhere that Mercedes' engine is more powerful that Renault's (I don´t think so).

I don´t think JPM will move to Renault. I hate Briatore but I have to admit he isn´t stupid, he won´t put two second line drivers in his team.

That's all for now, folks!
"I've already altered the deal, pray I don't alter it any further" -Darth Vader to Lando Calrissian. The Empire Strikes Back.
"Progress is not always made by reasonable men." (McLaren Racing).
"We have optimised the lateral optical interface of the building." (Translation: "My factory has a lot of windows.") Ron Dennis.-

Scuderia_Russ

Re: Kimi, don´t leave us!

sebbe wrote:Kimi is my idol too, but if he chooses to move to Ferrari I won´t support him anymore.
Wow, that's dedication.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Tom

I would love to see Kimi at Ferrari. It will bring back the classic romance to the team, a Villenurve or Piquet style character who just wants to race and loves to win. Michael doesn't have that charm or perhaps its the machinery thats changed so much. Either way I will support him.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Scuderia_Russ

Me too, I think it will be great.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Spencifer_Murphy

JPM hasn´t delivered anything to any team, he did nothing for Williams, he hasn´t done anything for McLaren, and he won´t.
Maybe thats because the teams have done nothing for him lol.

Lets face it at Williams there was France 2003 (okay Montoya was right out of order with what he said on the radio) but the team messed up his race, and never attempted to bridge any gaps between them afterwards (again Montoya should have tried to build some bridges but equally so should the team) insted they both behaved like babies.

At Mclaren he has a car designed to suit ONE out of the FOUR drivers at the team (Kimi - no preferable treatment there I see :roll: ) and recieved no support from the team after his "Tennis" injury, insted he recieved publicly made snide remarks from team management.

He may loose his temper, but if the team can behave more adult like than him, keep him happy, and try to make up when they do have a disagreement MAYBE he might actually WANT to do something for them.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.