Your favourite track?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Your favourite track?

Bahrain
No votes
Malaysia
5%
Australia
No votes
San Marino
No votes
Europe
No votes
Spain
5%
Monaco
63%
Britain
26%

Total votes: 19

Alexis
Alexis

My opinion:

Best course: Spa (The pride of Belgium)
Best Atmosphere: Monaco
Best infrastructure: China

Spa is a very nice track but the facilities are not really what they should be. I think it's a shame Belgian government doesn't invest in it, it's one of the few things that places Belgium on the world map.

I also like Donington, Zolder (wich is being modified at the moment) and Brno.
Show that you're a loser with a lot of money who can't get a racing license, drive the Gumball 3000...

Surry fer mai bed Hinglish

Principessa

To bad our pride has been taken away by those idiotic Walloon politicians :evil:

tOrnike

My point is that Spa is the best track technically and in terms of driving skills' show, Monaco is the most demanding and Silverstone is one with the best atmosphere - firstly, F1 was born here and during many years drivers used to come here to start their F1 careers and secondly, it's been built at the place where WW2 aerodrome was situated and this only adds up to its great spirit.

so my fave is Silverstone
McLaren Formula 1 Team
11 Times drivers world champions
8 Times constructors world champions

Tom

Principessa, Alexis, Tomba.

I envy you all.

Spa is a beautiful track and a hell of a hard one.

Perhaps modern tracks are too short.
Thats the appeal of Le Mans, Spa and to some extent Suzuka.

My top tracks
Spa (Of course)
Monaco
Suzuka
Silverstone (I have to say that, I went in 2000, Abbey chicane.)
Monza
Turkey
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Jason

Tom wrote:Principessa, Alexis, Tomba.

I envy you all.

Spa is a beautiful track and a hell of a hard one.

Perhaps modern tracks are too short.
Thats the appeal of Le Mans, Spa and to some extent Suzuka.

My top tracks
Spa (Of course)
Monaco
Suzuka
Silverstone (I have to say that, I went in 2000, Abbey chicane.)
Monza
Turkey
Absolutely right to place Turkey last, Turn 8 of that circuit really spinning me out. Monza is quite good, Suzuka is the best in my opinion, Spa is absolutely challenging and of course the weather will be a factor for sure. 8)
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

taleed

I don't understand.....why so many people voted for Monaco...It's not that really interesting i think. Why do you think monaco is a more prefered track??

Spencifer_Murphy

For me personally its because of the unique challenge it brings.

As a circuit layout, its not too awesome. Spa for example is much better. But at Monaco the drivers (and cars) face a unique challenge in many ways.

For example, at Monaco, it is a street circuit, not only does this mean that there are little or no run-off areas (just barriers - and therefore no room for error) the track is also VERY narrow, and VERY bumpy. This also demands a lot from setup with regards to how the car is sprung. On a slow circuit like Monaco you want soft springs, but its so bumpy the need to be stiff enough to absorb the bumps and stop the car bottoming out (scraping the road). Also the right-hight must also be high to clear the bumps, which has a negative effect on both centre-of-gravity and also downforce.

The circuit also has very few straights, in fact the two fastest parts of the circuit (the tunnel & the pit straight) arent even straight lol. What this means is that the driver has no time to sit back and gather where he is and what he is going to do next, he is forced to be on 100% concentration 100% of the time.

On the part of the car, the circuit requires uniquely high downforce & mechanical grip levels. Also being so short the gear ratios are so short the car is almost constantly changing gear. I think dueing a Monaco GP the gearbox will shift approximately 3000 times. Also being so slow engine cooling isnt too great.

Theres just no other circuit like it. Others also like the tunnel which poses its own problems as the drivers eyes need to adjust from bight light, to little light, and then back to bright. lol. Oh and we cant forget the Monaco atmosphere & razzmatazz.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

Ciro Pabón

Monaco? Good proposition. I would like to point out that you could do an even more demanding circuit in the streets of my neighboorhood. We have a 3m radius corner and plenty of bumps. I am sure that even Ide will be airborne... like in Spa.

Besides, me and the boys would be grateful for the pit babes visiting. :wink:
Ciro

Jason

I'll take Monaco and Spa. Monaco's atomsphere is the best, Spa is located in the cool green forest. China is often foggy so I don't like the atomsphere but I like the track, Melbourne is often cloudy so like it too.
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW