2015 Pre-season Testing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
motobaleno

Re: 2015 Pre-season Testing

vettel 1.22.690 on medium

FrukostScones

F1NAC wrote:now it is Red Flag, Sainz it seems. Vettel improved time on mediums
I hope the 2015 season can detsroy all "F1 doom doubts and Bernie-Madness quick shots from the hip..." if you know what I mean.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

FrukostScones

but Force India seems to be real trouble:

https://translate.google.de/translate?s ... t=&act=url
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Lasse-E
Lasse-E

GPR-A wrote: NO. Thats not how I have read it. As a backup measure, Pirelli also has another factory somewhere in Europe, where they manufacture these UNMARKED tyres, which are almost the same as the normal ones that they delivery throughout testing and race weekends.

According to France's Auto Plus, Pirelli's motorsport director Paul Hembery cleared up the matter by explaining that the blank tyres were in fact "prototypes".

They had been manufactured not at Pirelli's usual F1 factory in Turkey, but from an unidentified facility, in the event that a natural disaster forced the tyre supplier to change its plans at the last minute. The test with those tyres in Barcelona are simply to ensure that they perform exactly the same as the normal tyres. These unmarked tyres are identical in compound and structure to the normal tyres. Each team was provided with two extra sets of these tyres for the test.

Pirelli Unmarked Tyres
You are absolutely right about the unmarked tires from last year, but on top of that they had these special winter testing tires.
Pirelli is also bringing a special one-off ‘winter’ compound to Jerez, in order to minimise the effect of potentially low ambient temperatures on track time. This is a hard compound that has been optimised to work well even in low temperatures, reducing the risk of graining (which is a common characteristic of cold weather running).
From the section about "Testing Facts" http://www.pirelli.com/corporate/en/pre ... 1-january/

motobaleno

apparently first exit for soft on sauber

motobaleno

rosberg 136 laps....really impressive

turbof1

Which is now 150 laps. Incredible.

If I was Rosberg, I'd ask to do a few quick laps on softs or supersofts, just to try to push the car to its utter limit.
#AeroFrodo

Lasse-E
Lasse-E

At this rate even the most optimistic testing plan, Mercedes could have made for the day must have been completed and then some...

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Based on the Sauber time of 1:22,777 and the best 2013 time of 1:17,878, i think we could see a 1:20,xxx during this first test.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Felipe 92

via Skysports :
Dennis explaining what has limited McLaren's running to just six laps today:

"The problems that we’re experiencing today are really stemming from the tense packaging that goes on inside the engine. At this moment in time we don’t have exact understanding, but we've got some sensors that aren't talking correctly to other parts of the system. Therefore, whilst we can turn them off and circumvent them, this is what testing’s about so right now the guys are disassembling the car again to try and eliminate some short-circuiting on some sensors.
"Nothing’s overheating, which is normally what happens when you get it wrong on packaging, we’ve got no burning of heat shields. There is every indication that the mechanical design of the car has been well executed."

lks
lks

Autosport.com stuck in the past ?

gandharva

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

turbof1 wrote:Which is now 150 laps. Incredible.

If I was Rosberg, I'd ask to do a few quick laps on softs or supersofts, just to try to push the car to its utter limit.
Rosberg was confident enoigh to predict a few days ago that it would be another season of Merc 1-2s so not that incredible.

Luckily for those of us who don't want to watch another season of that there is Formula E, GP2,GP3, WEC, Indycar, USCC and many more.

I would recommend it to those whinging about 'season over' rather than moaning on an F1 forum about how boring F1 is.

jericho

How late can we see the notebook from Ted?

Felipe 92

jericho wrote:How late can we see the notebook from Ted?
9:15 pm UK time