2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: R: 2015 Pre-season Testing

charlex wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:even though it sounds trollish as hell, I think ALO certainly made a mistake leaving Ferrari... at least regarding 2015.
35/1 VET WDC somewhere... O.o
Who said Alonso left Ferrari and not vice-versa?
I didn't want to start that debate again... ( I m sure he could have continued if he had been up to good.)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

Great, a few hours of day 1 testing and we already have seasons written off or won! Come on people, lets get real.

Can't wait to hear the Honda on full song. Agree with comments about McLaren so far. It's not on fire at the end of the pitlane. Good first day going by last year. In fact it didn't even leave the pits last years first day (think I'm right) and that was with huge bodywork and a Merc motor.

Sulman
Sulman

FrukostScones wrote:
charlex wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:even though it sounds trollish as hell, I think ALO certainly made a mistake leaving Ferrari... at least regarding 2015.
35/1 VET WDC somewhere... O.o
Who said Alonso left Ferrari and not vice-versa?
I didn't want to start that debate again... ( I m sure he could have continued if he had been up to good.)
Like Vettel at Red Bull sometimes it's better for everyone that people part ways. If Ferrari are strong this year, how much is that due to personnel changes and a different way of working? There's not telling it would be the same if it wasn't for the pain of last year.

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

14:04 Keke's son is now up to 122 laps completed in the Mercedes W06. He and Bottas continue to do similar laptimes - now in the low 1m26s.

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

Are there regulations that prevent this kind of engine testing on a test rig or on the dyno?

motobaleno

according to pirelli reported by autosprint vettel used winter hard (between normal hard and medim...) for his time

FrukostScones

motobaleno wrote:according to pirelli reported by autosprint vettel used winter hard (between normal hard and medim...) for his time
so the unmarked tire might be the winter-hard type...

btw: what winter-hard tyre :?:

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

charlex

Re: R: 2015 Pre-season Testing

FrukostScones wrote:
motobaleno wrote:according to pirelli reported by autosprint vettel used winter hard (between normal hard and medim...) for his time
so the unmarked tire might be the winter-hard type...

btw: what winter-hard tyre :?:
the ones who rosberg has squeezed for 40 consecutive rounds

Lasse-E
Lasse-E

FrukostScones wrote:
motobaleno wrote: btw: what winter-hard tyre :?:
Last year Pirelli introduced a special winter compound (only for testing), that was better suited for the colder conditions in Spain during these early tests.

Juzh

So, not a single red flag so far?

diffuser

I wonder how late they can run?

GPR-A duplicate2

Lasse-E wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:
motobaleno wrote: btw: what winter-hard tyre :?:
Last year Pirelli introduced a special winter compound (only for testing), that was better suited for the colder conditions in Spain during these early tests.
NO. Thats not how I have read it. As a backup measure, Pirelli also has another factory somewhere in Europe, where they manufacture these UNMARKED tyres, which are almost the same as the normal ones that they delivery throughout testing and race weekends.

According to France's Auto Plus, Pirelli's motorsport director Paul Hembery cleared up the matter by explaining that the blank tyres were in fact "prototypes".

They had been manufactured not at Pirelli's usual F1 factory in Turkey, but from an unidentified facility, in the event that a natural disaster forced the tyre supplier to change its plans at the last minute. The test with those tyres in Barcelona are simply to ensure that they perform exactly the same as the normal tyres. These unmarked tyres are identical in compound and structure to the normal tyres. Each team was provided with two extra sets of these tyres for the test.

Pirelli Unmarked Tyres

FrukostScones

Juzh wrote:So, not a single red flag so far?
there was one at 9:58 CET.

it s over at 1700 CET i think.

F1NAC

now it is Red Flag, Sainz it seems. Vettel improved time on mediums