Alonso's Crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
void

Re: Alonso's Crash

Just a question. Why Alono is not wearing McLaren colours on his video after crash?

ecapox

Omnicourse.it is reporting that El Pais (a Spanish newspaper) said Alonso actually had amnesia for a week and that his memory now ends at 20 years ago and upon talking to doctors he said his name was Fernando Alonso and he races go karts. Other people are reporting that when he was talking in Italian and believed he still worked for Ferrari.

Not quite sure I believe all this, but it is being reported. If true, its bananas. I guess we wait to see if he races after Melbourne....

wesley123
wesley123

MOWOG wrote: I will say that McLaren has done a piss poor job of handling this situation. I wouldn't believe anything Big Ron or Little Eric has to say. Neither has any credibility.
"Hey big sponsors who want to advertise on our car, yeah about that top driver we hired? Yeah, seems like he has a few medical issues."

Ron really wants big companies to advertise on his cars(or better said, pay his bills), and telling everyone your leading driver which is highly rated has got medical issues, partially caused by your own car(which isn't already going well), isn't really a great way to get big brands hyped.

McLaren has done the best job they possibly could do on this. This really is one of those situations where it is best to not say anything and rather focus on that Magnussen and Button are driving the McLaren-Honda's in Melbourne in less than 2 weeks.
So Alonso was NOT injured, never was injured, buy spent 4 days in the hospital as a result of his non-injury and will not be able to drive in Melbourne also because of his non-injury.

Right. Got it. :wtf: :-"
I don't think anyone has said that there aren't any medical issues.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Shrieker

ecapox wrote:Omnicourse.it is reporting that El Pais (a Spanish newspaper) said Alonso actually had amnesia for a week and that his memory now ends at 20 years ago and upon talking to doctors he said his name was Fernando Alonso and he races go karts. Other people are reporting that when he was talking in Italian and believed he still worked for Ferrari.

Not quite sure I believe all this, but it is being reported. If true, its bananas. I guess we wait to see if he races after Melbourne....
That's just crazy... Another fellow member posted the same story but that would be horrendous.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

ecapox wrote:Omnicourse.it is reporting that El Pais (a Spanish newspaper) said Alonso actually had amnesia for a week and that his memory now ends at 20 years ago and upon talking to doctors he said his name was Fernando Alonso and he races go karts. Other people are reporting that when he was talking in Italian and believed he still worked for Ferrari.

Hilarious! So how did he remember how to use twitter?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

langwadt
langwadt

PlatinumZealot wrote:

he probably has people to do twitter for him

The rumors that he might have momentarily thought he was a Ferrari driver would be somewhat understandable after, for anyone but an F1 driver, big crash. but 20 years that is is either insane imagination from reporters or very very bad news

bdr529

langwadt wrote: The rumors that he might have momentarily thought he was a Ferrari driver would be somewhat understandable after, for anyone but an F1 driver, big crash. but 20 years that is is either insane imagination from reporters or very very bad news

I could see him thinking he was still with Ferrari, after seeing a couple of drivers in the past stop at their former team for a pit stop, and their were supposed to be conscious :)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/ ... -fall.html

A story of a woman whom, after slipping and falling and somehow getting a brain trauma from the concussion, lost 20 years of memory.

IF there is any truth to Alonso losing 20 years of memory, that would be quite a problem - if he wouldn't be able to remember more. However, there are reports of him still thinking he drove for Ferrari so, i'd take it all with a grain of salt.

Things tend to get exegarated quite hefty. Imagine in a daze and confuse somebody asking you who are you and what do you do? and the thought of karting and loving F1 slip to the mind, you say that. That does not mean you've lost 20 years. It only means in a daze you've said something, that's it. Meanwhile, Alonso's memory might start to return quite fast but not yet fully. "you remember what happened when you crashed the mclaren in the wall?" then alonso: - Mclaren? wait, wut? you mean Ferrari. - No, Mclaren, you drive for mclaren....Oh? oh eh, ah yes, offcourse. Yes. Mclaren, i signed with Honda and we were doing some tests. That's all i remember.

And voila, let's exegarate so we have a story.

I think it'll all be quite much less extreme as is being shown in the media. I think Alonso will struggle a bit still in Malaysia but he'll adapt real fast.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Hail22

I believe Fernando Alonso was shocked by either his battery pack or MGU-K unit.

Remember this?

I decided to finally make a post in this thread after reviewing numerous posts, videos, blog posts etc. It's the only plausible scenario and I believe the Formula 1 / FIA needs to open up on this matter as Australian press are starting to make a dogs breakfast out of it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/ ... 3x7bz.html
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Mui
Mui

Alonso's life sure has all the hallmarks for an epic biopic. Started at bottom of the barrel at Minardi, Twice world champion with renault followed by almost a decade of no championships, spygate, 5 years at Ferrari, test crash and now amnesia. The set up is all there. One more wdc and it would be a perfect ending. Who wouldn't root for this guy?

cherok1212

I wonder if Alonso remembers he likes Ron now :mrgreen:
If consistently being 7/10ths faster than you is a "mind game", then yes Jenson, Lewis was playing "games" with you.

Facts Only
Facts Only

PlatinumZealot wrote:

And the very idea of a Camera-Phone would have blown his mind!

And when somebody tells him what happened in 2007 he's going to go ballistic... "I'm driving for this lot... again!?"
Last edited by Facts Only on 06 Mar 2015, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

hollus

This is going to sound rude, but I don't know how to sugar-coat it. As fun as it is to speculate, please, all of you, make an effort to see the sources of the information, or at least to think which they are and how likely they are to really know. Just in that quote above, you(they) are saying one thing, then another, and somehow, apparently, giving credibility to both because they are "being reported". Ignoring the logic flaws in that, they are not even being reported, they are being tortured in the internet. I am guessing that the omnicourse -> being reported path was actually El Pais -> Omnicourse -> dude translating to english -> dude making extracts from the translation -> dude reconstructing the whole story from the extracts -> you writing here. Am I right? At which point in the chain do we stop calling it reporting?
I am Spanish, and what Oriol Puigdemont actually wrote for El Pais http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/201 ... 43825.html is that the moment he recovered conscience, shortly after having lost it, he was immediately asked by the medical services these three questions: "Who are you?, What is your job? What do you expect of the future?". He also says that those are standard questions to anyone who might have commotion from an impact. Then, seconds after waking up, a couple of minutes after crashing, he answered that he was called Fernando, racing Karts, and that he wanted to make it to F1.
And from this, speculation goes on and he "had amnesia for a week and his memory now ends at 20 years ago" .
Really, please, a minimal effort to consider the sources and what they know, please...
Rivals, not enemies.

lebesset
lebesset

Hail22 wrote:I believe Fernando Alonso was shocked by either his battery pack or MGU-K unit.

Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__DpDTDyc4g

I decided to finally make a post in this thread after reviewing numerous posts, videos, blog posts etc. It's the only plausible scenario and I believe the Formula 1 / FIA needs to open up on this matter as Australian press are starting to make a dogs breakfast out of it.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorsport/ ... 3x7bz.html
so how come his blood tests show he hadn't had an electric shock ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

cma
cma

As we're all speculating without any firm facts then I think it was caused by Aliens....... :roll: