Alonso Vs. Rossi

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

3-way challenge, Alonso or Rossi?

Alonso
29%
Rossi
43%
Sensasionalist Journalism
29%

Total votes: 28

jezzwa

Alonso Vs. Rossi

A 3 way challenge who do you reckon would win? In F1, Bikes and Rally, i reckon rossi would win overall :twisted:
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

oligator220482
oligator220482

I think if Sébastien Loeb could take part, he could win. He's the best to adapt his drive style (remember his race at Le Mans!!).

It is hard to organize this challenge between the two champions, how to make it balanced? 5 laps of F1, 5 laps of MotoGp and one OS? I don't know...
Renault the BEST !!!

axle
axle

Far easier IMO to go from 2wheels to 4...

Rossi is a god on bikes...and loves to drive rally cars too...
- Axle

RH1300S
RH1300S

Rossi no question....unless you gave Alonso years to learn how to be truly fast on a bike.

The way I look at it is, FA would have Rossi in the F1 car and possibly the WRC - but it would be close. We already know that Rossi is pretty handy in both.

On the bike Rossi will take seconds out of Alonso. Any motorcyclists here? Riding a bike fast is very hard to do. Picture Rossi firing the bike through a corner with the back tyre lit up at 120mph, now picture Alonso being fired sky high when he tries that and high-sides.......ain't going to happen.

Please, don't think I don't believe Alonso could be good on a bike, he is probably one of those people who would be good at anything he tried. It's just that a life-time of bike experience will give Rossi an advantage of seconds, but a lifetime in cars will only give FA tenths.

BTW - like the last option.......;)

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It is so difficult to learn to ride a two wheel road racer at the speeds someone like Rossi does. Just watch him when he's entering a fast corner. He's leaned over, dragging a knee. His rear tire has stepped out about an inch or so, sliding. Not only that, but .. here's the kicker.. the front tire is also sliding too. And usually, he's inches away from a competitor.
To go truly quick, you have to be able to slide both ends of the bike. Not for the faint hearted, nor for anyone who does not posess the experience and skills to do such a tricky thing.

m3_lover

I think if Sébastien Loeb could take part, he could win. He's the best to adapt his drive style (remember his race at Le Mans!!).
Didn't Sebastien Loeb win the Worlds Champion race in France this year, I know Renaults Test Driver won it last year. Also in those race's the nascar guys always lose :)

And Alonso always, if not him then Takuma Sato, they don't call him the Kamizke killer for nothing :)
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

joseff

Stupid but relevant question here: are MotoGP teams allowed to test outside the official test days? If not, how are they going to legally stage the MotoGP shootout?

Also, which of the current F1 drivers are used to racing bikes? I think Damon Hill was a bike racer, but I don't know about the current lineup.

Scuderia_Russ

Apparently Alonso accepted the Rossi Tripple challenge in Gazzett dello Sport. I doubt it will ever happen though.

RH1300S
RH1300S

m3_lover wrote:Also in those race's the nascar guys always lose :)
I watched the ROC live (great event!). Are we counting Jeff Gordon as a Nascar loser? Nope.....we showed very well indeed had some really good pace. I won't take Loeb's win away - he was just great all night, but there were other drivers doing a fantastic job - much closer than the result make you think. Jeff Gordon the "loser" was one of the stars.

rsfocus
rsfocus

joseff wrote:Stupid but relevant question here: are MotoGP teams allowed to test outside the official test days? If not, how are they going to legally stage the MotoGP shootout?

Also, which of the current F1 drivers are used to racing bikes? I think Damon Hill was a bike racer, but I don't know about the current lineup.
motogp have offical test days where all the teams have to turn up (well are expected to) but they dont have testing restrictions like f1, they test most of the year, but they also dont have actual seperate testing teams. they dont spend the money like f1. but they also get a lot more track time at the gp's than f1 do too. plus there are 4 yamahas, up to 6 hondas and so on...

i think rossi as well, he is quick but not fast in an f1 car, has done well in rallying (exclude rally gb in 206 pug) and well there is not much to say about his motogp riding...

Venom
Venom

It will never happen...

Scuderia_Russ

Sort of off topic but Rossi is reportde to be unhappy with the Ymaha pace. He said the bike is producing some horrendous vibration and he was only able to set the tenth quickest time in the latest test. I see a two year Ferrari test programme in my crystal ball.

Jason

Re: Alonso Vs. Rossi

Rossi is my choice
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Steven
Owner

Well yes Rossi has driven all these already so he's got the advantage.
However, add karting to that, or F2000 or whatever, and Alonso is unbeatable.

Jason

If Alonso goes to Moto Gp, he would certainly beaten my Rossi. Swicth over, if Rossi goes to F1, he and Alonso will battle it out. Who is the winner I don't know :roll:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW